Date: 2020-08-20 08:08
After a few years out of the modding scene I am proud to present a pack of assault rifles that I have had in the works for what feels like decades. In reality its more like about 9 years, so its close enough.
The pack contains 25 variants of 10 famous rifles with more planned to be added in the future. A full list of the pack's contents can be found below:
- C7A2 (Canadian version of the M16A2 with OD furniture and TRI-AD I rail adaptor)
- C8A3 (Canadian version and upgrade of the M4A1 with similar additions as the C7A2)
- HK416 (10" and 14.5" variants)
- HK417 (16" and 20" DMR variants*)
- L119A1 (In CQB and SFW variants with various furniture - 6 versions and 2 with UGL - 8 total)
- L119A2 (Only one CQB model so far, more versions with various barrel lengths are planned as well as various furniture)
- M4A1 (3 versions with diffrent furniture and one with a grip-pod foregrip)
- M16A2 (An old classic with an M203 version)
- M16A4 (A more modernised M16A2 with RIS foregrip and an M203 version).
* I realise a DMR isn't technically an assault rifle, but I already had the model done as part of a weapon pack I helped develop for my old squad so I decided to include it.
To install SJB AssaultRifles you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Arma3 with the latest update
This addon makes use of CBA's ASDG-JR (Joint Rails) and as a result requires Community Base addons A3 to function properly (read: at all as its listed as a required addon in the config).
This addon also requires 'SJB WeaponsCore' which contains all of the ammunition, magazine defines and magazine proxies for use across all of my planned weapon packs.
I do plan to include other rifles in future versions, as well as more variants of currently included rifles - most are in the "one day, when I have the time!" stage.
Throughout development I have been in two-minds as to whether or not to use custom sound files for the weapons firing sounds. I already use a few custom sounds for the bolt opening/closing and selector switches being used when switching firing modes. However, inheriting default weapon sounds from the base game's weapons allows users to use their own preferred sound mod and have this pack integrate seemlessly with other addons that do the same. If demand is high enough I may well implement custom sounds, or perhaps an alternate config to allow for choice but as of right now the weapons use sounds from the base-game's weapons.
- What does this mod require?
Please see the "'REQUIRMENTS' section above
- Do you plan to add <insert weapon name here>?
Maybe, but don't ask/demand/request/pleased/offer bribes for......infact bribes might work...
- When will the next update/addition be released?
When its ready...
- Can I make a mission/campaign/showcase for your addon?
Go for it. Being used in missions is why I released the addon in the first place.
Credits & Thanks:
Without the help, advice and permissions of the people listed below this pack would not have been possible, so a huge thank you needs to be extended to the following people:
- Twinke Masta (Johan Santana) - (M4A1 base model/textures)
- Krycek - (M16A2 model pieces)
- Da12thMonkey/UKF - (FA556-212 Suppressor base-model/textures)
- Frimenitnet - (AKM base model)
- Stefan Engdahl - (M203 textures and base-model)
- PuFu - (PuFu's sarcasm rivals my own and the forum post made by PuFu often kept me amused and motivated)
- Eddie Price - (Massive amount of work on the textures of most rifles and attachments and a lot of suggestions for model tweaks)
- This release
- SJB WeaponsCore
- Community Base addons A3
- Arma 3 Apex
- Arma 3 Marksmen
- BI forums