Requirements: No addons required
Island(s): Chernarus, Utes
Playable options: N/A
Date: 2012-08-16 09:51
Flashpoint: Chernarus & Utesby
You are a lone soldier lost in a warzone.
Random location, time, weather
Random enemy and Random friendly forces.
Infantry, vehicles and aircraft spawn randomly as the player moves around, or other units are killed.
The mission plays completely differently every time.
This is an instant action mission, your objective is survival, the player is in a dynamic and ongoing warzone that is constantly changing.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\Missions folder.
The type of strike is random, mortars or heavy guns.
The number of shells per strike is random.
The weight of fire is random.
The aiming error is random.
The strikes take time to arrive, so a moving target might move to safety.
The time between each strike of each faction is random.
The player is trated the same as AI units, no more or less likely to be the target.
All this results in a range of fire missions, from small slow atacks by a single mortar, all the way to a devastating rapid fire heavy barrage from multiple heavy guns.
The Artillery is a work in progress.
Features to be added later: Player designation of targets, Prioritisation of targets, Checking for friendly fire of each barage, Different levels of Arty for each Faction etc.
This Artillery system adds a bit more realistic danger to the battlefield. It was inspired in part by another of my favorite milsims, SteelBeasts. If you stay in the same place too long, you're toast!
Please feedback about the Artillery, let me know if it fits in with how you play the mission etc.
- Fixed: Cars in towns now still spawn after you switch sides.
- Fixed: Limit on number of ambient cars, to avoid slowdowns.
- Fixed: Vehicle passengers now exit vehicles during combat.
- Added: Custom civilian cars module, replacing the BIS silvie module.
- Changed: Civilian cars now sometimes contain weapons and ammo.
- Added; Name of current music is shown in stats text.
- Fixed: Commands action removed from dead player.
- Fixed: Field Dressing delay reset after death.
- Changed: Increased number of dead bodies before removal from 50 to 80... feedback about performance please!
- Changed: Death camera effect now much faster, and with different random texts.
- Changed: Reduced time delay when becoming rabbit.
- Added: Sucide Bunny :P
- Added: all features from my more recent "Flashpoint: Takistan" mission, bringing "Flashpoint: Chernarus" up to date.
- Changed: Version number to be in line with "Flashpoint: Takistan".
- Added: "Preset Modes" a variety of differnt game modes, selectable with 1 click.
- Added: Dead units now deleted when too many are in world, to prevent low frame rates.
- Changed: Death Cam commands now added in sequence.
- Fixed: Radio 0-0-5 "Weather Forecast" now working again.
- Fixed: "Chedaki" spelling mistake.
- Fixed: Vehicle Cargo waypoints now update corectly.
- Fixed: "Commands" action only added once to each team member after multiple teamswitch or multiple team join/leave.
- Changed: A Infantry groups now only have 1 script running, better performance with high group counts.
- Changed: "Field Dressing" sound filesize reduced.
- Changed: Map is automatically given to player if "Give Objective" or "Where Am I" command is used.
- Changed: Readme file improved.
- Added: Weapon and magazine cargos in spawned vehicles (Mines, Satchel Charges, GPS, NVGs, AT missiles etc).
- Added: "Statistics" action in Death Camera, diplays the battle statisitcs.
- Added: "Who Got Me?" action in Death Camera, shows you who killed you.
- Fixed: Helicopters could spawn too close.
- Fixed: Vehicles, crews and cargos now deleted striclty (low FPS and ghost vehicles after long journeys fix).
- Fixed: spetznatz AT soldier playerType was labeled grenadier.
- Changed: Group counts upto 20 now selectable (note: too many might be slow on your PC!).
- Changed: Map Compass and Binoculars are all random.
- Changed: Vehicles now spawn on roads (if any roads in the area).
- Changed: "Join Group" increased to 75metres.
- Added: "Join Group" units now automatically come to formation and set "aware" behaviour.
- Added: spawn range info text "min/max". (the two spawn values are for min and max spawn range, used for both sides).
- Added: New Death Camera and after death spectator mode.
- Added: Selectable support groups; snipers, vehicles, tanks, helicopters and aircraft.
- Added: "Apply Field Dressing" action to player when hit.
- Removed: "Call Medic" command, it was too clunky.
- Added: Cutomizable game settings, dialogs before mission start.
- Changed: "Battle is between" text now always shows player side factions first.
- Changed: Slightly increased the number of sniper groups spawned.
- Fixed: "Join Group" can now also add passengers from any vehicles in range.
- Added: "Flashpoint: Utes" More of the same action, this time on Utes Island, included in same package.
- Added: "Requset Medic" command; medics will try and come to your aid.
- Added: "Save Game" command.
- Changed: Commands dialog redesigned.
- Added: "Distance Travelled" counter in the Statisitics hint.
- Changed: Statisitcs hint tidyed up.
- Changed: "Join Group" function, now only grabs near soldiers, not their group members out of range.
- Changed: "Join Group" function, range increased.
- Changed: Reduced probability of heavy fog.
- Changed: Removed "Start Position" marker.
- Added: "Where am I?" command, shows your position on map.
- Improved: Objective completed hint and text.
- Fixed: Statistics hint now smaller and less intrusive.
- Fixed: NAPA T34 now has front gunner.
- Fixed: Teamswitch map not available during intro film.
- Fixed: Teamswitch only available when you have a team.
- Added: Dynamic Weather changes, and weather forcast command. The weather changes over a 30 minute cycle.
- Changed: Intro film, shortened and title text added.
- Changed: Improved Statistics command; now shows time of day, elapsed time, factions in battle, player health.
- Added: Readme file now included.
- Changed: Improved overview text.
- Added: Optional Objective point on the map. You can activate it from the commands menu. Reaching the position will complete the mission. A briefing section with marker link is added to the notes.
- Fixed: Start Position marker was apearing for a moment at the wrong place at the mission briefing screen.
- Added: Game commands are now available through a Dialog with buttons.
- Added: More varied Chadaki and NAPA groups, AT groups.
- Changed: Balanced the sides more, 4 friendly vs 6 enemy groups now.
- Added: More unit types to all sides, AA soldiers and Saboteurs.
- Changed: Sniper groups are now separately scripted support groups, and do not run around unrealistically now.
- Changed: Increased probability of 1 Faction vs 1 Faction battles (ie CDF vs Chadaki, USMC vs Russia etc).
- Removed: NVGs are no longer added to every player type, or every group leader.
- Changed: There are now over 60 different player types.
- Added: Factions; now the factions in the battle are different each time. There are 21 different combinations (eg USMC vs Russia, USMC and CDF vs Russia, USMC CDF and NAPA vs Chadaki etc etc).
- Fixed: Some Chadaki vehicles had Spetznaz soldiers not Chadaki carried in cargo.
- Removed: Armed Civilians from the West/Resistance side, they could be confusing.
- Added: Intro Movie.
- Added: Mission Briefing, task, map icon showing start position.
- Added: Fixed wing aircraft can now spawn on both sides (A10, AV8B, SU25 etc);
- Changed: Slightly reduced probability of vehicles, helicopters and aircraft spawning.
- Changed: Max unit skill increased slightly.
- Changed: NAPA units are now on the WEST side (rather than INDEPENDANT), so can join with USMC and CDF groups now.
- Changed: Random music is now disabled by default (can be activated by radio command).
- Added: AH64 Apache is now on the list of West helicopters that can spawn.
- Fixed: Music now stays off when you have it deactivated.
- Added: You can gather nearby soldiers into your team using a Radio command, and use Teamswitch within your group.
- BI forums
- OFPEC forums
Tags: No tags