Here's a brief summary of what's included, check the wiki for a full list of units objects weapons and ammunition:
United States - 1st & 29th Infantry Division, 5th Ranger Battalion, 82nd & 101st Parachute Infantry Regiment.
British - Infantry Airborne Division, British Commandos.
Germany - Heer, Heer-Camoflagued, Fallschirmjäger, Schutzstaffel.
With over 30 infantry weapons.
30+ German vehicles - including tanks, recon vehicles and troop carriers.
20+ Allied vehicles - including tanks, recon vehicles, troop carriers and landing craft.
15+ Allied Axis fighters, bombers and transport planes
Omaha V2 (Greatly enhanced and expanded)
Merderet V2 (Re-imagined and expanded)
Merderet Winter Version
Battle of the Bulge map by prowler
Neaville by McNools
40 MP Missions
15 SP Missions
Over an hour of original music by SFG
Weapon Resting (automatic or manual)
Prone AT Weapon Firing
Custom Weapon Animations (holding and reloading)
New movement animations (jumping, crouch sliding etc)
New detailed player wounding system
Overhauled In-game User interface
Crew served weapons (Moving/Rotating static weapons, adding/removing ammo, mounting/unmounting weapons on tripods)
Crate vehicle-loading system
Tank damage and immersion system
New Tank HUD
New cursor- name tag system
New main menu UI
Installation: This is the full version 2.666 of the Invasion 1944 - D-Day mod!!
This archive contains all patches released up until patch version 2.666 hotfix!
With this full version 2.666 you also need the Invasion 1944 - D-Day Patch #5 (v2.666 hotfix 2) and than you will have an up to date Invasion 1944 - D-Day version!
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Included .pbo files:
To many to list
This mod requires both ArmA2 AND Operation Arrowhead to be installed as Combined Operations to work as intended. It will not work on a standalone ARMA2 or Operation Arrowhead installation as it uses many content and features from both.
If you find any issues with this release, or just want to give us some feedback, please visit our Dev-Heaven site to report bugs and issues directly to the team dev-heaven.net/projects/inv44
If you'd like to contact us, visit our public forums at the link below, you can also find news on future releases, community events, groups, and mission releases: http://forum.invasion-1944.com/
Credits & Thanks:
-The Team & Contributors- (Alphabetically)
Many thanks to:
All former active members of Invasion 1944 that contributed to any release(s) (OFP, ArmA1, ArmA2 etc), together we've created well over 95% of what is featured in this release ourselves.
Marfy in particular - for all his vehicles.
As well as (among others) - Klallo, Sebastian Müller, Rufus, Matthias Putzer, Zwadar, Jean Christophe, Joker etc.
Kelly's Heroes http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/ - for providing us with a dedicated server and a few bodies to help test the mod and our MP missions!
The Silent Warriors squad http://www.silent-warriors.co.uk and their admins Thumper & Wasp - For providing us with a dedicated server to test on, as well as their members for testing!
ShackTactical http://dslyecxi.com/shacktac.html - for helping with MP testing!
6th Airborne Division http://6th-ad.co.uk/index.php - also for helping to test the mod.
Rewan - Help on how to use some mission related scripts.
Armedassault.info http://armedassault.info - For constantly posting news about our mod, hosting our forum and for hosting the release(s).
ArmAholic http://www.armaholic.com - For constantly posting news about our mod.
Old Bear and Foxhound - For making those newsposts available.
Hans Ludwig, Makabi, Dinamarth - For posting feedback on our forums.
Duggedank, DocMcJansen, and Forgotten Honor - For setting up, and recording the German radio/DAC voices, its great to finally get those Russian voices out of the German faction! Especially Alan "DocMcJansen" McKinley for actually recording all those lines of dialogue!
Mark "Stronkie" Stronks - For all his help, great mission making/modifying skills and support with organising Forgotten Honor and general awesome support of the mod!
Darrell "Jman" Martin - For helping setup the installers, distribution, running servers, teamspeak, and general all round support of the mod and organisation of Kelly's Heroes!
