This is the 2020 update for the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. Originally developed by Saul and John_Spartan, it has been enhanced further by Leshrack, RiverX, Yax, and lately Acolyte, and others.
This version has re-worked textures and interactive cockpit features over the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet release, bringing the planes to a new standard.
We decided to push the 2020 version out as a snapshot of the beta. Primarily to give players a stable platform to enjoy, e.g. no bi-weekly or more frequent updates. On the other hand we want to preserve the 'original' F/A-18E/F as upgraded by Yax and RiverX. Updating the base mod would result in conflicts due to changed textures in probably all customized missions.
This release is fixed feature wise and may only see bug fixes, if at all.
To install F/A-18E/F Super Hornet 2020 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
(06-01-2021 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every month)
This is a major update for the F/A-18E/F 2020 version. It contains updates that were tested in the beta in the past 6 months.
A detailed changelog since 2020-06-15, when the 2020 version was released, can be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1552807725/
, the changelog for the F/A-18E/F beta.
In broad terms the following changes happened:
- Updated to F/A-18E/F beta from 2020-01-06
- Air-to-air combats modes. BVR, ACM radar modes, etc.
- ITC Air removed. It support generics missile (except FIR AWS). Most of the bugs are gone. It support ACE Mavericks, RHS Mavericks, etc.
- Build in navigation system. Pre-planed list of waypoints, dynamic adding, removing and changing waypoints. Works with an ACE microDagr.
- Good compatibility with the ACRE and almost excellent with the TFAR. You can select radio on the UFC and change frequency of the channel.
- HOTAS integration. A lot of useful keybinds.
- A lot of minor changes. Bug fixes, reworked MFD page, optimization.
This update was brought to you by the ingenious Acolyte, tested by Benchmark and 48wings, textures updated by Jaentzen and bits and pieces assembled by TeTeT.
- BI forums