- VERSION 1.0.1 (27 June 09)
At USEC we needed a Maule because we do a considerable amount of snow missions. We also use FSX alot, which provided an excellent base from which to research the aircraft. The project was to try and recreate the aircraft as faithfully as possible, and to that end - I think it is a great success!
There are some glaring differences, mainly around the interior, but on the whole it is a reasonably faithful production of the Maule M7 Skiplane (with a variant with no ski's). Lots of hours were spent screenshotting FSX, and scouring 3d libraries for useful models. Thanks to TheKaing and MachineMadeness who helped me test and helped with that work. Cheers guys!
It is painted pure white.
- Fully animated interior
- Custom crew seat/death animations
- Lit interior
- Realistic Glass
- Seats four personnel
- Ski and Non-Ski versions included
- 4 resolution lods (max 12K)
- Seperate custom Fire/Collision/View Geometry
- One Shadow LOD (second is to do)
- Seperate Pilot/Cargo View (13k polys)
- 2 x 2048 Textures, only one with Shaders (interior doesnt need it). One is exterior, other is pilot/cargo view.
Many thanks to:
- FSX for providing a great Maule for research (lots of screenshots!)
- Gnat for his Piper, which provided much of the knowledge and inspiration
- RKSLRock, and the rest of the BI Forums crew
- USEC team!
- Foxhound, Armaholic, ArmedAssault.info ... and all the other community sites. Bandwidth ain't cheap!
- BI for making such awesome games!
- The forum Mod's here for being patient and always around
- Everyone who bought ArmA and ArmA2.
- The ACE mod guys too... while its been a pain to integrate. They have done great work!
This is provided "as is" with no warranty. The property contained retains any and all relevant licenses it may have. Contact me if you would like to edit this file beyond personal use, and I'll see if its possible.
- When my copy of ArmA2 arrives, I'll port it to that.
- Amphibious Variant
- I'd like to make a VOR system...
- Glass Damage textures... I have actually DONE the textures I just couldn't get the damn things working (even following the tutorial!).
- On request I edited the "engine startup" script so that it *should* work correctly with ACE in multiplayer. Haven't tested it though.
Download link listed below