Date: 2009-06-11 22:03
The SJB SAS Pack v1.1 contains Special Air Service operators in both Patrol Kit and Assault Kit with the requisite camouflages for use in both temperate woodland and arid region environments. These units are high fidelity representations of modern SAS operators circa 2006-present, using equipment sourced from photographs and information proprietary to the SJB mod team. Currently the units are equipped with BIS weaponry. Later versions of the pack will make use of the upcoming SJB Weapons Packs which will include weapons such as the L119A1 (Diemaco SFW) intended for use with the SJB SAS Pack. Also included are "ACE Compatible" Units, which have had their backpacks removed using hiddenselections to allow them to utilise ACE's Backpacks system without too much clipping occurring as a result of wearing "two" backpacks.
However, please note:
Those units do not require ACE at all, there are no ACE defines included.
As we always recommend use mod folders to keep your mods organized and to prevent errors in the future.
Check our FAQ for a clear explanation.
This is a newer version of the key to that packaged with the SJB Sub-Machinegun Pack, as I've since upgraded to Vista and unfortunately lost the old signature files. As such, this new Key probably (read: definately) wont work with the SMG Pack. If you currently use the SMG Pack on your server, and also wish to use the SAS Pack, I'd suggest sacrificing the SMG pack, as they will (at some point) be updated using the new key, and hopefully fixing bugs etc. I offer no guarantees as to when this update to the SMG Pack will take place, only so far as to say it will happen eventually.
Jackal326: Model editing and new normal-maps.
SafetyCatch: Mega work on the textures.
Johnny: Original models and textures.
Jennifer/Neph/Retro (Same person, different nicknames): Original night-vision and headmount models and textures.
RCIR Squad: BETA Testing.
- Completely overhauled textures using overlays and other Photoshop trickery I don't understand - Thanks SafetyCatch.
* Re-did all shirt/trouser textures.
* Revised Vest texture, improving overall look and changing drag-strap etc.
* Re-made the majority of the normal maps reflecting the changes made to layout of the textures.
- Implemented XML Arm-Patches onto the right sleeve of all units.
- Finalised textures and packaged for release.
v1.4 beta (UNRELEASED INTERNAL BETA):
- Fixed texture-layering issue with gloves slightly over-lapping radio texture on desert units.
- Made Desert Patrol Medic's backpack OD instead of black.
v1.3 beta (24/4/09):
- Fixed a few mapping issues with the ACU shirts around the neck (correct the scaling of the ACU pattern.
- Added "ACE Compatible units" in their own grouping - only difference is the backpacks and a few pouches have been removed, to allow the use of the ACE Backpack system.
- Tweaked desert DPM slightly, more tan, less white.
v1.2 beta (16/4/09):
- Added Desert Units.
- Added Sig Sauer P226 proxy to all holsters, replacing the default M9. Looks awesome,
- Fixed the numerous ST Errors caused by the P226s in the arma.RPT file (hopefully).
- Fixed yet more shadow bugs (hopefully the last of them now).
- A few model tweaks * Grenadier's SORDIN headset moved away from his neck to lessen the clipping issues.
* Pouch position and rotation on various units.
- Fixed the lack of MP5 magazines in the ammo stash.
- Other crap I can't remember.
v1.1 beta (20/3/09):
- Added Woodland Assault Units and Backpack Stash (Ammo and Weapon 'crate').
- Fixed various erroneous selections that were a hang-over from Johnny's original SF Models (distorted pouches and lower LOD issues).
- Added DPM Backpacks and tweaked other backpack textures to be less sh*t.
- Tweaked unit-specific textures (added OD windbreaker to OP, varying DPM generations for variety).
- Fixed a few texture issues (DPM Backpacks, Operator trousers).
- Fixed a few shadow bugs.
v1.0 beta (5/2/09) Initial Release:
- Pack consisted of just the Woodland Patrol units.
- BI Forums
Tags: No tags