Schwemlitz is a 5x5km terrain centered around the town of Schwemlitz located 20km from the former inner german boarder. Encompassing rolling wheat and asparagus fields, thick forests and small farming towns the terrain provides a suitable battlespace for modern and cold war era missions. The terrain and the encompassed towns are designed to be as realistic as possible. The layout of the towns and the buildings are taken from real world data and modeled the best of our ability in the ARMA2 engine. The terrain eschews the ARMA2 clutter system in favor of clutter objects to allow rendering of grasses and crops from orders of magnitude further distances. In addition forest microterrain has been slightly exaggerated to provide a realistic level of cover in forested environments and maximize gameplay potential. While the terrain was designed with infantry centric gameplay it will also serve both armor and mechanized missions in the sweeping fields in the north of the map.
- 5x5km 1:1 real world terrain
- Micro Terrain Forests
- All Buildings Enterable
- 1 Large Realistic Town
- 3 Small Realistic Towns
- 3 Realistic Hamlets
- 1 Rail Station / Light Industrial Center
- 2km rail line on embankment
- Numerous small irrigation ponds
- 6km long system of irrigation canals
- Realistic street signs
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Included .pbo files:
Q: What's the grid zone designation?
A: 31U PD
1. There is a weird shadow/colorization on some of the trees at range under certain lighting conditions. We are working with the author to fix this.
2. The skybox in the North and East has non existent mountains in it.
Please report any issues on our Dev-Heaven page.
There is work on a new grass object. But there is no time estimate on when it will be done.
We've spent a lot of time working on this and we're happy to finally be able to share this with the community. Please let us know what you think and feel free to post any suggestions/criticisms, we're always looking to improve our terrain!
Credits & Thanks:
German Authenticity Team:
Arma2 Map Maker Channel
- Filesize reduced by 30 Mb.
- Texture layer size changed to 40.0x40.0
- Added in three types of fallen trees in forest.
- Extended Rail line in north to east edge of map.
- Revised Probien buildings.
- New ground textures for worked fields.
- Updated SatMap accuracy and colors.
- Numerous Minor Town improvements (moving a gate here, a garbage can there).
- [Removed] Carraigdubh Objects (Dependancies reduced by 500mb+)
- [Added] Added trees to forest edge in trees on west end of Schwemlitz
- [Added] Added trees near pond areas in Schlagte
- Wheat fields no longer display as forest on the map
- removed two grass objects from middle of road south of Schwemlitz
- moved a shed up 2cm to let people walk in it.
- BI forums
- MBG Buildings 3 - European Theatre
- mikebart's Vegetation