The Altis Parachute Regiment is a new faction for Global Mobilization adding troops from the airborne units (Paratroopers and SAS squadron) of the Altian armed forces during the colonial time and the cold war era (1980’s).
Created during the second world war as part of the British airborne forces in Mediteraneean, the Parachute Regiment and SAS squadron have fought alongside UK armed forces in almost every major British operations in the mediteraneean or Middle east theater, such has the Suez Crisis, the Dhofar Rebellion the Aden Emergency, and the multinational Force in Lebanon. In the 1980’s, a small contingent of Parachute company and SAS sticks was deployed to support the British Expeditionary Forces during the Falklands war.
During the cold war Era, the Altis Parachute Regiment served as a quick reaction force of NATO powers, able to be rapidly deployed on mainland Europe or Persian Gulf in case of invasion of the Warsaw Pact forces.
During the State Scarlet crisis, Several companies of the Altis Parachute Regiment were dropped over Germany to reinforce the elements of the Bundeswehr holding the area of Weferlingen against advance of East German forces.
One new faction (NATO side), including Altian airborne forces and SAS squadron men
Retextured Global Mobilization & A3 base game uniforms & equipment, in Fictional DPM and Brushstroke pattern, adapted from AAF camo palette
New assets ported from A2: Headgear (helmets), Weapons (FAL, GPMG-like machine gun, MP5sd)
Retextured Vehicles (two pattern, Altis camouflage & plain green), and new markings
Static line parachute (see Credits and Acknowledgements) and scripted drop system waypoints
To install Altis Parachute Regiment for Global Mobilization you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
This is not supposed to be ultra-realistic and honestly there could be some anachronisms, but it gives my vision of a fictional unit using available assets. It is limited by my skills and the time I can spend on it, so you could probably find higher quality mods or models - still, I don't think this is redundant with existing materials. I tried however to make as neat and smooth as possible, this is the least of courtesy to the potential users. If there are any bugs to report - please let me know, and I'll try to fix it (it will be an opportunity for me to learn something new).
- The code of the config could probably be optimized - I have not seen any bugs, missing relationship popping up on my system, but it is always, so please let me now
- No Groups yet - to come in subsequent update
- No plans for future assets, but that could come !
Credits & Thanks:
- BI Studio for the A2 source files
- GM team for the templates of their assets
- toadie2k for the FAL animation (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/163106-toadies-smallarms-and-animations-for-arma3/)
- Deltagamer for the Static line Parachute model and animation (see https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/181542-static-line-parachute-mod/)
- Killzonekid for his Paradrop functions (adapted from http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-epic-armour-drop/)
- CUP for allowing to unpack their PBOs, which allowed me to learn how to code (but I did use their assets)
- Drongo, for his config creator
- Skiddy, yevgeni89 from the BI forums for their suggestions
- The ARMA community for collecting and sharing the documentation on modding
License / Disclaimer:
- To be used at your own risks! I don' take responsibility in case of unexpected damage to your system
- I don't play MP, so if you encounter bug, please report and I'll try to fix it
- Compatibility with other mods (Alive, ACE): Not tested yet
- Compatibility with ZEUS: Normally yes, but not tested
- No other dependencies than Marksman and GM DLCs
Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)
Please consider extra requirements if you want to reuse the Static Line Parachute (see https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/181542-static-line-parachute-mod)
Hotfix (22/04/2020): Vehicles and SAS added to Zeus
- Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany
- Arma 3 Marksmen
- BI forums