Date: 2021-02-28 12:47
Adds an EMP grenade to the Arsenal.
Impact detonated. Disables night vision, thermal vision, engines and turret movement on vehicles / drones.
Removes NVG, GPS, radio, laser designator, rangefinder, and IR laser weapon attachments from infantry. (Vanilla gear only for now, will add RHS, cTab and ACE compat later).
To install Wenzas EMP Systems you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
Huge amount of credit to ALIAScartoons for the initial effects script :
Go check out his workshop here :
and dreadedentity + others on the BI forums : https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/173599-emp-grenade/
Changelog: (16-02-2021 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every month)
Bugfixed an oversight made while rearranging script, should now affect infantry as intended - now removes IR weapon attachments again
Added compat with ACE vehicle laser designator codes, and ballistic info for 12.7mm rounds.
Damage model tweaks.
HARM missiles have a decent explosive damage radius now alongside the EMP effect, designed as an area of effect weapon. 12.7mm EMP Sniper rounds have increased penetration and are designed as an anti-vehicle weapon, the rounds may penetrate right through infantry in some cases.
+ CUP integration (finally) - NVGs, NV/TI Optics, IR Weapon attachments all added to arrays of affected gear
* Some more script tidy up
* FX Update / performance update / audio enhancement - Added some ppfx and an echo to larger weapons
* General FX update, tweaks and scripting fixes
* 12.7mm Mags reduced to 3 Rounds
* Added a "whistle" effect to munitions as they fly
* Explosion sounds should be a bit more "punchy" and "electric"
* Small static / spark FX on vehicles when initially affected by EMP
* Other stuff I forget
+ Signed for MP, hope it was done right
+ Effects cleanup
+ RHS, RH accessories and SMA compatibility (no dependencies) - CUP coming in a future update
+ Added EMP-HARM
* Small fix to 12.7x99mm visual effects
* Added the ammo to M107 Magazinewells. M107 variant rifles from RHS etc should now be compatible.
* Hopefully fixed the problem with removing primary weapons, please let me know if the bug still persists
* Fixed a script error with the 12.7x99mm round effects
+ Added 12.7x99mm EMP Rounds for the GM6 Lynx Anti-Materiel Rifle, 5 Round Magazines
+ Added EMP-AGM81. Air- to ground missiles with 25m radius effect. 1x missile and 3x missile pylon racks.
* Bombs reduced to 50m radius.
* A few more little FX tweaks
* Zeus Module - updated visual fx, to match with physical effect radius (500m - this makes a circle 1km across)
+ Various small tweaks to weight, handling, visual effects. Added a light strobe/flicker on detonation for a more "sparky" feel.
+ Added Single and Double EMP-GBU12 bomb racks
+ Added 500kg EMP-GBU12
+ Added EMP Burst Zeus module
+ Renamed mod to "Wenzas EMP Systems" as more weapons other than grenades are WIP and coming soon
+ Added CBA magazinewells compat - should now be compatible with most weapons, 3GLs now only available for 3GL designated weapons.
* Requires CBA
+ Added GL and 3GL variants
* Improved visual and audio fx
* Balanced mass/weight values, EMP ammo is a little bit heavier than standard grenade types now (batteries / capacitors etc are heavy)
- Removed tinnitus audio effect for infantry, as it was bugging out and getting stuck on an infinite repeating loop
GL demo vid coming soon
+ Added visual EMP effects, tidied up scripts