Dan "Dark Fenix" Kirk - For suggesting we add an ice cream truck... see I told you I'd remember one day!
Waxbutter - For providing us with his British Infantry, Cromwell and BMW sidecar motorcycle units!
Dimitri Harov - For his flamethrower scripts and other support and assistance.
Krätzer - For his Flamethrower from the Pacific mod, and all his support along the way!
All others that posted on our forum.
And everyone else we forgot.
- [2.66] NEW Parachute module for automated removal (No module = no parachutes on ground, Module = parachutes on ground, default is to disappear after 5 minutes, Module w/ init line "I44_parachute_life = XXX;" - parachute on ground, disappears after XXX seconds, Module w/ init line "I44_parachute_life = -1"; - parachute on ground, does not disappear
- [2.66] NEW 2D/3D scope switching for all 3D scope enabled rifles
- [2.66] NEW SdKfz 124 Wespe added to GE Heer - Armor
- [2.66] NEW Tiger textures
- [2.66] NEW Bunker + Trench objects on Omaha_v2
- [2.66] NEW Omaha_v2 Updated with WN stations and more roads
- [2.66] NEW Construction system overhauled (increased build time, proper foxhole available)
- [2.66] NEW Construction engineer value added (I44_BG_builder true/false enables non-engineer classed units to build heavy items)
- [2.66] NEW MG42 Bipod for tobruk bunkers added
- [2.66] NEW German General added to GE Heer faction
- [2.66] NEW Pak40 Pintle Casemate static added (for placement inside bunkers, limited 60 degree turning arc)
- [2.66] NEW New rounds for Sherman and M1 AT guns (such as Canister shot)
- [2.66] NEW ANTI-TURNOVER TANK v1.0, By Miguel Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org - Murcielago_ESP) added to Armor Module
- [2.66] NEW Hull turn towards enemy script for Arma 2 by schaefsky added to Armor Module
- [2.66] FIXED Various animation source missing errors
- [2.66] FIXED Transparent helmets + gear
- [2.66] FIXED Panther hull turning transparent in smoke
- [2.66] FIXED Sherman Firefly turned out rotation
- [2.66] FIXED Churchill fire geometry
- [2.66] FIXED Mines not damaging armored vehicles
- [2.66] FIXED Tank max speeds
- [2.66] FIXED Tanks damage reverting to full when hit
- [2.66] FIXED Mortar roadway area reduced
- [2.66] FIXED Parachute far LOD color
- [2.66] FIXED Static objects (bunkers, foxholes, trenches) improved geometry + pathways
- [2.66] FIXED AI base skill levels improved
- [2.66] FIXED Many classnames corrected/added for map objects
- [2.66] FIXED Many tank geometry's fixed
- [2.66] FIXED Belgian Gates (element C's) no longer produce house rubble when destroyed
I44_COOP_Easy_Red_1-64_v2-66.I44_Omaha_v2 - Brand new 64 player Co-op, players are tasked with capturing and clearing the WN stations along Easy Red Beach on D-Day. Should see much better performance than previous D-Day missions!
All Battlegrounds C&H updated to v2.66 with the following changes:
-TPW Suppression updated to latest release
-Teleport to squad leader available from ALL flags
-Construction added, assault and engineer classes have shovels which can be used for building defensive objects, only engineers can build sandbags and hedgehogs
-Rebalanced vehicle selection on all maps
-Removed crew check due to performance issues, vehicle spawn locations adjusted
-Markers should now only appear on Recruit/Regular difficulty modes
-Diary updated with accurate information and tips on gameplay
-Weapon loadouts overhauled for better balance and mix of equipment
-Lots of performance improvements for scripts should see much better server FPS
NOTE: Two versions of the 100 player C&H Omaha Invasion mission included, v2.66a with landing sequence, and v2.66b with Rangers starting on the beach. Version 2.66a is the intended version, but in case landing sequence degrades performance v2.66b has been included.
KNOWN ISSUES: Older missions set on Omaha beach may not function correctly/at all with the updated map, use old missions at your own risk!
