"TAF 2035: Vests and Uniforms" is an early public release of the WIP project "Turkish Armed Forces 2035 - a unofficial AEW expansion", aiming to bring Turkey to the 2035 armaverse as a CSAT member, complete with a unique faction featuring vehicles, units, groups, etc. This release features uniforms and tactical vests in custom made, fictional, Turkish Hex Universal and Arid patterns, and a custom insignia; all acessible through the virtual arsenal (other custom assets seen in screenshots such as helmets are from Aegis/Atlas which will be a dependency for the complete mod, and are used here for ilustrative purposes).
The mod is being released in this early state for use in an upcoming community OP for the AEW mod discord, and serves as a "teaser" of sorts for the full mod still being developed. This mod will probably not be updated with new content, it will however receive a few planned, and unplanned fixes - as needed. This mod will also stay up even after release of the completed "Turkish Armed Forces 2035" mod, as a legacy/lite build - which means if you use these uniforms on your missions, they won't break, ever (hopefully).
All of the following are acessible via the Virtual Arsenal; they will become placeable through 3den in a future update:
- Light Fatigues in Turkish Hex and Turkish Hex Arid camo;
- Granit Suit in Turkish Hex and Turkish Hex Arid camo;
- CBRN Suit in Turkish Hex camo;
- Tactival Vest in Turkish Hex (dark green and light green straps variants) and Turkish Hex Arid camo;
- "Turkey" Unit Insignia.
"The characteristic Turkish Hex pattern was developed by Turkey in conjuction with CSAT member states during CSAT development of the Hex pattern - of which Turkey was a partner of, even before joining the China-Iran backed alliance. The Turkish Armed Forces kept on using this pattern in multiple color pallet variants even after joining the eastern alliance, giving them a distinct look from other CSAT armies."
To install Turkish Armed Forces 2035 - Lite you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
This addon will be developed alongside the main "Turkish Armed Forces 2035" mod and will eventually feature units, a playable faction and even vehicles and new gear - all representing the "Caracal" Battalion specifically.
- Nerf accuracy of MPT and KAAN rifles;
- Add playable units (it's still just gear) and "CSAT (Turkey)" with groups, using some Iranian CSAT vehicles;
- Add appropriate gear and eventually vehicles as they're developed for the main mod;
- Rebrand to "Turkish Armed Forces 2035: Caracal Battalion" to be used as an expansion to the main mod after its release.
- You may follow progress on the mod on my Twitter
- If you wish to join our party over at the AEW discord, click here
Credits & Thanks:
- Bohemia Interactive (obviously) for all the models, original textures and the entirity of the game.
- The Arma community (especially the A3 HUB discord folks) for all the help.
- AugCph, my co-conspirator, I mean, author for: testing, support, feedback, ideas, screenshots, the half-moon and star hexagon icon and the Caracal insignia.
- Ianassa, the creator of AEW, for texture templates and assistance.
- AveryTheKitty, for the tactical vest template, and assistance also (and the Aegis/Atlas mod, which will be a dependency for the full mod, and is used in some of the screenshots above).
- IndeedPete of the BIS forums, for his texture templates pack.
- Pheasant-One for the screenshots that started this whole thing, and the screenshot with the CBRN suits above.
- Other people I may have forgotten about...? Sorry...?
License / Disclaimer:
**YOU MAY NOT** - repackage this mod, or modify its contents in any way, for public release. If you'd like a "custom" uniform, per say, you're free to request it (no promisses tho).
(04-11-2020 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every month)