Date: 2012-10-19 10:03
This is the old Arma 2 standalone version of Namalsk Crisis!
The latest version which requires Arma 2: Combined operations (Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead) can be found here:
Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk - Namalsk Crisis!!
Namalsk Crisis is a campaign for Arma II. You will be a part of the conflict on the island called Namalsk. Namalsk become as a target for an unknown corporation called NAC (Namalsk corporation). After several months of researches on an unknow alien object, which they found on Namalsk, with
a very dangerous experiments, armies of Russia and USA are trying to stop them. Unfortunately, they don't know with whom have honor.
You are able to see the whole conflict from different sides and different people, for example members of private scientist and military group called Nightstalkers, special forces team of USMC, with leader Ryan Goben or also Russian specnaz attack group with leader Yevgeniy Pecharov! You will face different situations, missions have a very strong atmosphere with wisely chosen music and various sound and graphic effects. Situation is described in ingame diary notes and task descriptions and also, you can find a lot of information on the main website - http://www.nightstalkers.cz
Campaign was created mostly under normal Arma II. Campaign is fully depending on the content of the modification called [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk. So, campaign is released with this modification together in version v1.0, more informations about everything about this mod and its unique features, visit http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php?menu=en_son_popis or scroll down.
Along with campaign release is also included unique SP/MP mission (based on Benny's excellent warfare mission), set on Namalsk, with edited sides and additional functions.
This warfare mission featuring united forces of USA and Russian Federation, trying to stop NAC and their experiments and the NAC, which are trying to hold Namalsk and theirresearches with everything.
For more detailed information about this wafare mission, continue here: http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_nc.php?menu=en_nc_warfare.
Through whole campaign, you will have a task to find highly classified enemy intel about what NAC actually doing on Namalsk and what's going at all there.
Once you will found it, mission will print you access code into rpt file or you will just need to remember it / copy it from diary note (there will be all instructions forusing this access code + of course that intel).
But because of amount of information there, I have managed to create a special section on the official website called NAC HQ, you will be able to use your code from mission/ rpt log file and read all information without to be actually ingame, much better formatted.
NAC HQ > http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_nc.php?menu=en_nc_nachq)
Campaign in few points
- Compatible with classic Arma II and also Arma II CO
- 4 prologue missions + 18 main missions
- Unique warfare mission focused on showing story from the campaign!
- Atmospheric missions with wisely chosen music and sounds
- Unique features, situations (such as escape from the A2 underground) and sound / gra
- Including non-linear features
- Swift gameplay
- Full background of story provided on http://www.nightstalkers.cz and continuing also in-game with diary notes and task description
- Tremendous count of texts avaiable in English or Czech language
- Loading pictures for every mission (showed only in CO)
- Playing from different persons, you can see the conflict from different sides
- Unique factions, characters
Notes about gameplay
* It is recommended to have music turned on during gameplay
* It is also recommended to have post process effects at least on low
* Autosaves are placed where it is needed
* Campaign went through numerous of beta tests, missions should be without bugs
* I have tried to make mission friendly as possible (without problems with AI)
* Campaign have strings for all Arma II supported languages (if you have for example Polish version, you don't need to switch other language)
* Because of an amount of texts in this 22 mission campaign, only English and Czech translation is available
* It is recommended to not use much ESC key
* Altough campaign was partly developed in Arma II CO and also tested in CO, gameplay could be little different under Arma II classic or Arma II CO.
* I do not recommend playing the campaign and using mods, which can alter AI behavior!
Shadow of Namalsk
As you probably read about Namalsk Crisis campaign above, this modification is the key part of the Namalsk Crisis campaign. From the first ArmA 1 version, I have changed and added a lot of things to this modification. I have to admit, I never thought, that I will be able to create stuff like you can see in this modification. Because of its functions and content, this modification could also provide to Arma II S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans basics for creating missions with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. atmosphere in Arma II. Modification was developed mainly in Arma II classic.
- Very detailed island
- Covered almost by new objects (buildings and smaller misc objects from "http://www.nightstalkers.cz" Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification)
- You can found on Namalsk big town Vorkuta, old hospital, small factories and villages, yard,2 harbors, mountains covered by snow, big agricultural object Jalovisko, UNDEGROUND object AII (since 1.10 patch new part!!), train tracks, deep forests and more and more.. SEE Screenshots below they tells more than words
- Since ArmA II, new island is near Namalsk, called Tara
- Since ArmA II, Completely NEW painted satellite mask with higher resolution.
