Requirements: Arma 2, BAF, PMC, ACR
Island(s): Takistan, Zargabad, Shapur
Playable options: N/A
Date: 2012-08-16 09:52
Downloads / Operation Arrowhead / Scenario / SP missions / Flashpoint: Takistan - Zargabad - Shapur (@)
You are a lone soldier lost in a warzone.
The scenario is completely different every time you play, and can be configured however you like.
Random location, time, weather
Random enemy and Random friendly forces.
Infantry, vehicles and aircraft spawn randomly as the player moves around, or other units are killed.
The mission plays completely differently every time.
This is an instant action mission, your objective is survival, the player is in a dynamic and ongoing warzone that is constantly changing.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder.
* Reduced slightly the number of dead bodies before removal.
* Tweaked the default settings for slightly fewer groups.
*50% of groups Move to a near town, then Guard or Patrol.
The type of strike is random, mortars or heavy guns.
The number of shells per strike is random.
The weight of fire is random.
The aiming error is random.
The strikes take time to arrive, so a moving target might move to safety.
The time between each strike of each faction is random.
The player is trated the same as AI units, no more or less likely to be the target.
All this results in a range of fire missions, from small slow atacks by a single mortar, all the way to a devastating rapid fire heavy barrage from multiple heavy guns.
The Artillery is a work in progress.
Features to be added later: Player designation of targets, Prioritisation of targets, Checking for friendly fire of each barage, Different levels of Arty for each Faction etc.
This Artillery system adds a bit more realistic danger to the battlefield. It was inspired in part by another of my favorite milsims, SteelBeasts. If you stay in the same place too long, you're toast!
Please feedback about the Artillery, let me know if it fits in with how you play the mission etc.
- Fixed: a script error.
- Fixed: Cars in towns now still spawn after you switch sides.
- Fixed: Limit on number of ambient cars, to avoid slowdowns.
- Fixed: Vehicle passengers now exit vehicles during combat.
- Added: Custom civilian cars module, replacing the BIS silvie module.
- Changed: Civilian cars now sometimes contain weapons and ammo.
- Added; Name of current music is shown in stats text.
- Fixed: Commands action removed from dead player.
- Fixed: Field Dressing delay reset after death.
- Changed: Increased number of dead bodies before removal from 50 to 80... feedback about performance please!
- Changed: Death camera effect now much faster, and with different random texts.
- Changed: Reduced time delay when becoming rabbit.
- Added: Sucide Bunny :P
- Changed: (Zargabad version) Reduced player spawn area to the city centre, reduced group spawn range.
- Changed: (Shapur version) Reduced player spawn area to central area.
- Changed: More night time battles on random (random time now from 3am to 8pm not 4am - 7pm).
- Changed: Random Music Function now includes all ArmA2, OA, BAF and PMC tracks.
- Changed: More and more variety of ammo in vehicles.
- Changed: "Security Patrol" Preset is now British forces hunting the Taki Milita, not Taki army vs Guerillas.
- Changed: Newly added team members now default to Wedge formation not diamond (better in the open terrain).
- Changed: Factions...
-Added British Army.
-Added Private Military Contractors.
-Separeated USA and Czech Factions.
-German KSK units are included in the Czech faction.
-Removed BLUFOR Guerillas.
-Combined the Guerilla units into the Takistan Milita faction; So to avoid confusion, ALL takis are now anti NATO!
- Tweaked: Numerous other details adjusted to improve gameplay ;)
- Changed: USA Czech and German forces combined into NATO faction
- Added: UN faction.
- Added: "Spawn Into Unit" after you are killed.
- Fixed: Some Typos.
- Changed: Default spawn range now 300m-800m.
- Fixed: Removed USMC soldier from ArmA2.
- Fixed: Removed Chernarus Dependancy from Intro.
- Fixed: Removed onMapSingleClick debug code.
- BI forums
- Arma 2
Tags: No tags