Michel Sander Boonstra submitted
his Knokploeg sound mod for Invasion 1944
This sound mod replaces and adds sounds from movies such as Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, etc to the Invasion 1944 mod to give it that cinematic feel.
- new ambient sounds
- new footsteps, gear and player sounds
- new cannon, explosion, weapons, whizzby sounds
- new vehicle sounds
- new mission voice sounds
released version 1.5 of the Cold War Rearmed² mod
on the Armaholic forums
Quote CWR2 PR :
This is Cold War Rearmed² v1.5 - the result of me working on this giant modification alone because not many of the original team was left, and me tired of waiting for people doing what they have promised to do and then just disappearing without a word.
I’m not trying to badmouth anyone - just before anyone gets some ideas! I just reached a point where I decided that working on my own will progress faster than spending time with waiting and discussions.
Being part of the CWR Mod team, and in the end leading the project to where we are now was great fun, I met many very talented and skilled people. It was a honor to work with them for so many years.
This version was actually planned for the 15th anniversary of OFP back in June (hence 1.5). I then realized that not even the Bohemians are coming up with something special and so I thought by myself “what the eff” and spent the summer outside and forgot about BI, ArmA and even CWR². :-)
One day, when asked if there will be a new version I said "at my current speed, maybe Christmas", and shortly after I thought "why not". And so here we are.
But this is definitely the last release. I spent 10 years on this Modification now and even more time and money on BI games. Only to be slapped in the face and kicked in the ass in return. But that's another idiotic story. Enough is enough, and since I haven’t played ArmA or CWR² since a long time anyway, it's time for me to go.
There's not much new content, but there are a lot of little details I changed either because I didn’t liked them or people reported in the past. Some more units have been added (Russian and US soldiers in Desert variants). The AK rifles from RobertHammer have been removed again and replaced by the old ones because they were too modern for the 80’s. The Resistance has a new machine gun (UK-59). The retarded "beep beep" sound after each radio message has been replaced with something more suitable. The Resistance, Soviet Spetsnaz and some civilian units now featuring random textures, something I wanted to have since years but never figured how to get it done. Now finally the Resistance looks like real partisans and not like some Army running around in all the same Swiss camo pattern. The crappy PMC and ACR Expansions are no more required for the Modification and its Expansions. However, BAF (lite) is still required for the UK and some other Expansions.
I'm pretty sure you all like what you find. A more or less complete changelog can be found here.
Merry Christmas, stay safe and enjoy this fine Modification as long as possible.
Available optional content:
released his VSM - Uniforms
on the BI forums
Hey guys! So heres the first iteration of "VSM - Uniforms". This will be the continuation of what was version 2 beta. This pack contains the Crye gen 3 (nato reworks) and the Massif Combat Uniform (AAF reworks). Also contains custom Mechanix and Blackhawk gloves featured on their respective uniform. Boonie hats, Caps, and backpacks are also included. Designed to work in tandem with my other VSM releases. Vests/Helmets, Accessory, warfighters, weapons and GearPack v1(if used with GearPack be sure to open up the addons folder and delete the spectergear pbo as its redundant with the vests and helmets mod). Many of the camos featured in GearPack are represented here, but reworked to a higher standard. Not all camos will be coming to the uniforms pack, but many still will, as well as many that were not featured in GearPack. I will still be patching GearPack to be error free over the next few weeks, so no worries there.
- Added Boonies and Caps for all camos
- Added OCP Massif Combat Uniforms and Bags
- Added Insignias
- Adjusted carry capacity for Crye uniforms
released his NVA Pack
on the BI forums
Today a new addon premiere - NVA soldiers in UTV suit
In 1986 the East Germans developed a new field uniform that was influences by the experiences of the Soviets in Afghanistan.
The suit was called UTV (Uniformtrageversuch = uniform wearing trial). The camo was the same but the items has new functions and colors.
Many items (belt and hooks) were designed after US uniform items. The field cap was similar to the new soviet cap. Only some parts like
the cap or the crewman suit were introduced in 1989.
The soldiers in this pack are equiped with the WieGer STG940 system that was also planned as replacement for the MPi-74.
released an updated version of his German Civil Pack on the BI forums
This addon represents German civil units and features:
- added: DKW Munga
- added: Unimog
- added: more VW van colors
- added: overall woodlanders, private guard, hunters
- changed: vehicles before 1990 with country patch
- changed: file and editor structure
- fixed: textures, models
released an updated version of his German Weapons Pack
on the BI forums
This pack represents the handguns of the German Police Forces/early Bundeswehr between 1951 - 2012. Most of the models are made by vilas. The SIG 220/226 are from Switzerland Mod. The H&K 4, P7, P30, SIG Sauer P225, Walther P88 and the UZI wooden buttstock made by me.
