Adaptive Music (Standalone Mod)
Welcome to an adaptive music mod for ARMA 3 that I have revived and can no longer find on ARMAHolic or BI Forums.
Some of you might of seen the Mood Jukebox mod that I have posted a while back. That mod might be getting another update if corrections can be made.
This mod is designed to be an adaptive experience giving the right music at the right time (as much as ARMA programming goes). You will be able to start out with some low key tracks and then some hyped-up songs when in combat and revert back. Maybe some spooky feelings when the fog sets in.
This mod has been originally created as a map script by Niklas Brettschneider and has been sitting on my hard drive for years. I have made this mod completely independent of any map scripting and will work on any singleplayer or multiplayer scenario.
This mod will give you the following moods:
- Day and night time playsets.
- Fog playset when player enters fog levels over 30%.
- Enter any vehicle and get a non-combat playset for driving.
- Combat playsets for on foot and in vehicles. (So get away songs are a thing if someone is firing at you :O)
To install Adaptive Music (Standalone Mod) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
This mod has the debug on and you will get the following error on mission load.
The only error is a no debug box error on mission start when the debug parameter is set on. There is still a debug box though which will tell you what mode and song is playing.
Possible upgrades I might do for this mod:
- Add a rain playset array.
- Add possible naval and flight music set array.
- Remove dependancy on CBA if I find a viable method.
- Possibly add a playset when you enter a town or an area with more than 4 buildings.
For the version with no hud: Adaptive Music No Hud (Standalone Mod)
License / Disclaimer:
You can tear apart this mod and create custom music packs. If you want a blank slate, here is a copy that you can download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hF0zTBZg-XsZ3k5UJJm2O0pkqxaYgK0k/view?usp=sharing
Please keep in mind, if you do repost this. Make sure you follow Workshop guidlines and credit my workshop page and orignial creator of the script.
The current music in the mod is the OST tracks from Modern Combat 3 a mobile game developed by GameLoft back in the day. The music has not been picked up on youtube as copyrighted material and is clean to use.
- Individual vehicle playsets based on vehicle class.
- Added Rain playset for on foot.
- Reorganized playset and category in MusicPlayer.sqf.
- Fixed ctr Track path to get rid of an oddly silent error.
- Added some more music from Modern Combat 4 and 5.
- Added new playset for skydiving (falling from above 100 meters over any surface outside of a vehicle).
- Change some song playsets to make more sense of mood.
Fixed the immediate change to the correct track when exiting vehicle.
Happy Birthday, the mod has been born to the workshop.
- First upload.