informed us NightIntruder
released the first beta version of his Grumman C-1A Trader
on the BI forums
The Grumman C-1 Trader is a carrier onboard delivery (COD) variant of the Grumman S-2 Tracker. The C-1 was outfitted to carry nine passengers or 4,800 pounds (2,400 kg) of cargo and first flew in January 1955. Throughout the 1960s and 1970s the C-1 Trader carried mail and supplies to aircraft carriers on station in the Pacific Ocean during the Vietnam War and also served as a trainer for all-weather carrier operations. Over its production life 83 C-1 Traders were built. The last C-1 was retired from USN service in 1988.
In ARMA2 it can supplement other carrier-based aircrafts giving possibility to fly cargo/soldier transport missions from/to aircraft carrier or land bases. It might be used as a two-seater trainer in Navy pilot training or in a SP campaign. There is also static wreck included and the addon has numerous hide-type animations for cutscenes or MMs purposes.
- two flyable variants of the Trader and static one (wreckage):
- 6 liveries of US Navy squadrons
- 72 real crew memers tags included (switchable)
- custom sound of real radial engines
- compatible with ACE2, UNSUNG Mod and JDOG’s USS Nimitz ver. 0.93
- numerous animations and effects, to include: cockpit levers, tailhook, side doors, sound and visual effects of raining, stall effects, wings folding, exhaust with smoke effect and more
- primary flight instruments working
- optional script giving a crew of the aircraft a chance for bailing out after destruction of the aircraft
released his Dagger Weapons addon
on the Armaholic forums
Now you have those .300 win mag babies! And you can snipe at night too and you can also use your sniper rifle in CQB!
- M24, M24A2, M40A5 and Mk13 in day, night and thermal scopes, including suppressor versions, CQB sights and naked eye visible lasers. Sniper players were missing those things, but now they can enjoy!
- The M24 is in A-Tacs woodland camo, the M40A5 is in Kryptek desert camo, the Mk13 is in Kryptec woodland camo and the M24A2 is in home made sponge painted rock camo.
released an updated version of his Dagger Scopes addon
on the Armaholic forums
Quote QuickDagger :
I like to play the game as a long range shooter, which means I stay 75% of the time looking though scopes. I´ve bought myself a wide screen and could not accept the fact that I had to keep using only a tinny part of its potential by looking through small scope lens all the time. It was a bit claustrophobic to me . In real life, besides the image on a scope be of a small FOV - Field Of View, in your brain the image is formed as something bigger. And the image itself can be a lot larger, should you employ proper eye relief. Don´t need to say you can always shoot with both eyes opened. All those factors have made me build some new scopes with a better screen fit. Because my FOV´s might be a little wider it does not mean they are cheating. A little wider scope for a very narrow FOV is still narrow enough.
Then, I´ve tested the SWM mod and got amazed by their wide screen reticles. So, I thought I could do the same and ... here we are!
All scopes were made for extremely accurate range estimation and bullet drop compensations!
Inside this pack you will find a detailed manual explaining how to operate each one of the scopes and bringing detailed information about the magnification and ballistics math.
- Re-zeroed the scoped rifles (9x39 at 100 m, .223 and .308 at 300 m, .300 and .338 at 400 m, .50 and 25x59 at 500 m, 7.62x54R according to the BDC).
- Redone all BDC´s to be accurate with Dagger Ballistics, except for the 5.56, I´ll do them on a next release.
- Added new lens effects such as dust, fingerprints and a new scope contour.
- Added new scopes (Leupold Mk6 H59, ACOG 6x, PSO1, PSO1M2, POSP, SOFLAM and Mil-R).
- Fixed many suppressed weapons not being recognized by the AI as suppressed.
- Fixed the HK417 and SCAR-H sniper versions dispersions to match the DMR.
- Fixed many weapons not using Dagger Scopes.
- Allowed more weapons to use the sight adjustment system.
released an updated version of his Dagger Ballistics mod
on the Armaholic forums
Quote QuickDagger :
Here´s a new mod. It adds many new ammo types and magazines to the game featuring real life ballistics data.
Inside you will find a very detailed manual explaining all the new ammo types, their ballistic charts, dispersion and effective range, how they behave in different rifles, how they should be employed, how to make some ballistics calculations as well as calculating bullet penetration and hit values. And much more.
My intention was to bring a wider variety of ammo with special ammos to special soldiers. Among the bullets you will find SLAP, tear gas, explosive, frangible, duplex, hollow point, and more.
There is also a LEA config to speed up all your tests with the new stuff included in the mod.
- Added the .300 Win Mag, the 7.62x54R, the 9x39 and the .408 calibers.
- Fixed the ACE wounding system problem.
- Fixed the “required addons” problem in the configs.
- Fixed the FireLightDuration problem.
sent us an updated version of the Dutch Armed Forces mod
by the DAFmod Team
Quote DAFmod Team :
This modpack adds the Dutch armies and other Dutch content to ArmA2: Combined Operations. The compilation has been constructed with many different addons contributed by members of the BohemiaInteractive (ArmA2) community. The mod is not finished and should be considered a work in progress so use it at your own risk!
