Requirements: Beton addons
Date: 2010-02-14 21:43
Basically the complete winterversion of Hürtgenwald. Some changes in vegetation etc.
Western front in Germany in November 1944, dark forests in the valleys... plateaus with little cover and some small villages. The winter came early so the upper parts are covered with snow.
At this time Americans tried to push the Germans back to the Rhine. Choosing the Hurtgen Forest was not the best decision because the US soldiers encountert Germans that had dug themsevles in deeply in the dark forests. Because of the bad weather there was nearly no airsupport possible.
Also nice with modern units as long as there are no ww2 units available.
The map has reached it´s final status. This does not mean that no changes or bugfixing will be made in the future. I am always open for suggestions especially from missiondesigners because i don´t know how to make missions.
Should be used with NIM dynamic weather and JTD skyfog for more immersion and better fps
- The map covers an area of 10x10 km roughly based on realworld data if possible
- The map features the area between Hürtgen and Schmidt in November 1944 but does not claim to be 100% historically correct
- roads and bridges should be used properly by AI
- there are many dense german style forrests and also wide plains
- You will find many custom buildings, bunkers and of course trees and bushes
- Some bunkers and other stuff is already placed on the map but there ist still more than enough room to place your objects available from my addons or other addons according to your own requirements
- many of the buildings are open to give the possibility of interesting fights in the villages
- on the map you may find some trees that can be climbed on, to give places for snipers (usable also by AI)
As we always recommend use modfolders.
Check our FAQ for a clear explanation.
Included .pbo files:
- This is beta
- many areas are unfinished
Credits & Thanks:
All the community at Bis-forums and Armaholic who gave me tips and shared their
knowledge made tutorials etc, to Bis for the game.
- added more bunkers and ww2 objects
- LVZ near Schmidt added
- nearly all trees and bushes without leaves
- village of Hürtgenwald added
- changed some parts of the vegetation
- added long rows of Dragonteeth
- cleaned some trees from the roads
- New plants added which are based on Arma 1 plants
- many areas now have german-style forests
- some Bunkers and other ww2 structures placed for testing
- addded some more roads
- changed and remade part of the roadnetwork
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- Beton addons
Tags: No tags