Taskmaster is an attempt to have a more flexible way to create and update tasks in your mission.
- The script is server driven; all task additions and updates are called on server side. All changes are broadcasted to players in one array variable. This enables more work to be done only on server, since most of AI-related things happen there anyway. This way the number of triggers placed goes down, as they are unnecessary for clients (players). Number of publicvariabled variables goes down also.
- Only one eventhandler is created instead of one per task.
- As tasks are kept in an array, no global variable is created for each task.
- No "call compile format" type of coding.
- Variables used to check for task states and statuses are replaced with functions, cutting down number of global variables.
- Usage simplified; briefings are easier to create, some parameters are made optional.
It comes with a mission as a demo version. Extract the folder to your ArmA2\other Profiles\Yournick\Missions and load it in the editor.
You can find an example mission here.
Open the included shk_taskmaster.sqf for detailed instructions.
- Added: Now it's possible to add marker texts.
- Added: Now it's possible to define multiple markers for a task.
- Fixed: Change in v0.29 broke task state update for JIPs. States were being overwritten (reseted) by setcurrenttask command.
- Added new parameter:
- Destination (object/position/marker)
- Added: Last task to be added will be made current task automatically.
- Fixed: Markers of completed tasks were not hidden for JIPs.
- Fixed: Attempt to prevent double tasks from being added when the add parameter is used with the update function.
- Added: Script can be called without parameters, just to load the functions for later use.
- Changed: 1.55 patch changed note addition order to same as tasks. Code changed to keep the old way of adding them.
- Changed: Marker handling. Hiding/showing has been removed and replaced with local marker creation.
- Added: Support for Single Player missions. Mainly to enable tasks in the SP mission editor preview.
- Changed: Made add, assign and update functions useable in triggers without getting undefined variable error on clients.
- Changed: Script can now be started with call as well as execvm.
- Added: Support for non-dedicated servers.
- Added: SHK_Taskmaster_initDone variable will be set to true once tasks are processed and functions loaded.
- Fixed: Missed !isnull player check, which caused problems in marker handling.
- BI forums