Today I release latest version of the Dutch Armed Forces module for Arma:CO. This time with new Fire Rescue & Ambulance units, KMAR units and much more. It also contains a brand new F35 texture that represents the new F-001 RNLAF paintjob.
- added: pook traincab mod
- added: M24 Black, 2 backpacks, rangefinder green & black
- added: KMAR & anti air units
- added: technician & divers
- added: Army, Navy & Airforce Generals
- added: fire rescue, ambulance & NS crew
- added: Volvo & Pierce firetrucks
- added: Ford & Mercedes Ambulances
- added: Aerial refuelling Module
- updated: F-35B texture (by Kazimierz)
- updated: Elcan scope, desert patria texture
- updated: M109A3 texture & submarine texture
- updated: new icons, unit names, config tree & more
released an updated version of the Soviet Naval Infantry Expansion
for Cold War Rearmed² on the Armaholic forums
This Expansion for Cold War Rearmed² adds Soviet Naval Infantry in two different camouflage patterns as well as various vehicles.
- Added: Yak-38 (CAS)
- Changed: Symbol on Helmet doesn't look like straight from a parade
- Changed: Missing textures
- Changed: Mission engineer icons
- The SP Mission is slightly improved and another old Coop from the OFP days was added.
a new mission following the Real-World Operations (RWO)
initiative focused on rendering missions in Arma 2 inspired by military operations taking place in the real world. This is the first mission of a mini campaign based on real recent facts in East Ukraine.
Quote CimaleXXI :
End of April 2014: After the peacetalks in Geneva many pro-russian militias in Eastern Ukraine surrendered to regular armed forces and halted occupation of police stations, airfields and public buildings.
Kiev's army wanted to make a display of strength to show the world the situation is under control.
Early on Wednesday a column of six armoured personnel carriers trundled through the town of Zelenogorsk, in eastern Ukraine, Donetsk region.
Some 24 hours earlier Ukrainian soldiers had recaptured a small disused aerodrome, those operation were a success, with the loss of few Ukrainian solders and dozens of militiamen.
In reality large chunks of the east of the country are now in open revolt despite our warnings and military action.
Ukraine is rapidly vanishing as a sovereign state, we must do something to stop this!
What happens next is unclear.
But the Kremlin can either annexe the east, as it did Crimea, again shrugging off western outrage.
Now well trained Ukrainian army brigades are ready to fight the pro-russian militia off from Donetks region, giving a clear message to the rest of the country, and to the Russian president that Ukrainian soveiregnity is not under discussion.
Today, UAF will launch a large scale assault against the militia-held town of Zelenogorsk, combining tanks, APCs and motorised infantry. Those chaps will curse the day that they stood up against the best units of the Ukrainian Army.
an update for the latest version of this cooperative mission in Chernarus.
Written on 2014-04-19 by Molly
released an updated version of his RUBE Weather Module on the BI forums
The RUBE weather module is a pseudo-scientific weather machine consisting of three main components:
- A season model that defines the clima,
- A weather generator which creates a forecast for n days and
- A weather engine that executes todays weather.
Quote ruebe :
The simulation of weather in this series has been lacking since forever. Actually I think the "weather engine" hasn't been touched since ofp 1.0 (ok, rainbows have been added at some point, but that's it).
Sure, we have the most basic components of weather to play with, such as overcast, fog, wind and rain. But it has always been only that; some components of weather (with some very simply constraints), but no coherent system of weather (or even seasons). But weather should be more than the sum of it's parts. And that's where the RUBE weather module steps in and tries to fill the gap (or at least illuminate and explore it a little).
Sure, there are already some weather modules/addons present. But they focus mostly on effects or worry about synchronisation in multiplayer games. None of them however solves the problem I was interested in to begin with: if weather shall be a crucial component in (strategical/tactical) decision making, then it needs to be forecastable. What weather can be expected for today and what for the next few days? Should we postpone that sniper-mission or rather strike now?
- updated the RUBE library, which now shouldn't try to load the BIS function library a second time
released version 1.2 of his MV22 Door Gunner Project on the BI forums
Quote hcpookie :
This addon provides M134, M240 door guns and the Remote Guardian Interim Defense Weapon System (IDWS).
This version is Multiplayer compatible - all previous MP issues are now fixed.
The IDWS is a belly-mounted M134 gun system purpose-built for the MV22. The IDWS is similar to a CROWS remote weapon system. The manned MV22-IDWS versions for USMC, US, and BAF are also found under Air > MV22-IDWS (also under Empty > Air).
A good fastrope and/or vehicle towing addon is strongly recommended with this addon! Mission makers should consider something like Norrin's fastrope addon.
- Removed action shortcuts that interfere with keyboard flying for those who still haven't bought themselves a joystick
Buy the ArmA series
20 members, 693 guests :
, U.S. Navy SEALs