This addon permits the player to be able to call in a medevac chopper by putting in his mission editor only a simple Module. He can heal himself and his squad and send back the medevac chopper to call it later.
After the release of version 0.18 new features are present in the module:
- now if you put in editor a Game Logic and synchronize it with the Medevac Module the chopper will spawn
at the Game Logic's location. If you call in the chopper it will take off from the Game Logic's position, come to you, make all the things above and when you send it the order to RTB it will return to the Game Logic's position and land so you can use the Medevac call not only to healing you and your teammates but even to
return to base via the Medevac chopper. The Game Logic can be putted, for example, in a base camp.
- now you can use the Medevac vehicle to be inserted, by simply click on the map, from the beginning of the mission. You can even abort the reinsertion whenever you want.
- to add your own units to be spawned instead vanilla's one you need to modify the corrispondent array in the ArmA 2\userconfig\MM\unit_array.hpp
- now you can activate/deactivate sounds (thanks Thedog88!) of the Medevac module by changing the corrispondent global variable in the unit_array.hpp
- if you use the Medevac Module without the Game Logic synchronized to it, you can put, in the mission editor, a marker named MM_MKR1 so the chopper (or vehicle) will spawn (and disappear when it return after the Medevac action) in that position instead the default position (at the bottom left of the map). In this way you can make a faster Medevac arrival.
Put the folder @Medevac in your ArmA's directory
Put the folder 'userconfig', that you can find inside the @Medevac folder, in your ArmA 2 main directory
Modify the desktop's shortcut with this line:
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
Included .pbo files:
I've developed a Medevac module that works in this way:
- Put the 'Medevac Module' in the editor and synchronize it with the player;
- The player will receive a 'Call in Medevac' action in its menu ("Call in Medevac");
- After a while a chopper (or another in-array specified vehicle) will arrive next to the player's position and ask him to throw a smoke to identify it; the player can even abort the mission by simply selecting the "Abort medevac" action appeared after calling in the chopper;
- The player must throws a red smoke to permits the chopper (or vehicle) to identify the player's position and land (red smoke added via scripts so you don't need to add the smoke to the player's unit in the editor);
- Two units dismount and secure the landing zone and stay near the chopper's position;
- A third unit (corpsman) runs near the player's position and joins the player's group;
- The player can heal himself and all his units;
- When the player decides he can sends (via the action entry "Medevac RTB") the order at the corpsman to Return To Base (RTB);
- Otherwise the player can use the option "Reinsert" to be reinserted anywhere in the map by simply click on it (the "Reinsert" option is available from the mission's beginning so the player can use it even if he's near the Medevac's vehicle and if he hasn't already called the Medevac);
- After selected the "Medevac RTB" menu action, corpsman remounts the waiting chopper;
- Only after the corpsman mounts in chopper, the other two units will mount (this is a correct military procedure);
- Chopper returns to base and after a while you will re-receive the action to call another medevac chopper ("Call in Medevac");
You can modify the units that spawn (ie the vehicle for the Medevac) by modify the unit_array.hpp file
inside the ArmA 2\userconfig\MM folder (!!!that must be put inside the main directory of ArmA 2!!!).
You can even activate or deactivate some sounds present in the Module by modify the MM_SOUNDS global
variable inside the unit_array.hpp file.
- Fixed: MP issues. Now the Medevac Module is fully MP compatible;
- Fixed: bug at player's death (you receive multiple "Call in medevac" entry menu action);
- Fixed: invisible actions present at the beginning of the mission;
- Changed: removed the RTB Radio trigger and changed with an entry action menu ("Medevac RTB");
- Added: server's key and signed addon;
v0.995 beta 3
- Fixed some little bugs
- Added: ability to use the "Reinsert" option form the beginning of the mission when near the chopper.
- Added: ability to abort the Reinsertion and RTB
- Changed: now the chopper don't RTB if the corpsman die. In this way you can already use the "Reinsert" option.
v0.995 beta 2
- Solved: Strange behaviour when chopper is under attack when it is landed near the player
- Solved: Problems if you mount the MM chopper and then call the RTB radio
- Added: Try to 'force' landing on Medevac choppers
- Added: Make a unit_array.hpp file instead the currently unit_array.sqf file to be in line like all the other ArmA2's MODs
- Added: sounds by Thedog88 that can be ativated or not via the unit_array.hpp file
- Changed: if you use the Medevac Module without the Game Logic synchronized to it, you can put, in the mission
editor, a marker named MM_MKR1 so the chopper (or vehicle) will spawn (and disappear when it return after the
Medevac action) in that position instead the default position (at the bottom left of the map). In this way you
can make a faster Medevac arrival.
- Changed: new module's icon
- Changed: now if you return at FOB via Medevac with your
squad you don't lost it and you can make a reinsertion via
the Medevac. In this way you can return via Medevac at the base to heal or rearm and then be reinserted via Medevac with your mates.
- Added: unit array to permit players to spawn their units instead vanilla's ones
- Added: Reinsert action to permit the player, if returned on FOB via medevac, to be reinserted via medevac
vehicle by clicking on the map
- Fixed: many little bugs in the medevac vehicle waypoints
- Changed: new module's icon
- Changed: all global variables now will start with MM_ prefix
- Fixed: when player's units mount the Medevac chopper then the corpsman and the gunners won't remount the chopper (thanks DMarwick!)
- Fixed: problem with synchronization without the Game Logic (thanks CyOp!)
- Improved: now helo, even under fire, will land correctly (thanks CyOp!)
- Added: when player dies and teamswitch is enabled, all the Medevac actions are passed at
the new player's unit (thanks DMarwick)
- Fixed: CTD when the helo explode during its mission (thanks DMarwick!)
- Added: now you can abort the Medevac Mission, when the chopper is flying, via action menu (thanks DMarwick for suggestions!). When the medic dismount, you can send the RTB order via the usual Radio Bravo trigger (0-0-2)
- Fixed: bug that prevent the main script to terminate correctly
- Fixed: error message 'cannot load the mission, missing addon medevac' when loading a saved mission (thanks Manzilla for report!)
- Module now supports all the ArmA2's sides (USMC, russians, civilians and resistances)
- The module can now be synchronized with a game logic to make it permanentely present in game
- Changed: now you have a red smoke instead purple smoke (thanks CyOp!)
- Changed: now you don't have the action menu to throw the smoke; instead you have to normally throw the red smoke (thanks CyOp!)
- Added: when rescue mission is active and player go near the crash site, the alive soldiers/pilots join the player's group
- General optimization at the code
- Added: corpsman, when dismount, join player's group for more control over it's capabilities (the corpsman will return in the helo, for RTB, when called Radio Bravo)
- General optimization at the code
Credits & thanks:
Thanks CyOp for the idea and support
Thanks DMarwick for the supprt and tranlsation in sidechat text
Thanks Thedog88 for his incredibly sounds
Thanks all the ArmA 2 community
Thanks BIS for ArmA series
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.