A3E: Fulton Surface to Air Recovery System
This mod adds a functional (this is still in beta so...) Fulton Recovery System to Arma. This mod allows you to deploy a Fulton harness and retrieve a player or other unit from a flying aircraft. The harness can be added to your vest or backpack from the arsenal under the MISC section. For a reference here are a few links that explain and demonstrate the real Fulton system:
- Fulton Harness for surface to air recovery of players and other infantry units
To install A3E: Fulton Surface to Air Recovery System: Beta you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
- To use this mod open the arsenal and add select your backpack or vest
- Under misc items find Fulton Harness and add one to your inventory
- Once it is in your inventory close the arsenal and open your inventory
- To deploy the system double click on the item in your inventory and hit deploy
⠀⠀⠀- To deploy it for another player get within 5 meters of them, look at them, then deploy
⠀⠀⠀- To deploy for yourself don't look at any players when you deploy
Once it is deployed just fly through the balloon with any aircraft with multiple seats to activate the recovery. YOU MUST BE FLYING AT OR BELOW 175 KM/h
- The system will then reel you into the aircraft
To cancel the recovery use the scroll menu
(A video is coming soon if you have questions feel free to ask in the comments!)
A3E Discord: https://discord.gg/UvfdCzy85U
- This mod is still in development and any feedback or bug reports would be greatly appreciated!
- Ace Compatability is planned!
- Leave any questions, feedback, ideas, or bugs in the comments or discord and I will get to them as soon as I can!
License / Disclaimer:
(07-04-2021 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every month)
- I smoothed out the Harness attachment a bit however it is still something I need to work on.
- Switched from parachute to actual balloon.
Panning on adding:
- Ace Compatibility
Addresses 2 Errors spootted by BleachHead! Thanks for the help!
Mod in Beta
- Community Base addons A3