- [2.65] NEW Ambulance units (I44_Car_G_Kfz1_GrayOpen_Medic_WH, I44_Car_B_WillysAB_Medic_Army, I44_Car_A_WillysMB_Medic_Army)
- [2.65] NEW Warfare salvage and supply trucks (I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Warfare_Salvage_WH, I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Warfare_Supply_WH, I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Warfare_Salvage_Army, I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Warfare_Supply_Army)
- [2.65] NEW Improved behind armor effects on low caliber rounds
- [2.65] NEW Sherman tanks cannon gyro-stabilizers
- [2.65] FIXED BMW75 Bike wheels
- [2.65] FIXED Zeroing options removed from AT weapons
- [2.65] FIXED Hetzer main cannon name
- [2.65] FIXED Infantry standing close/boarding tanks registering as a hit
- [2.65] FIXED Some issues with armor penetration system
- [2.65] FIXED Churchill tank disappearing at distance
- [2.65] FIXED Churchill and Cromwell not working correctly with penetration system
- [2.65] FIXED Missing/incorrect file reference for shell bouncing sound
- [2.65] FIXED Top mounted MG's on tanks could be fired while turned in on tanks that did not have interior controls
- [2.65] FIXED Tank cannon recoil
- [2.65] FIXED Hanomag with GrW34 not working with Artillery computer
All Battlegrounds C&H updated to v2.65 with the following changes:
-TPW Suppression updated to latest release (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143797-TPWCAS-TPWC-AI-Suppression-System)
-Squad leader teleport available from main base flag
-Armored vehicle side crew checks (can no longer drive enemy armor)
-Rebalanced vehicle selection
-Diary updated with accurate information and tips on gameplay
NOTE: Two versions of the 100 player C&H Omaha Invasion mission included, v2.65a with landing sequence, and v2.65b with Rangers starting on the beach. Version 2.65a is the intended version, but in case landing sequence degrades performance v2.65b has been included.
- [2.64] NEW Tank damage system overhaul by Animosity242.
- [2.64] NEW Doctor, and AT units added to Resistance, all units given backpacks.
- [2.64] NEW Panzerfaust 100 units added to German Factions.
- [2.64] NEW Fallschirmjager winter faction added to Germans.
- [2.64] FIXED Universal Carrier now takes damage.
- [2.64] FIXED Churchill front hatches added, commander view.
- [2.64] FIXED Panzer IV exploding on its own/small arms fire.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther & Tiger gear change volume corrected.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther distant texture, commander position, gunner sight foliage.
- [2.64] FIXED SdKfz234/2 Commander turned out view.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer missing portrait.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer gunner sights.
- [2.64] FIXED Sherman Wading tank mis-named DD.
- [2.64] FIXED Halftrack and Ju52 missing sounds.
- [2.64] FIXED Fallschirmjager texture appearing too bright.
- [2.64] FIXED G43 rear sight widened.
- [2.64] FIXED Backblast smoke reduced (should decrease lag and slow fps).
- [2.64] FIXED Slightest of tweaks to Thompson recoil.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville Winter distant green colour.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville foliage geometry's credit: Robster.
- [2.64] FIXED Omaha_v2 and Neaville weather configs.
- [2.64] FIXED Chernarus (and other maps) weather and sea issues.
I44_C&H_Battleground_100_v103D.MCN_Neaville - Expanded 50v50 player Neaville mission.
I44_C&H_Battleground_100_v104b.I44_Omaha_v2 - D-Day Invasion 50v50 beta (still a WIP), works slightly different read the briefing for information!
All 1.03D Battlegrounds updated with the following:
-New class loadouts
-Fixed vehicle respawn when damaged/abandoned
-Added unit markers (both sides) visible in Recruit/Regular difficulty modes
-Couple other odd tweaks and fixes that should improve gameplay
Armor damage overhaul:
The new Tank Damage system incorporates a level of realistic armor penetration features not seen before in a first-person game.
Research stems from countless historical manuals, modern research books, and historical accounts.
Impact Obliquity (Shots that impact at angles other than straight on, including rounded gun mantlets)
Shell Type (AP, APC, APCBC, APCBCHE, HEAT (shaped-charge), HE, APCR)
Behind Armor Effects are also calculated for shell types, caliber, and velocity.
