we are proud that we can announce the release of updated CSLA Mod for Arma 2: Combined Operations, which finally includes an extensive singleplayer campaign, codenamed '89.
Way to this "more or less" the last release for A2:CO was long and full of surprises.
Along with the work on the other stunning addons, singleplayer and multiplayer missions, we were working on the largest campaign ever, for more than a year.
When we look into our dev-log, we see there more than 1600 hours (without testing) spent on the editing of this mega-project.
When I look into the past, a lot of interesting things happened during this period.
One of our team members build own villa, another team member completely destroyed his PC as his water cooling system leak a water into the case.
Another one become married and three months ago, his wife born him a beautiful son.
Unfortunately, we also lost one good and young friend which was a great fan of CSLA Mod from the old OFP times.
Therefore, the campaign is dedicated to him.
Rest in peace Ondrej.
But, back to the release ...
Along with the campaign are in the updated Mod included also new vehicles and other features.
Just to be short, I will point out on the soviet submarine Class OSCAR II, K-349 "Dnepr", which is our small flashback to the OFP times.
As a bonus in this release you may also find two vehicles which are not from the Cold War Era.
We added the "digital" MiG-29AS and (already retired) Mi-24V of Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic as a honor to our history - this year is 69. anniversary of Slovak national uprising during the WWII.
And yes, we will probably add more equipment of this faction in the future (A3?) .. who knows
Now few words to the SP/MP missions ...
As you probably saw in the past, some of the SP missions are locked by default.
In this case, you need to play and finish other SP missions to enable this locked content.
Note that many of the missions contains random elements or procedures, so they can be playable more than two times.
And note that also some of the missions required also ACR DLC (can be also Lite), mainly due to "summer island".
Operation Venkov is another unique piece in our large collection of playable content.
This mission is originaly created as a large MP COOP, therefore you will find it's two (one for the ACR DLC) versions in the list of MP missions and also two modified versions are included in the list of SP missions.
Note that in this case you are not able to use any respawn (in SP version), so it's recommended only to the hard-core players ... because "if you see the flash, it's already late"
And what you may expect from the campaign?
As we announced before, campaign contains more than 60 missions(!) and is released as one large pack (not divided into any packages ... everybody knows )
The story and the background of a campaign reflects to some real events which were happened in the past.
Note that we didn't want to follow the same background as was in old campaign for OFP (it's impossible of course), but we believe that we created another splendid piece.
Player will go through the campaign with few different characters such is rifleman, paratrooper, pilot etc. and he will be faced to many decisions in various situations/missions.
Then, according to these decisions, different advances through the mission (or through whole new missions) will follow.
This means, that the campaign is not strictly linear - can be played for many times and as the situations in many missions are generated randomly, player has at least (put-your-number-here-according-your-skills) hours of playing time
Campaign can be finished in three different endings which are more or less the same for each part of the story.
This release of campaign is without any dubbing, but there is the plan to record it in the future.
So, we are looking for any constructive feedback.
I hope, I don't miss on something in these "few" words ...
... hope, you will enjoy the campaign with all the new stuff in CSLA Mod!
Run the .exe installer. This small application will install all needed files for the CSLA MOD.
During this installation will be created also separate mod folder called "@CSLA".
