Chernarus is a beaten, war-torn country. What started as an internal struggle between the CDF and Chedaki has devolved several times. First the Americans got involved on the side of the CDF, and later the Russians on the side of the Chedaki, and a stalemate ensued. Lack of popularity within the US and a change in the White House began the pullout of American troops, which signaled dark days for the CDF. Things looked bleak for the Chernorussians, and without much hope, disaster resulted...
The CDF, fearing the loss of their only ally, launched a full-scale assault hoping to drag the Americans back in, maybe out of pity. Even though many of the USMC forces had already left, individual Marine commanders assisted the CDF while they still could. But it wasnt enough. The pro-Western forces were decimated, leaving some with no option but the unthinkable..
Two days ago, someone detonated a nuclear weapon in Moscow....
Yesterday, the world erupted in flames...
Today, you are alone.
You find yourself nearly out of ammo, and cutoff from any friendly forces. Your extraction never came and the radio is quiet.
So much pain and blood you have given trying to help protect Chernarus, and now it seems that it was all for naught. There is no hope, and there is probably no home to return to either.
Well, you pick yourself up off the ground and decide you'll go out in a bang. For, what else is there to do now except survive and perhaps?.. be a hero.
"Random Position Generator" by Shuko
"Group Manager / Equipment Editor" by Clayman
"High Command Extensions" by DomZ
"MIP (updated ALICE/SILVIE modules)" by wolffy.au & zGuba
"AI Unit Caching" by (AEF)Wolffy.au
Place the pbo file in your Arma2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder.
RESTART REQUIRED (New comms menu, new included ADDON)
NEW ADDON REQUIRED (Included in ZIP, just place "MARKB50K_LostAddons" in your ARMA 2/Addons directory)
Added in several new TASKS to help point out some essential game play mechanics.
Friendly forces laid out a bit differently, with more of the friendly groups set up at the rally point early on. Helped their survival a bit.
Removed all always-present actions that cluttered your action menu. Now everything is accessible through COMMS menu.
Fixed invincible russian guy bug. This was not a conflict with another mod.
Less Enemies option now has greater effect in cutting down enemy forces.
Enemy vehicle patrols will retreat and try to fill gunner and driver spots if they accrue losses.
Group manager now shows Ranks and Unit Type of your soldiers, helps with organizing your squads.
- Complete overhaul. Requires restart.
- Mission is never same mission twice. Fully randomized and dynamic troop positions create completely different experience each playthrough.
- Number of running scripts significantly reduced through use of waypoint based AI movement and smart AI caching.
- Starting position of player is randomly generated.
- Moveable weapon cache that player can store all his army's weapons and gear salvaged from enemy. Cache can be moved in any Truck sized vehicle to allow for redeployment.
- Clayman's group manager that allows you to easily arm and fit out all your soldiers and manage your sub squads.
- Enemy forces randomly generated including:
- Paratrooper groups that are fully functional (no magic spawning of these groups). You can run across these guys before they liftoff and afterwards as well.
- Around 40 vehicle mounted patrols that travel the roads of the country, deploy infantry, then move to the next patrol point.
- Around max 90 manned enemy encampments randomly placed. Enemy will man static weapons, patrol the local area.
- Around max 70 mobile foot patrols, that travel cross country and always seem to popup when you least expect them.
- Enemy AI will respond very forcefully after player makes significant progress in war.
- Uses Resistance side groups manned with OPFOR soldiers to get over the 144 group limit.
fully functioning ALICE and SILVIE modules, including civilian vehicular traffic.
- All AI movement is controlled through dynamically generated waypoints, so no always running scripts controlling movement.
- All AI units will call out for reinforcements so battles will get very hairy if you wait around in an area that you are in contact with the enemy.
- Small amount of friendly stragglers that will try to consolidate. One of your goals is to find this rally point.
- All friendly groups can be recruited by player if you find them. Once that happens, High Command module kicks in.
friendly forces and civilians can give away enemy positions and point out corpses that can be scavenged for ammo and weapons.
- many useful High Command commands can be accessed through Communications tree including splitting, merging units quickly, team switching and other neat options.
- possible to rescue POWs at enemy camps.
- possible to find enemy intel on dead enemy officers.
- AI caching scripts optimized and improved to prevent loss of immersion (no units suddenly spawning out of nowhere).
- option to initialize the mission with "less enemy" for less CPU.
- redone start of mission so that there is almost no waiting for all enemy to spawn.
- all ammoboxes found in mission are almost empty, so ammo, fuel are at a premium.
- Partisans will join player randomly as player does more damage against enemy forces. Use Resistance units in West groups to get around this.
- all vehicle have chance of small amounts of weapons/magazines, including civilian vehicles.
fixed bug in AI unit caching where cached units were not respawning
sped up initial building of enemies
implemented AI unit caching for big performance boost
Credits & Thanks:
BI for Arma2
Obviously Clayman for which this mission, which I have had a ball trying to beat, wouldnt exist.
This mission was inspired by the awesome post-apocalyptic mission called "Zero" by Clayman. In fact this started as my personal edit of his mission, and with his permission, I am releasing my interpretation of the grand strategic epic he started producing. In essence, I stripped the storyline out of "Zero" and ratcheted up the scope and size of the battle.
"Lost" has now an even more 'sandbox' feel to it, with the entire mission's forces randomly generated. Your soldier is the only unit in the mission.sqm file.
You'll be severely outnumbered by the enemy but there may be help somewhere out there.. hopefully you'll find it.
v3.0 - Major revision. Requires restart.
- RESTART REQUIRED (New comms menu, new included ADDON)
- NEW ADDON REQUIRED (Included in ZIP, just place "MARKB50K_LostAddons" in your ARMA 2/Addons directory)
- Added in several new TASKS to help point out some essential game play mechanics.
- Friendly forces laid out a bit differently, with more of the friendly groups set up at the rally point early on. Helped their survival a bit.
- Removed all always-present actions that cluttered your action menu. Now everything is accessible through COMMS menu.
- fixed invincible russian guy bug. This was not a conflict with another mod.
- Less Enemies option now has greater effect in cutting down enemy forces.
- Enemy vehicle patrols will retreat and try to fill gunner and driver spots if they accrue losses.
- Group manager now shows Ranks and Unit Type of your soldiers, helps with organizing your squads. Lost v3.0
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2014 www.armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Free, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks of Bohemia Interactive.