Date: 2020-11-09 09:42
Ambient Enemy Spawner
What is this module?
This is a module that will slowly spawn in enemy units to patrol random areas around each player to add a more random and dynamic element to your mission.
On top of enemy groups being spawned, vehicles and even tanks have a chance to be created too. Also If you want a challenge there is a option to enable rare hunter groups that will actively hunt you and your squad down.
This module is run server side.
A more detailed look into what this module does can be found in the discussions.
To install A.E.S (Ambient Enemy Spawner) you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
How do you use this module?
All you need to do is place the module anywhere into your mission and edit the attributes as desired.
You will find the module under the "Misc" category in the eden editor.
There is also the ability to sync a trigger to the module which will then be used to define a "safe area" where no units will be spawned in. The trigger's size is the only part that needs to be modified.
If too many or not enough triggers are detected there will be no defined "safe area".
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
What is coming in the future?
Ability to disable tank spawning.
Ability to input CfgGroups config path so any faction/unit mod can be used.
Other placeable modules for the different sides (BLUFOR, INDEP).
This is my first attempt at making a module, please be kind.
Changelog: (30-10-2020 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every month)
- Performance increases.
- Added new faster and more efficient method for finding unit spawn position.
- Added check for if a single trigger synced to multiple modules and defaults safe area, not base zone.
- Fixed issue where vehicles could still spawn inside the safe trigger area.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed error caused when less or more than 3 modules used.
- Added new tick box in module menu for spawning smaller groups.
- Removed trouble shooting messages in code.
- Added option to disable notifications that appear when units enter the synced trigger (changes base zone into a no spawn zone).
- Added multiple modules for different Sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, INDEP).
- Added enemy proximity checks for spawning units so they dont spawn too close together.
- Added new groups for the hunter teams depending on the current running module.
- Added marker around synced trigger to push unit spawning away to prevent instant messages from synced base triggers.
- Modified chance options in module menu so options will need to be re-selected.
- Modified unit patrol radius to patrol larger routes.
- Modified messages from module which are displayed on mission start to include which module is throwing the messages.
- Modified vehicle spawning so transport vehicles now have a fill up chance to partially or fully fill up passenger seats.
- Fixed issue where when units entered the base trigger messages and sounds were only seen and heard by host in MP.
- Fixed issue where units spawned too close to the trigger border causing instant detection messages.
- Fixed issue where if no trigger is synced errors occur and units won't spawn.
- Modified vehicle logic script so now vehicles have larger patrol routes.
- Modified hunter team spawn chances. (Options will have to be re selected in module menu!)
- Added a short pause after module init messages are displayed on mission start.
- Performance improvements for singleplayer and multiplayer
- Fixed hunter logic for single player so hunter teams will now hunt the player.
- Fixed hunter team spawn chance so they can be disabled and made less likely to spawn
- Fixed issue with hunter team logic where move waypoint wouldn't update if player leaves
- Added CSAT pacific to faction drop down list
- Added ability to input CfgGroups config for infantry groups
- Added checks to make sure inputted config path is correct
- Added option to disable tank spawning
- Removed the hunter team tick box and added the option to disable in drop down menu
- Added vehicle search scripts based on inputted CfgGroups config path to find matching vehicles to spawn
- Fixed getting spawn position so now properly includes non building positions
- Added random chance for spawn pos to not be in building so massive groups of units aren't focused around towns
- Fixed hunter team logic so now if hunted player disconnects a new player is selected
- Changed default value of max enemy units to 30
- Modified method for getting vehicles for factions selected in the drop down menu
- Changed chance values in drop down menu (your selected options in the module menu may need to be selected again)
- Added a safe zone around base trigger to prevent units spawning on border of the trigger
- Added ability to input own max radius, safe zone radius and max enemies values.
- Added checks for inputted values to make sure they are compatible with the module.
- Added singleplayer compatibility
- Added attributes in module menu to select vehicle, tank and hunter group spawn chance
- Added attribute in module menu to type in delay between groups are spawned
- Slight increase to vehicles and hunter sections being spawned
- Added CSAT units to the faction select
- Added check incase an RHS faction is selected but mod isn't loaded
- Updated system and side chat messages that are displayed when mission is started
- Added BISIGN and bikey