Here you can find also PDF ReadMe file and Editor's Reference Manual.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
Credits & thanks:
MAA, Faly, EMSI, Yano.t11, TheSun, Hurby
Luki, Mato, Martinius, Pochyst
Betatest ver. 2.00:
Shadow NX, Soul Assassin, T.S.C.Plage, W0lle, AKM
Betatest ver. 2.10:
CSLA team, Luki
Betatest ver. 2.20:
CSLA team, Luki
Betatest ver. 2.25 and campaign Betatest:
CSLA team, Luki, hurvo, Sarge
Bohemia Interactive ‐ specialy:
Edge, Str, Gugla, Armored Sheep, Petka, Chose, Sleeper, Maruk
Rygugu (original author of M60A3)
W0lle (CWR Mod)
GMS (original author of Kozlice for CWR)
Vilas (original author of SVD)
Tomáš Hanich and KVH ČSLA in Piešťany (http://www.kvh‐csla.sk)
Tomáš Daněk and KVH ČSLA Kolín ‐ Pardubice (http://www.csla.cz)
Pavel Vladyka (http://www.csla.cz)
Miro Hornik (material for R‐129)
Special thanks belong to our wives and girlfriends, children, families and friends who kept supporting us during
the months which we spent by working on this project. We sincerely hope that they will keep supporting us in
- OT-62 TOPAS (CSLA)
- K-349 „Dnepr“ (Russia)
- MiG-29AS Fulcrum (AFSR)
- Mi-24V Hind (AFSR)
New singleplayer campaign '89:
- more than 60 missions
- different advances and large variability in completion of tasks
- various ending according to the decisions of player
- three playable factions
New singleplayer missions:
- Bomberman (DLC ACR is required)
- One shot, one kill (DLC ACR is required)
- Operation Venkov
- Operation Venkov ACR (DLC ACR is required)
- Shooting star (DLC ACR is required)
- Tit for tat
New multiplayer missions:
- Operation Venkov (COOP 10)
- Operation Venkov (COOP 10) (DLC ACR is required)
- Warfare for ported Sahrani
- new PBO files for AFMC and FIA
- new scripts in standalone PBO
- new standalone object: Radiostation R-129
- new standalone components for radiostation R-129 (antenna and batteries)
- trowel now added also to AFMC units: they can dig a foxholes
- added model for Sa-61 with silencer and released butt
- added action for releasing of butt on Sa-61
- fixed radius for rotation on DANA
- various fixes in MP missions
- various small fixes on models
- fixes in strings and scripts
- added "BIS_vapour" effects on all planes
- replenish of empty positions in static weapons once the gunner died
- added action for opening of cargo doors on Mi-24
- BMP-1: allowed searchlight for commander
- Svatava a DTP-90: disabled opening of upper hatches
ShKH‐77 DANA (CSLA)
BPzV-1 Svatava (CSLA)
F-5E Tiger II fighter (AFMC)
F-5E Tiger II CAS (AFMC)
New singleplayer missions:
Showcase CSLA (locked by default)*
Showcase AFMC (locked by default)*
Showcase FIA (locked by default)*
Support (demo from campaign '89)
Flying circus (demo from campaign '89)
Rumburak (demo from campaign '89)
Gambit (demo from campaign '89)
Long hand (demo from campaign '89)
*you need to finish other SP missions first to unlock this content
Winchester 1300 (AFMC)
FN FAL with Trilux/ANPVS-4 (AFMC)
SVD with NSPU (CSLA)
Sa-58 with NSPU (CSLA)
all units of the AFMC faction are completely new together with gear and items
new backpacks for AFMC
new helmets on CSLA riflemen/motoriflemen
improvement of textures on CSLA units
new unarmed units of CSLA faction (prisoners)
new animations for holding of Uk-59, Minimi, W1300 and many other weapons
- added new addons of vehicles Praga V3S in various versions (see Editor's Reference Manual)
- added new addons of wooden barricades
- added 3 new SP missions: Convoy, In the shadows, Hold position
- this specific tool/weapon can be transported in the cargo space of vehicles
- can be also added to any unit as the secondary weapon
- when the axe is available, an new action menu items will appear
- now you can select the option to build wooden barricades with 3, 4 or 10 trunks
- known bug: building of barricades is now available also on the desert or on the land w/o trees
Fixes and updates:
- fixed various strings
- fixed issue with identification of factions while using scripts for automatic filling of bunkers
- fixed issue with smokeshells
- fixed issue with service truck for the AFMC faction
- fixed issue with game crashing while using CSLA ammo crates in mission (mainly after load/autoload)
- fixed config for magazines of OP-63 (compatibility with A.C.E.)
- extended cargo space for backpacks in various vehicles
- updated Editor's Reference Manual
- fixed problem in scripts for both bunkers
- fixed wrong scripts for both bunkers in CSLA and AFMC configs
- fixed sound for cannon of T-72 tanks
- fixned animation for T-72 driver
- fixed model of magazine for RPG-7V
- changed string for RPG-7V
- adjusted optics for RPG-7V
- fixed config for T-21 (static and in OT-65A)
- updated Editors Reference Manual
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- Arma 2