Requirements: Project '85 Config
Date: 2009-04-30 14:58
Project'85 is a mod, which developement begun in second half of 2007, and after many internal changes took it's current form. It concetrates on a fictional conflict, which could occur in the 80s in Central Europe. The mod puts heavy emphasis on realism
The mod features following sides:
- USSR: Many units from the 80s,
- Germany – both DDR (GDR) and BRD (FRD),
- Americans – main NATO force, expeditional Marine units are also included,
- British paratroopers – deployed in Central Europe in case of a military conflict,
- Guerillas – armed with wide range of weaponry, from those captured from military warehouses, to weapons aquired from western supply drops
- Bonus units, which are exceeding the mods theme, and presenting guns from weapon addon ie Russian army from year 2000.
Mod offers huge ammount of weapons, not only from the 80s, but also modern ones, which allows many addons to work with the mod.
Info for players:
Infantry weapons in Project'85, in order to decrease irrealistic AI skills and ensure better entertainment in single player, has worse accuracy than default BIS values. This solutions makes players life longer, and more frequent AI shooting, to level too big AI orientation. Ranges were set according to info from many sources. It was also taken into account, that games islands are rather small.
As we always recommend use mod folders to keep your mods organized and to prevent errors in the future.
Check our FAQ for a clear explanation.
Information for users of Vilas' addons:
In order to avoid file conflicts, and overwriting of weapons characteristics, please delete previous weapons files in seperate addons. P'85 uses the same weaponclasses and has all weapons, which were previously included. All addons which were using them, should function without any problems. Files of previous addons of weapons are: vilas_wpn, vilas_awp, vilas_gwp, vilas_mod, vilas_pwp.
Included .pbo files:
These addons are signed with „Vilas” BISign (in order to allow proper multiplayer usage) for mp servers hosts.
You can download the vilas.bikey from here.
You can find an online readme here.
- Weapon classes with info can be obtained from: http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/klasy_w.txt
- Vehicles classes with info can be obtained from: http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/klasy_v.txt
- Units classes with info can be obtained from: http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/klasy_u.txt
-all bugs will be fixed,
-add more stuff, which was included in previous, inner release of P'85 and were currently deleted due to copyright issues,
-many new MP and SP missions will be released,
-addons will be converted to use in ArmA 2 as soon as it will be possible,
-civilian vehicle models will be replaced with higher quality models and more guerillas models.
Placing units armed with P'85 weapons against units using BIS weapons may cause P'85 group to get killed.
Credits & thanks:
Who made the contents of these files:
- Vilas: models, textures, configs, normalmaps, materials, wounds and destruction system, most weapons, units and vehicles;
-RHS studio: eastern vehicles, optics for vehicle crosshairs, RPG-22, and especialy Kenji and ShadowNX: soviet units textures, and vehicle normalmaps, also many other things;
-Yaciek: models, textures, normalmaps, units wounds and weapons system, OFP textures merging, getting permision form LWP Mod to use their work from OFP.
-Maæko – UI and missions
-Ejay and Crazy Husars team – missionmaking, help with configs, lots of help and M1 Abrams textures;
-Col. Faulkner – optics and much advice. British soldiers equipment.
-Rygugu – M60A3 and T-55, together with textures and materials;
-Modul – animations;
- OVG, ZGuba
- TPM91 - sounds,
- community - 2S1 optics, help, consultations
former mods members:
-Thunderbird84 – changing config files, language help;
-NSX – language help and searching info about equipment;
-Godhammer – air weapons; and other members as Topas, St.Ace, A.Lazarus and other people (sory if not mentioned), as mod had big number of members and cooperators which changed troughout of time
BW MOD, CSLA MOD, FFAA MOD, RHS MOD, RACS MOD,IDF MOD - and many other mods, which we have forgotten to add to our thanks list, for which we are truly sorry. :-)
http://www.predathor.pl/ - special thanx for consulting and help, also in OFP-addonmaking era, helped a lot
- Armaholic forums
Project '85 Config
Tags: No tags