The Unsung Vietnam War Mod
The Unsung Team
Years in the making countless hours spent editing, changing, testing, editing some more … Well you get the idea.
With the early arrival of Arma 3 our project had to be fast tracked and unfortunately, all of the intended content didn’t make it in this time around. However, with a host of new equipment, countless bug fixes & improvements this has become our most complete and stable release to date.
A series of new enhancements and features have been added Such as, our custom DSAI module which plays dynamic voices in English, Vietnamese and Viet English. Which ,gives you situational awareness of where your team mates are and more importantly where the enemy is whilst in fighting in the thick overgrowth.
Also we have included a series of ambience loops found under triggers making it the most realistic experience yet, featuring combat and environmental loops that the player can add to spice up any mission.
Want to add some ambience to your firebase or outpost camp? Or need something to listen to when your squad is gearing up in MP games? Our virtual radio station pumps out songs with over 80 tracks of commercials and music from the 60’s.All tracks play randomly so no listening session is ever the same. And when you’re out in the boonies our virtual Military Radio station plays real authentic military radio from the Vietnam war through the RTO’s radio pack both east and west sides.
Popular enhancement mods like ACE and ACRE are compatible with our mod. However, They have not been fully tested and may still have some issues. All additional enhancements and features can be found in the attached release notes, so remember to have a look for instructions how to utilise our latest enhancements.
We have also included a self-installer this time around since some community members got confused how to install the mod in our 2.0 release. Now it couldn’t be easier.
While this will be our final release for Arma 2 the team is continuing on to Arma 3. Therefore, no further development will be completed on the A2 engine. Further bug fixes will only occur if this initial release has something major affecting the mod gameplay.
Again we would like to thank the community for the ongoing support over the years and those that helped us along the way.
So hang up your desert fatigues, slap on some camo face paint, load your M16, watch out for Charlie.
Delete any old version you may have installed before installing this 2.5 version!!
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
Unsung Vietnam War Mod docs:
Docs for how to use our modules and special features or download from here: Unsung Vietnam War Mod docs
Credits & Thanks:
The unsung team have would like to thank the other mods and individuals that have again, generously donated their time and effort to expand the Unsung Arsenal. Namely our good friends Aplion, Brainbug, Spockvf101 Myke, Vilas ,Jdog, Foxtrop, Kommiekat, Nettrucker and Nightintruder
Also The Operation Frenchpoint Mod, (Special thanks to Cybergirl and Ikår) and Project 85 mod.
A Special thanks to those whom patiently waited and followed our mod on the forums. We are sure you will find it was worth the wait. There will be some bugs here and there, however we are setting up a bug reporting thread on Dev Heaven shortly. We will endeavor to correct and errors and bugs in our follow up 2.7 patch.
See the included EULA!
- A6 Intruder by Aplion
- E2 Hawkeye (operation French point Mod) Reconfigured to “E2-B” model by HC Pookie
- F105 D & F models by Pookie
- A4 Skyhawk C & E models original model by project 82 mod , remodeled and re textured by Pookie and Brainbug
- Mig 19 – By Pookie
- AH-1G new chin turret with mini-gun and grenade launcher combo & new customized load-outs (HC Pookie)
- 7 new sampan models (HC Pookie)
- 2 New NVA fictitious PBR Patrol boats (HC Pookie)
- New custom made ordinance Kab250, kab500, mk83, mk84, CBU24B Sadeye, BLU bomblet, AGM12C Bull pup, AGM45
Shrike,GBU8 HOBOS, Mk77 Napalm (Myke)
- New targeting interface and custom load out system for all planes (Eggbeast)
- Added new animated barrels and reload animations to M2’s on PBR , m48a3 and Sheridan. (HC Pookie)
- Main guns on Sheridan and M48 now have recoil effects animation. ( HC Pookie)
- Added Shell casings to minguns on the uh1 gunship , ah1 cobra and oh6 cayuse (Eggbeast)
- 4 new uh1c variants , M21 , M6 , TOW, ARA (Pookie)
- PBR upgrades new commanders position with working movable searchlight, other lights for driver and front gunner.
- Added new PBR versions the MK19 Grednade Launcher and Zippo versions. (Pookie)
- Added new uns_missile box (eggbeast)
- M105 an M114 howitzers added (vilas)
- Added new loadouts for all combat jets (Eggbeast)
- Updated support module and radio interface ( Columdrum and Von Knudenberg)
- Now able to switch RTO radio sounds off and on in the field (Columdrum)
- Added NEW extraction module (Columdrum)
- Added 4 new military radio chatter files an extra 25 minutes more (Sav)
- New gun sounds to nearly all weapons in arsenal including authentic magazine reload sounds (Sav)
- Added new internal start up and shutdown sounds to the CH46 & CH53 (Sav)
- Lightened texture on A7 navy version fuselage to match Navy F4E (BrainBug)
- M113 & M163 new texture colours (BrainBug)
- New GUI interface for radio support system , added PRC-25 and PRC-90 (Von Knudenberg & Columdrum)
- Massive unit and vehicle faction clean-up and restructure (Eggbeast)
- Major weapon model upgrade (Vilas, Von Knudenberg and Deman)
- New SNR75 Fan Song Radar array (Pookie)
- 2 new Mig21 variants based of Aplions original F version (Pookie)
- New silencer / Knife scripting certain weapons ( Eggbeast )
- Dustoff / Evac module (Columdrum)
- New M113 variants , M2, M60, Zippo, M106 mortar carrier, M1919, ACAV versions with side m60 gunners ( Pookie)
- 3 new Type 55 APC variants ( Pookie)
- Water Buffalo ( Von Knudenberg)
- New CH34 M60 version for usmc and ARVN sides (Pookie)
- New ARVN rangers faction (Bigstone & Von Knudenberg )
- 2 new Islands Phu Bai and Meekong Delta (Showmaker)
- 2 new mobile arty guns m107 and m110 ( Pookie )
- USMC Amtrac (PGI)
- Ch-54 Tarhe heavy lift chopper (Pookie)
- New M-151 willy jeep models (Vilas / Pookie)
- Folding wings on all navy planes -Auto initialised when on carrier deck – (Pookie)
- New animated flight surfaces on planes (Pookie)
- New randomised nose and tail art for uh1 gunships – (Bigstone)
- New random numbering/Pics and clutter items on m113 fleet ( Pookie)
- New Custom hand animations for unsung rifles and SMG’s ( Von Knudenberg )
- New Tunnel complex (Von Knudenberg )
v1.0 Public Alpha
- First Alpha Release
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- Community Base Addons
- Arma 2: Combined Operations compatibility MP patch (ACR lite)
- Arma 2