Date: 2021-01-10 00:58
ZluskeN Clientside Scriptsby
This is a collection of little client-side tweaks and stuff I made for myself. Now the world can have them too!
- The player will start with his primary weapon unloaded. I've found it is a useful (and realistic!) way to avoid ND's in spawn areas (Can be turned off in settings)
- The player now automatically switches to his handgun when he runs out of ammo and there are enemies nearby (Can be turned off in settings)
- If Laxemann's awesome Immersive maps mod is loaded squad members will spawn without maps. Squad leaders will have them and be able to put them on the ground to show them to his soldiers. (Can be turned off in settings)
- If the Global Mobilization DLC is loaded their machinegun animation is unlocked and automatically applied to all weapons with an inertia value above 0.8 (configurable in settings)
- You can now squat like a true slav. There is a configurable keybind for it
- You can now drop you weapon on the ground with a simple keypress
- Two little "Cheat" functions I made for fun:
1. The player can give himself a random weapon from the pool of configured weapons in the game. This is different from the Random function in virtual arsenal in that the weapon actually has attachments that make sense.
(There is a keybind for it, and you can enable it in settings)
2. The player can create a virtual arsenal on an object of his choice. This arsenal is restricted to the weapons of his current faction. If Ace is loaded, the Ace Arsenal is used instead. (There is a keybind for it, and you can enable it in settings)
To install ZluskeN Clientside Scripts you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Changelog: (10-01-2021 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every two months)
- Added function to add entrenching tools if GRAD Trenches mod is used
- Added in the "put away handgun in safe/careless mode" function from my surrender mod
- Tweaked addarsenal function to now work even if you are not pointing at an abject
- Removed automated MG Stance for players, keybind used instead
Added DZN Tripod functions
Added AI Combat mode setting
Improved MP Compatibility
- Added spectator function that kicks in when players have been unconscious for some time (Configurable in settings)
- Added Disable Thermals option, which disables thermal optics on all vehicles in mission (Configurable in settings)
- Fixed scripts to work better on dedicated servers
- Fixed remove maps script to actually remove maps unstead of unassigning
- Added in AI Tweaks from Hors de Combat mod (Setunitposweak "UP" and combat mode "White")
- Added spectating timeout function to ace unconscious players (configurable in settings)
The mod should now work in MP