released an updated version of his RUBE Weather Module on the BI forums
The RUBE weather module is a pseudo-scientific weather machine consisting of three main components:
- A season model that defines the clima,
- A weather generator which creates a forecast for n days and
- A weather engine that executes todays weather.
Quote ruebe :
The simulation of weather in this series has been lacking since forever. Actually I think the "weather engine" hasn't been touched since ofp 1.0 (ok, rainbows have been added at some point, but that's it).
Sure, we have the most basic components of weather to play with, such as overcast, fog, wind and rain. But it has always been only that; some components of weather (with some very simply constraints), but no coherent system of weather (or even seasons). But weather should be more than the sum of it's parts. And that's where the RUBE weather module steps in and tries to fill the gap (or at least illuminate and explore it a little).
Sure, there are already some weather modules/addons present. But they focus mostly on effects or worry about synchronisation in multiplayer games. None of them however solves the problem I was interested in to begin with: if weather shall be a crucial component in (strategical/tactical) decision making, then it needs to be forecastable. What weather can be expected for today and what for the next few days? Should we postpone that sniper-mission or rather strike now?
- updated the RUBE library, which now shouldn't try to load the BIS function library a second time
released version 1.2 of his MV22 Door Gunner Project on the BI forums
Quote hcpookie :
This addon provides M134, M240 door guns and the Remote Guardian Interim Defense Weapon System (IDWS).
This version is Multiplayer compatible - all previous MP issues are now fixed.
The IDWS is a belly-mounted M134 gun system purpose-built for the MV22. The IDWS is similar to a CROWS remote weapon system. The manned MV22-IDWS versions for USMC, US, and BAF are also found under Air > MV22-IDWS (also under Empty > Air).
A good fastrope and/or vehicle towing addon is strongly recommended with this addon! Mission makers should consider something like Norrin's fastrope addon.
- Removed action shortcuts that interfere with keyboard flying for those who still haven't bought themselves a joystick
informed us he released many different updates for different addons on the BI forums
Additionally he released an early wip version of his crazy addon which, obviously, adds some crazy stuff to your game.
The addons he updated are the:
- Project '85 - German Army
- Project '85 - Vehicles
- Project '85 - Cars
- Project '85 - Config
- Modern Polish Army and Police - Military
- Modern Polish Army and Police - Bonus Pack
- Modern Polish Army and Police - Civilian
Written on 2014-04-13 by vilas
his RAF Hercules C5/C6 retexture
This add-on is a re-textured BiS C-130J Super Hercules as included with the regular ArmA 2 game. The original re-skin has been made by Morris of the 16AA (link BAF Systems RAF C-130J Reskin).
The unit is a close representation of the Hercules C5 in use with the Royal Air Force today. However, the BiS Hecules model represents the US Marine Corps Lockheed C-130J, which is in some aspects quite different from the C5 airframe of the RAF. However, I have been able to closely approximate the versions in use with the RAF -modifying the textures only.
In the Arma 2 enivironment, I have used the base modification structure by Morris -opting for a redoing of his original three types of textures. My inability to add more skins to the add-on structure is the only issue preventing me from introducing more types.
As of now, three textures are included:
- Olive Drab:
The modern day version the RAF is using. The aircraft is weathered as to represent an operational aircraft used on dirt airstrips.
- 2000's Grey:
The previously in-use version of the RAF. The first aircraft received this colour scheme in the late 1990's. Most of the Grey aircraft have been over-painted in Olive Drab by now.
- Desert Sand:
A fictional C5 camouflage. During the Gulf War in 1990, the RAF experimented with a Pink Sand pattern on two airframes. The aircraft included is textured to represent this war-colour as close as possible, although it's hard to find data on this paintjob.
released his Gulf Of Aqaba Map
on the BI forums
This project refers to a landscape east of the Sinai Peninsula.
It is a so-called quadrilateral region (Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia) with a real-Terrain on the Gulf of Aqaba with the cities of Aqaba (jord.), Eilat, Eilot (isra.) and Taba (egyp.).
