Real Engine (RE) - includes systematic enhancements improving the perception, interactivity and pace of Arma 3. This mod is developed pursuing simplicity, compatibility and modularity. It works great with the Vanilla game and should be compatible with all kinds of other Mechanics and AI mods such as ACE, ASR AI etc.
1. Camouflage system
Now your cloths make difference for the enemy spotting you, making AI spotting in Arma 3 very human-eye-like. So that you can sneak buy in the full ghillie but not even close in a white tee. Script continuously maintains the dynamic camouflage value for ALL units cross-checking the current cloths vs. surface unit stands on. It works for all Vanilla and RHS Escalation cloths vs. all Vanilla and CUP Terrains. If else - it just keeps the default values (as if the mod was not applied).
2. Smoother Unit Animations
- Animations interpolation (so the character responds to your WSAD commands faster)
- Smoother transition animations (especially crunching feels much better)
- Tweaked timing for animations (to make it even smoother not making it faster)
3. Special Effects (SFX)
- Adds sparks as a particle effect for metal (now you can see when the vehicle gets fire and enjoy an extra juice hitting the enemy units)
- Blast wave refract for explosions (performance-friendly SFX that empowers your high-caliber shots)
- Screams for the hit units (now you won't miss that your teammate is wounded)
- Body fall sound for the units being killed that depends on the surface unit falls at (e.g. dry grass, sand, etc. on Vanilla and CUP)
4. UI Fixes
- Modern 3rd person view for units (from back right that gives a good view at the character's gear and weapon)
- Removes action menu text duplication at the middle of the screen (only icons are now shown)
- Icons for actions "Heal Yourself" and "Reload" now does not block your view when you are hit or run out of bullets
- Separate icons for "Open backpack", "Heal teammate", "Take weapon", "Take UAV Turret Control" and "Release UAV Control" (to make it more interactive and avoid occasional hits)
- Bigger compass to follow the bearings easily
- Faded map textures to see the topographic symbols easily
- Inventory open/close sound
5. Other Fixes
- Vanilla medium-range scopes now have a "scope view" as a default instead of collimator
- Vanilla flashlight now has a direct beam that works for 100-150m (like the best modern flashlights)
- Increases grass surface value for Mediterranean grass making it little bit easier to hide from AI at Altis, Stratis and Malden.
- Adds vehicles for NATO (Woodland) and adds missed groups for NATO (Woodland) and FIA OPFOR/INDEP. (so now they are full-blown factions)
To install Real Engine you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Credits & Thanks:
Credits for the inspiration, ideas and more:
- Increased the sleep time in Camosystem script .5 -> .7 seconds to improve performance
- Commented (suspended) unused reserve variables in Camosystem to improve performance
- Removed 3rd person view fix. Please subscribe to it separately at: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2193899168
- Applied clutter coloration interpolation for all the Vanilla terrains. The most quality gain is for Livonia where it is now MUCH closer match between the satellite image and clutter
- Added an "optic_Hamr_F" class that somewhere mistakenly mentioned in the (possibly original) Arma 3 code causing an error message (with this tweak it does not)
- Hotfixing Slots-to-Rails (taking down bugs with LIM-85, GM6 and M320)
- Added: now all vanilla grenade launchers initial zeroing is 100m.
- Fixed a bug with the missing FIA groups names
- Added Slots-to-Rails module (see the updated description)
- Fixed a bug with 7.62 muzzle that did not work for AK-12 and several other 7.62 rifles. This bug might also cause other errors with weapons config, so big deal - thanks, LuizBarros99 for finding it!
- Camosystem got CUP uniforms support out-of-the-box - thanks for KW Driver for help
- Camosystem got classification for winter terrains/uniforms (so now it is efficient to wear a snow camo in Chernarus Winter)
- Minor performance improvement for Camosystem script as in some cases it run every 0.2 seconds instead of the intended
- Inventory Sounds volume was slightly decreased
- Cosmetic code clean-up
- Added a tweak to muzzle flash lifetime (decreasing it)
- Tweaked a blood mist color to match vanilla color
- Deleted hit screams as they sounded odd
- Changed PBO names to even more self-descriptive
- Cleaned up the code here and there
Added: Missiles and rockets fly by whistle sound that applies to all vanilla and mod weapons;
Added: Reconfigured blood mist that matches the other vanilla blood effects;
Fixed: Animations timing now does not affect running/jogging speed (set to vanilla);
Fixed: Sparks effect on metal was decreased to closer match the reality in terms of particles size, amount and light emission (see the updated screenshot);
Fixed: Now using vanilla icons for turret/disconnect UAV actions;
Fixed: Put scopes view fix into a separate pbo.
- Deleted all side animations content to improve compatibility with other mods
- Put 3rd person view addon in a separate pbo
- Arma 3 Apex
- Arma 3 Malden
- Arma 3 Marksmen