This is a faction mod, inspired mainly by the cuban revolution and other movements between the late 50's and the early 70's. Of course, this factions are fictional and does not depict accurately any historical army specifically.
The aim is to expand factions of these years of the Cold War, while using the minimal amount of mods possible. This is the main reason why the only requirements are the Unsung mod and DHI Uniforms and Equipment.
-Tropical Government Army: The pre-revolutionary armed forces, supported by the western powers. Their equipment is composed mostly by WWII USA weapons. Due to the lack of budget, their airforce is non existent. The army is trained by USA advisors, but lack motivation and morale.
-Tropical Revolutionary Guerrilla: These guerrillas were initally privately funded outside of the country, where they did stock up on light weapons and provisions. Despite of the difficulties, the life in the jungle, sickness, and an initially failed coup; their spirits are high and their numbers increasing through population recruitment. Most of their weapons are stolen and bought in the western black market. They lack of vehicles, so they rely on suprise attacks and local support.
-Tropical Revolutionary Army: After the war, the revolutionary militia became somewhat aligned with the eastern block, from where they get military advisors and equipment. Many of their officers and subofficers were once battle-hardened guerrillas, with vast knowledge of the country. This compensates for their limited manpower, armor and airforce. They operate now as a conventional army, maintaining their revolutionary spirit.
To install Tropical Revolution Factions you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- Add helicopters to Tropical Revolutionary army (NVA helicopters)
- Spec Ops for both Government and Revolutionary armies
- Some leaflets, flags and other goodies.
- Added air forces to Tropical Revolutionary Army
- Changed Helicopter Pilot uniform and gear. Added a plane pilot variant.
- Added alternative OD green version to Tropical Loyalist Company
Just in case you prefer it over tigerstripe... now you've got both!
Still trying to come up with a custom flag for pre and post-revolution!
- Fixed modern glasses on some Loyalist Faction Company units.
- Changed names with non recognizable spanish and portuguese characters.
- And since I'm there messing around with names, I've added some more.
- Added new Blufor faction: Tropical Loyalist Company (More in the description)
- Added green beret.
- Added Special Forces sub category for Tropical Government Army.
- Added Special Forces groups.
-Tweaked revolutionary beret a bit.
-Just some signatures... more interesting stuff coming in about a day or two.
- Added spanish and portuguese names to all factions.
- Added red beret (revolutionary beret) to Revolutionary Government Army.
- Added "Movimiento Popular Solidario" patch (needs alpha channel tweak from afar).
- Changed Revolutionary Movement Guerrilla patch to the one above.
- Changed language from farsi to altian english.
- Removed Enhanced Movement required addon error. Oooops!
- DHI Uniforms and Equipment
- The Unsung Vietnam War Mod