- Fixed: Grenades, Mines
- Fixed: monster arms (AG40)
- Fixed: FIM43 sound
- Fixed: mag names
- Fixed: G11 mag pulls back
- Fixed: G36LLM01 laser
- Fixed: scopes and optics
- Added: WieGer STG940 series
released his GermA UI File made
on the BI forums
UI File for GermA Addons. Fractions for historical german units.
- German fractions
- German Marker
released an updated version of his German Bundeswehr Troops from the years between 1956 - 1962 on the BI forums
Quote Marseille77 :
This addon presents soldiers of the german Bundeswehr in the year between 1956 - 1962. They weared the splinter camo suit and were equiped with old Wehrmacht/US Army equipment and weapons.
- added: Recon AFV 11-2 (1959 - 1982)
- added: Recon wheeled AFV 2 Luchs A0/A1 (1975 - 1985)
- added: tank crew (1971)
- added: recon crew (since 1978)
- fixed: shadowvolumes, tires and portraits refurbished
- added: Munga jeep LODs
- fixed: better tires for VW 181
released the first beta version of his Map Ruegen (Germany, Baltic Sea)
on the BI forums
Since january 2015 I work on a new Map. I build a part of the isle Rügen in germany. I placed all roads at the exact original position, so that you can navigate around the map with real roadmaps.
More than 200 Models are build to made the map more realistic.
DayZ Ruegen is based on real heightmaps and geodata from the NASA. The map is placed in east germany at the federal-state Mecklenburg Vorpommern. The Isle Rügen is in the balitic sea, near the city Stralsund.
All cities, towns and villages are at the exact position as the original one. All Roads at the exact positions, too. You can navigate at the map with real Maps like “google Maps” or you can buy a map in your local Stores or the internet.
Most buildings are placed at the original place or nearby the orignal one. Some ORIGINAL buildings are made as Models. There are more then 200 new Models build at this point.
More than 355 km² land are to explore and aproximate 300 km² baltic sea.
Some tourist attractions are build as models like the Ernst-Moritz-Arnd Tower or the “rasender Roland” steamtrain. Typical touristplaces placed at the map , like the “Circus” in the town Putbus or the “Koloss from Prora”.
The DAFmod Team
released a new version of the Dutch Armed Forces mod
on the Armaholic fourums
Quote DAFmod Team :
After many years of hard work the day has come to officially release the first complete version of the Dutch Armed Forces module for Arma2:CO!
All that needed to be done has been done with just a few loose ends left that dont stand in the way for you to be able to use this mod to its fullest potential. Therefore without any further abdue. "It gives me great pleasure to introduce to you the Dutch mod for Arma2 in all its glory!".
Everyone enjoy this virtual presentation of the Dutch Armed Forces...Peace!
- added: [MP] Op. Irene, Indian and Hit & Run By TangoDown DAF Edit.
- added: [MP] [ACE] COOP 09 WARPIG By Kolmain DAF Edit.
- added: [MP] XTRA Operation Sandbox DAF edit.
- added: loading screens & music variant
- added: Bushmaster PWS ECM Mag58 APC
- added: officer berret & powerGenerator (15kW)
- added: firedep., red cross, NAVO, EU & Unit. Nations flags
- added: M113 ACAV & ambulance versions
- added: KLM tow tracktor goldhofer & AH-64 mini A2 maps
- added: ground crew orange jacket & firefighter with helmet
- added: LandRover Fire Dep. & ambulance
- added: Wolf GD240 desert camo & grafitti NS train
- updated: Wolf GD240 & G250 textures & config typo
- updated: LandRover & Scania EMS textures
- updated: ANWB Bus & ground grew green jacket textures
- updated: the Fox texture corruption & fennek missing config
- updated: replaced A319 army > civil version
- updated: pilatus smoketrail script
- updated: C-130 DAF cargo positioning & m2 ammobox texture
- updated: vehicle weapon cargo & Bo105 random numbers removed
- updated: apache demopilot texture & missing AH-64 icon
- updated: sakusun brithness increase
- updated: [MP] Insurgency params & F-16 CAS added
- updated: moved men and woman to daf soldier/woodland/desert class
- updated: consolidated readmes into documents xml
- updated: all "Item listed twice" & lots of "updating bassclass" errors
- updated: some unit names / vehicle classnames & duplicate files removed
23 members, 742 guests :
, G. Joel
, Jonas P