The Real-terrain is 20.48 x 20.48 km = ~ 420 km2.
A huge satellite image (pixels nearly 500 million) I used as a template where what belongs to roads, buildings, etc..
Thanks to ArcGIS and USGS (NASA Earth Data).
The map is still expandable. In the North Eastern mountain roads and camps can be expanded. This will happen in a later update.
In 2020 Egyptian and Palestinian radical Islamic terrorist organizations have toppled the Egyptian government and occupy large parts of Jordan and also operate in Israel. Israel and Jordan fight (as it was in 1970) side by side against terrorism.
The story leans heavily on the historical background from 1970, with the terrorist PLO and its offshoot, the Jordanian government ousted in part, threatened and terrorized. Without the flow of arms from the U.S. and the military support of Israel, Jordan probably would lost the war against the PLO and Syria.
source: Black September.
informed us he released an updated version of the B-1B Lancer Supersonic Bomber
on the BI forums
The B-1B Lancer Supersonic Bomber was originally created by Alphasim/Virtavia and ported to the Arma series by Mukcep and now released as a standalone version.
Quote Giorox :
This addon adds the B-1B Lancer Supersonic Bomber to your game.
It comes in 6 different base versions:
- B-1B lancer (Mk82)
- B-1B lancer (Mk84)
- B-1B lancer (GBU-24 Paveway III)
- B-1B lancer (SBD)
- B-1B lancer (GBU-31)
- B-1B lancer (JSOW)
- And many different camouflaged versions of the Mk82 version
- Addition of 2 more flare launchers to better represent the real life counterpart
- Fixed position for getting in
- Fixed clipping bombs through model in all variants
- Fixed a name error that would list the GBU32 variant as GBU31
- One more attempted fix at wing sweep
- Fixed some options showing up from the outside of the aircraft that aren't supposed to
Written on 2014-04-02 by Giorox
an updated version of the RAF Chinook HC3
This is a modified version of the MH-47e addon
created by Konyo.
As many people will have seen there is an awesome MH-47e addon out there created by Konyo. Some of the features in this helicopter along with the updated model and high resolution textures made it the perfect replacement for the vanilla Chinook - great if you are an American group. I am part of 42 Commando a British unit operating around current day Royal Marines Commandos, we wanted to have this chopper in an RAF skin to use for our operations. So I got in contact with Konyo and he gave us permission to modify the work he had done. I would like to thank Koyno and all the guys that helped him with this mod for creating it, and for allowing us to modify the work. Furthermore I would like to thank Leeds and Porter at 42 Commando for their work with the re-texturing of the aircraft and to the rest of 42 for testing.
A few weeks later and here we have it the RAF Chinook HC3 (Fat Tanks). For more info on the real life counter part see here or here. Some features have been removed and tampered with for various reasons which are listed below:
- Working Features:Lock Dectection System Complete with Warning Sounds.
Correct Number of Flares/Countermeasures in a Forward Direction.
Digital Cockpit for Pilot & Co-Pilot.
Option to Level, Lower & Raise Ramp.
New & Improved Flight Engine Sound's.
Fueselarge Night Lighting.
Cockpit Night Lighting.
Improved Gunner Animations.
Improved Blade System, bend when under load etc.
Custom Cargo Positions. (BackCrew & Loadmaster)
Co-Pilot Camera is fully animated. (Thanks yurapetrov!)
FLIR & Laser Marker on Co-Pilots Camera.
Animated Loadmasters Hatch.
Animated Windscreen Wipers.
- Removed Features:Custom fast roping (ACE Fast roping works fine for now)
Custom slinging (Will be re-added when working with British Vehicles)
Ambient Radio Sounds
Multiple Models (We chose to use the SRO model as it most closely fits the HC3)
Wrecks (The wrecks are using the wrong model and will be updated)
- Fix minor spelling mistake in config and folders
Arma 2: British Armed Forces
Written on 2014-03-31 by flax
the SMD Standalone releases
SMD Assets Standalone
All the BI modded vehicles and our DayZ models (not config'd in there) and the misc objects I've been posting here).