- Since ArmA II, Enhaced quality of ground textures
- Since ArmA II, Enhaced performance on whole island
- Tweaked ArmA II trees for better performance on Namalsk
- You can see map here
As we always recommend use modfolders.
Check our FAQ for a clear explanation.
For the missions extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.
Included .pbo files:
Video by Wastelander:
What is AII Laboratory?
AII object is a experimental object in ArmA II. It seems to be normal ground factory, but, under this factory is a 4 floor undeground.
This object exist since ArmA 1, 0.45 version, but, in this patch (Namalsk ArmA II 1.10) is object upgraded and got his final apperance. Added new floor, which is also particullary flooded with water. (see screenshots)
There are still problems, that underground isnt too dark in daylight, but, i tried to do with this something, so, underground is now darker and if you have turned shadows on, you get even better results.
(Screenshots - at night with AII Module, underground lights turned on)
AII Laboratory module::
Because was underground quite empty, i created module, which can spawn approximately 100 misc objects.
With these objects are spawned lights also. (this is not a abandoned laboratory (according to Namalsk Crisis story))
Default state - lights off, but..
you can control lights with variables:
* control variable ns_aii_l_status (0 = lights off, 1 = lights on)
* lights intensity variable ns_aii_l_intensity (i recommend very small values = 0.01 - 0.05, 0 = off (dark), 1 = fully on (not recommended))
You don't have to put init of these variables into some inicialization. You can control them during mission.
Maybe you will have problems with very strength glow, if you have postprocess details on maximum, try to set lower setting for postprocess.
Small example, how to try this module:
Color schemes modules::
You can use them for changing color scheme in your mission. The only thing, which you need to get these modules working, is inserting module into your mission.
From the last version, modules was improved and they are now with priority (def, defgray, cold <=> 1501, 1502, 1503)
There is unfor. still triangular poly bug on low terrain detail (engine bug), only solution is set to bigger terrain detail (normal settings is enough)
Credits & Thanks:
GSC Gameworld - some sounds, textures and objects (like Sebjan factory and mine) from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game
mikebart - texture for grass
SenChi - Skybox textures and edited grass texture by mikebart
Pikus - author of Chemical plant objects and wind powerplant
Saigos - for making a photos as data for Jalovisko buildings models
Apo - for testing Namalsk v1.0
Dokix2 - for testing version 1.10
..and Bohemia Interactive for great game
*Added: AII underground spawn module (spawns misc objects into undeground, you are also able to control lights there)
*Added: Extended underground of AII object, now with other floors (see details with release)
*Added: Added some objects to some locations, entrance to the AI and vehicle entrance to the AII object,..
*Added: New entrace in AII object into underground
*Added: Destruction animation for railroad bridge
*Added: Ambient sounds for Namalsk (global settings, local for island was buggy)
*Added: More penetration materials added onto parts of objects (glass, wood, iron..)
*Changed: Changed to a better structure of Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk mod, which is used by Namalsk
*Changed: Walking on objects have now a proper sound based on type of material (wood, plates, etc..)
*Changed: Namalsk is no longer default island
*Changed: Namalsk config adapted for further ArmA II patches (new cloads parametres)
*Changed: Rail-tunnels models reworked
*Changed: AI object have now geometry and better roadway lod
*Changed: Changed color of snow on satellite map (little)
*Changed: Improved color filters for Namalsk, now also with priority (def, defgray, cold <=> 1501, 1502, 1503)
*Fixed: Better bump maps for ground textures (particullary removes strange effect with old textures)
*Fixed: Issues with not working property "damage = no" in models, fixed by destrType="DestructNo"; in cfg
*Fixed: Tall grass model issue
*Fixed: Strange white artifact in lowres lod in small spruce model
*Fixed: AII underground is now darker and with shadows you get even better result
*Fixed: Improved configs (Thanks to Kju)
*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt related warnings to the Strange convex component
*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt related warnings to (class=house) missing object class
*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt related warnings to the updating base class
*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt should be now without any other warnings
*Fixed: Some object positions related issues (barrels in AII object, etc..)
*Fixed: Some issues related to the roadways on some objects
*Fixed: A lot of another tweaks in models (based on reports, thanks to reporters)
- BI forums
Tags: No tags