Crew Wounding based on shot placement
Crew Compartment Fires
- fixed Hanomag missing sound.
- fixed Trucks missing sound.
- fixed Lee Enfield Bayonet turning into K98k.
- fixed External view on PzII, added cargo spots.
- fixed Cargo bugs on PzIV.
- fixed PzIV (S) damage from small-arms fixed.
- changed Added variable to enable medic class in missions (e.g. battleground) on non-medic units. Syntax: unitname setVariable ["I44_BG_Healer",false,true]; (enables healing on a unit), unitname setVariable ["I44_BG_Healer",true,true]; (enables full medic class medical kits do not deplete when used), unitname setVariable ["I44_BG_Healer",false,false]; (unit healing disabled).
- new Added weights to all weapons, items and magazines. Code: I44_weight = ##
- new Set grenade deflecting to 0; this makes them actually not jump around once they hit the ground.
- new Added Canuk's grenade spin script.
- new Satchel model for throwable explosives.
- new Neaville Winter, new snowed version of map by McNools.
I44_SP_Landing_v2.I44_Omaha_v2.pbo - 144 Groups error fixed (included again to ensure its correct version).
I44_coop_Misdrop_1-20.MCN_Neaville - new mission from McNools, large scale JIP Co-op across Neaville.
i44_coop_hill93_1-30_v1-1.MCN_Neaville - fixed 'Officer' unit, now vulnerable to damage.
All Battlegrounds now include our wounding system available via the User Interface,
TPW Suppression and Line of Sight scripts (currently using script version 3.04 due to some issues with more recent versions, will update/integrate better in future, if needed they can simply be disabled by altering the init.sqf and commenting out or removing the two script calls).
Capture positions rebalanced with re-arm points at each flag.
Each side now has 5 groups of 5 units in an effort to improve teamplay, groups currently preset, will add custom groups if there is a deman for it).
Generally these versions are more focused for PvP games and its suggested you turn AI off, as they don't function ideally with the environments on certain maps (bridges), and the player wounding system but should provide nice filler for smaller groups or even Players vs AI on one side.
Some other small fixes and tweaks, any feedback on these versions would be appreciated over on our public forums or BI topic.
- New: Panzerfaust 60 and 30 models by Kraetzer
- New: panzerfaust sound
- New: Backblast smoke from AT launchers
- New: British winter infantry
- New: Panther G model with various additions to crew anims, random appearence etc.
- New: Improved melee scripts, attaching bayonet automatically engages bayonet charge mode now (Shift+1/2 no longer required)
- New: Tank interior sounds
- New: PanzerII model
- New: Flying debris on explosions
- New: Sounds overhaul for vehicles, weapons, explosions and sonic cracks
- New: Main menu appearance and loading screen
- New: Neaville map by McNools
- New: Merderet_V2 map with various improvements, new locations and fixes
- New: Lee Enfield rifle model replaced (credits: BI)
- New: Luftwaffe Pilots by Yac
- New: Tank HUD
- Added: M1 Garand, Carbines, and M1919A4/6 updated models and textures by Yac
- Added: New M1A1 Thompson model by Babylonjoke
- Added: New G43 model by Macolik and Yac
- Added: New PzIV_D model by Vex_Man and Macolik
- Added: swapped out colt model with BI's colt
- Added: Machinegunner M1919A6's to all US Airborne factions
- Added: Multiple sights to Thompson, M1 Garand+M7 Grenade launcher, SMLE No. 4 scoped, press optics key (/ on Numpad by default) to switch optics
- Fixed: multiple ground parachute models in mp
- Fixed: fixed NVG skeleton selection (glasses position) on Airborne units.
