Editor for ArmA's action menu. With a simple graphic user interface (GUI) it should appeal especially to those with lesser technical skills.
The editor allows you to select which of the most common actions (those with a hotkey assignment possibility) will appear in the menu and which will not.
- Simple GUI
- Integrated basic help
- Restore system for the config file
- Simple error reporting system
1. Unpack contents of the RAR archive with WinRAR or similar program (you might leave out the directory keys - this is for servers only).
2. Create a new shortcut to arma.exe.
3. Open the shortcut's properties and:
* If this is your first mod
o Add -mod=@amEditor behind Path:
Example: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@amEditor
* If you have multiple mods
o Add ;@amEditor at the end of the mods you already have defined:
Example: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@mod1;@mod2;@amEditor
4. Click OK to confirm the changes to the shortcut.
1. Go to ArmA's directory (Example: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA).
2. Go to directory called @amEditor.
3. Start application called actionMenuEditor.exe (the .exe extension will not be displayed if you have Hide known file extensions enabled).
4. Choose settings to your liking.
5. Click Save!.
6. Close the application.
7. Start/restart ArmA from the shortcut created before (the game must be restarted for the changes to take effect).
8. Enjoy :)
I had limited testing possibilities (XP 64, XP 32, Win7 64 beta build 7000) so there might be compatibility issues with other OS.
The addon itself was only tested on ArmA versions 1.14 and 1.15 beta, however it is very likely it works on older versions too. Given the fact I could not test it myself I set the minimal requirements to the 1.14 though.
I'd appreciate your input regarding incompatibility, bugs or requests, over at the Bohemia Interactive forums, in this thread
Credits and Thanks:
* I'd like to thank to:
o Q from PROPER - he's the man responsible for the whole ArmA config work. Thanks again for allowing me to work on top of it!
o Keepout - the poor guy I was annoying every time something didn't work. And that happened a lot with the WinAPI part :D
- BIS Forums
Tags: No tags