SMD Buildings Standalone
The smd_sahrani_artif_obj.pbo in it's own package so people can use the buildings and Sahrani Misc Objects on other maps
SMD Units Standalone
All the Pliskins re-textured BI, Icewindo, and Vilas Character models, I modified ALL models edited to proxy backpacks and fixed some of the texture glitches
informed us about the updated release of the SMD Sahrani A2 Full Sahrani Map Port
on the BI Forums
He also announced the release of the SMD Sahrani A2 Full Sahrani Map Port - Light
version which excludes the SMD Assets and the SMD Units.
SMD_Sahrani_A2 - A community open source project dedicated to improving Sahrani and it's native Buildings. We have extended the reach of this project to include custom assets, units, and vehicles as well.
What's the Difference between smd_sahrani_a2 and Caa1 Sahrani, or even A1 Sahrani?
1. There are Dozens of opened, or improved variants of the native BI Buildings. SMD Building Features include:
- Animated doors (and in some cases) shutters, and windows.
- Several buildings with SFX to accompany the door movement (Ammo Bunker, All Garages, and Aircraft Hangar)
- Individual shattering panes of glass
- Improved pathings, roadway, and other LOD's
- Animated Destruction for Doors on 2 buildings with 2 variants each
- Animated Destruction for 1 Building from roof to foundation. Blow it apart bit by bit
2. Countless object placement issues have been addressed 1 by 1 making for fewer misplaced or overlapping objects/buildings
3. The Ground textures have been replaced with higher resolution textures (from cgtextures.com) and the blend has been customized by M1lkm8n
4. The Grass and Clutter blends have been customized.
M1lkm8n has really gone above and beyond on this latest update (v1.1.0). Check out the Changelog for details but we have several newly opened buildings as well as a complete round up and standardization of the LOD's for ALL the previously opened smd_ buildings.
- Added: Versions - Standard (Full) and Lite - Lite is the Terrain/Scenes only Full includes smd_units.pbo and smd_assets.pbo
- Added: Feature - ALICE Module Support
- Added: Feature - Missions - 3 Missions are now included to show the units/vehicles/buildings/misc objects
- Added: PBO - smd_assets - Includes ~130 custom textured vehicles, many unconfigured "loot objects" from our DayZ project, and some
- Added: PBO - smd_units - Includes ~50 "units" all have been modified to show backpacks (all Sahrani and Chernarus male citizens)
- Added: PBO - smd_sahrani_a2_scenes - Arma 1 Intro ScenesWIP modified BI misc objects.
- Changed: Feature - Grass and Rock Clutter mixes
- Changed: License - APL-SA now applies to our entire package with the exception of the purchased CGTextures and Vilas Units
sent us an updated version of the Dutch Armed Forces mod
by the DAFmod Team
Quote DAFmod Team :
This modpack adds the Dutch armies and other Dutch content to ArmA2: Combined Operations. The compilation has been constructed with many different addons contributed by members of the BohemiaInteractive (ArmA2) community. The mod is not finished and should be considered a work in progress so use it at your own risk!
- added: intro for most maps, 3 music tracks
- added: compass, GPS and Watch
- added: HMMWV's and KMARN Land Rovers and BMW 7
- added: KMAR YPR, KMAR Flag and VW4 KMAR + Army Camo
- added: The Fox medic in woodland and desert camo
- added: full screen night vision and Remove enemy/friend marker blobs
- updated: CV-9035 and CH47 D-662 texture
- updated: Missions.pbo removed > all missions in missions folder
- updated: Air War over Takistan MP mission
- updated: F-16 pilot animation and proxy
- updated: F-16 uvmap, bumpmap, afterburner animation
- updated: M113 plus YPR texture and replaced broken textures
- updated: missing radio backpack
- updated: Foliage Camouflage System Now v1.0
- removed: cfgmods of camonets addon, stmapbrightness
- removed: DAF_LanciaLunga_MMI, DAF_LanciaCorta_MMI, DAF_LanciaCorta_MMI_M2
Buy the ArmA series
26 members, 734 guests :
, Trader Joe
, W. Therriault