- Fixed: ViewLOD on german camo infantry (head was visible)
- Fixed: Errors in churchill geo LOD
- Fixed: Tracks not moving on winter Tiger VI (porsche)
- Fixed: Various improvements to weapon resting scripts made
- Fixed: Weapon resting in vehicles
- Fixed: weapon rest icon sticking on after death
- Fixed: modified merderet winter intro in hopes of preventing "man inside of man" bug
- Fixed: Tank cannon smoke overhauled
- Fixed: M4 Shermans suspension fixed
- Fixed: M4 Sherman slightly corrected geometry lod
- Fixed: New sight for Sherman periscopes (all positions except for gunner).
- Fixed: Cleaned up cromwell/churchill gun sight
- Fixed: wheat clutter object
- Fixed: merderet_V1 uv error fixed, wheat fixed, texture mask improved. (v1 and v2)
- Fixed: merderet_winter texture mask improved, floating building & uv error fixed,
- Fixed: I44_man_g_winter fixed proxy positions (iron sights now work correctly)
- Fixed: corrected engineer base classes (wrong model)
- Fixed: added 250rnd mags for mg42, 30cal, vickers to crates, all faction backpacks rebalanced
- Fixed: lee-enfield bayonet not attachable
- Fixed: PzKpfwIV_G - corrected Fire Geometry
- Fixed: radio backpacks (now carry primary ammo + grenades)
- Fixed: all backpack contents overhauled
- Fixed: fixed FTHUD for both merderet_v1 and _v2
- Fixed: several issues with Armor module corrected
The following new and updated missions make use of the TPWC AI Suppression and LOS scripts by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T && Ollem (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system).
New Single Player Missions:
-Path to Neaville parts 1, 2, and 3 by McNools
-Meatgrinder by Macolik
New Multi-player Missions:
-Path to Neaville part 1 by McNools
-Hill 93 by McNools
-Trial By Fire by Pac
-Operation Murkz By Murkz
-Hedgerow by Pac
-Bridging the Gap by Pac
-Panther Pack by Macolik
UPDATED Multi-player Missions:
-Brecourt By Pac
-The Ambush by Macolik
-Crossing Pont by Pac (converted from Merderet)
- [2.61] FIXED M1 Garand Bayonet 'ping' on empty.
- [2.61] FIXED Throwable Satchels named differently to placed.
- [2.61] FIXED German mortar crew now carry correct base-plate item.
- [2.61] FIXED SMLE No.4 bayonet now attachable.
- [2.61] FIXED Display names now display after respawn.
- [2.61] FIXED Healing module second heal no longer bandages again if already bandaged.
- [2.61] FIXED StuG/H Loaded MG iron sight position.
- [2.61] FIXED US Norrin Revive calls volume corrected.
- [2.61] FIXED Armor module turned out sounds fixed.
- [2.61] FIXED Basic AI Healing added.
- [2.61] FIXED Kfz305 cargo crate positions fixed.
- [2.61] FIXED King Tiger few small fixes (NOTE: track still not animated).
- [2.61] CHANGED Bolt action chambering speed increased.
- [2.61] CHANGED Rifle grenade reload speed matched to animation.
- [2.61] CHANGED Healing module notifications should now be clearer when healed, failed to heal etc.
- [2.61] CHANGED Hand signals interface updated.
- [2.61] CHANGED Num-pad quick hand signale keys can be disabled.
- [2.61] CHANGED Tiger tank turret turn speed increased.
- I44_SP_Landing_v2.I44_Omaha_v2.pbo - 144 Groups error fixed.
- I44_COOP_abottleofbeer_1-16_v1.Zargabad.pbo - Corrected Loading screen, tweaked unit loadouts, removed DAC markers.
- I44_COOP_Aloft_1-32_v1-8.I44_Omaha_v2.pbo - Debug camera removed.
- I44_COOP_CrossPoint_1-16_v0-3.I44_merderet.pbo - Tweaks to DAC attack waves.
- I44_COOP_D-Day_1-32_v1-9.I44_Omaha_v2.pbo - Debug camera removed.
- I44_COOP_OpTarbrush_1-4_v1-7.I44_Omaha_v2.pbo - Debug camera removed.
- I44_COOP_Verteidigen_1-32_v1-3.I44_Omaha_v2.pbo - Debug camera removed, "failed" objective now completes, tweaks to DAC attack waves.
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2016 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.