Capture & Hold Mission Template
This package contains two versions of the template. One version is for missions on Sara and the other on Sara-Lite. Be sure to go through the readme file in the zip for assistance on setting up the mission the way you want.
It also includes a demo mission with 3 teams battling for control of Ortego. It contains an asymmetric design with each team having different advantages & disadvantages.
* Wave Based Respawn - When players die they will respawn to an isolated area outside of the AO where they must await the respawn wave countdown. At this time all dead players will be respawned. The advantage to this is that you respawn with your teammates and are able to leave based as a group and with proper teamwork will have a greater impact upon re-entering the objective areas.
* Selectable Number of Objectives - The number of objectives to be fought over is selectable by the server admin while at the lobby screen. This is helpful to make your mission scalable based on the number of players on the server. Only have a handful of guys? Select 1 Flag. If the server is full select 3 Flags.
* Persistent Presence Based Capture System - Unlike other C&H mission types in order to maintain control over an objective area you must have a majority control of the that objective area. If your team leaves the objective area you will lose control of that objective. This keeps down the "Whack-A-Mole" style of play you see in other C&H's where everyone assaults and no one defends and while you are taking the objective they just took they are taking the objective you last took. You end up with less fighting and more running around. Due to the lower number of objectives (Maximum of 3) and a severe incentive to defend an objective fire fights will be more common and of greater intensity.
* Forced Weapon Loadouts Based on Player Class - Tired of having every player choose any type of kit they wish with versatile load-outs to make them 1-Man armies? The template works best when no ammo crates are placed in the mission. Upon respawn a player will be given a custom weapon load-out selected by the mission creator based on the Type of slot they picked on the lobby screen. By default some slots are assistant based and will carry extra ammo for specialty slots like Anti-Armor soldiers and Machine-gunners.
* Custom Vehicle Respawn System - A new vehicle respawn system has been created from scratch to allow the mission maker to customize to a greater extent how they want the respawn behavior of vehicles to work. They control the ability to declare respawn length, maximum number of respawns allowed (with infinite as an option) and an Abandonment toggle to have certain vehicles respawn if they are abandon (off by default).
* Various realism based toggles - The template allows a variety of realism based features to be turned on or off by changing a single variable. Some of these features are allowing only Pilot slots to fly aircraft, turning off parachutes and forcing transport helicopters to land for disembarking troops, Allowing only pilot slots to move Repair/Fuel/Ammo trucks to keep less desirable players from using them as transportation into the AO and various other features.
* Support for 3 teams - The template is capable of handling BLUFOR, OPFOR and Independent in the same mission allowing for 3-way battles. If you design a mission with 3 teams it is still capable of being played with any two teams.
Extract to your ArmA\MPMissions folder.
Please report any bugs you find. I'll be sure to include a version number of the zip files to make it easy to distinguish which version you have.
- Organized C&H system scripts into a sub-folder to keep them separate from other mission scripts the user might use. Be sure to call the init file in the subfolder to start those scripts. I've created an init.sqf in the mission folder with just this call in it.
- Added default units for the resistance side to both templates to save time for mission creators.
- Set units to playable by default in the SaraLite template to save time for mission creators.
- Updated the Loadouts.sqf with more player classes to keep users from having to add them if they wish to use those classes.
- Updated Credits to include references for Tactician and Mandoble
Credits & Thanks:
* Thanks to Tactician for his creation of the WGL C&H Template where I learned the fundamentals of C&H scripting
* Thanks to Mandoble for his No-Radar script that is used as a feature in this template.
* Thanks to Joel for his technical assistance in troubleshooting.
For helping testing it:
Tags: No tags