This map, inspired by the afghanistan mountain region ToraBora, has altitudes ranging from aprox 2000 to 2750m. A remote and barren outback enviroment. The base of the map is the heightmap of my previous project Aiaktalik, altough reworked, tweaked and modified. The overall height of the map is reduced and roughened up. Also the sat map is completely redone to suit the Takistan textures i've used from OA. Furthermore all objects used so far are all from OA aswell, rocks, trees, bushes etc.
This Sandbox Edition is the first release of this ToraBora map. It's not completely finished yet, roads and more human features should still be added. It does however offer mission makers a sandbox environment to build upon. Mission makers could add outposts, bases and even villages with the appropriate modules like RTE etc. Apart from the vast humanly untouched terrain there are this time two villages to be found.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
Included .pbo files:
This is a signed addon, serveradmins can download the serverkey from here.
* Improved config (tnx to PvPScene)
* Tweaked sat / mask map (big yellow dry grass fields are gone)
* Two caves added in the west of the big mountain (Ai doesnt like them unfortunally...)
* v2 signature signed
* Propably more but i forgot
* Roads are a bit smoothed
* Support Alice module, Takistan civilians can now be auto spawned
* Tweaked sat & mask map, still some minor flaws here and there though
* Added Takistan sky textures, horizon is removed (somehow takistan horizon will not work)
* Cleaned up towns, most building should be clear of objects and ground now
* Less big rocks
* More boulders
* Added seventh and last village
* Added road network
* Tweaked outside map texture
* Only released on the six updater, small fixes
* Added 3 towns (total of 6)
* Added keypoints / map location names
* Reduced ammount of tall pinus trees, changed distibution of all tall pinus trees
* Increased ammount of small rocks
* Added several ponds
* Added town in th south of the map
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
Tags: No tags