Community Base addons A3
What does the name Community Base Addons mean? It is a system that:
- Offers a range of features for addon-makers and mission designers.
- Aims to have community wide acceptance and to be used as much as possible by community addons to maintain compatibility.
- The community is very much encouraged to request or submit functionality
- The most obvious example would be to submit functions to be included in the CBA function library.
- Extended Eventhandlers (XEH)
- Function and Macro Libraries
- Key Management
- Custom Events System
- Author and Credits system (Displayed during Main Menu and Pause Menu)
- Nil Check
- Help System
- Versioning System
- UI System
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Online wiki at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki
Online function library reference at http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/
Credits & Thanks:
CBA Team, with contributions of:
- Dr EyeBall
Special thanks to:
- Mikero - for his excellent PBO tools and support
- The community - for testing, feedback, mass adoption
- ACE team - for contributions, mass adoption and testing opportunity
- Dev-Heaven - for project hosting, issue tracker. https://dev-heaven.net
- SIX Updater - for hosting and distributing development versions. http://play.withsix.com
- Bohemia Interactive - for creating the ultimate simulation
- Big thanks to ViperMaul, BarmArmy and Rocko for their work on the conversion.
- FIXED: CBA_fnc_taskPatrol not showing properly in the BIS_fnc_help viewer - killswitch
- FIXED: CBA_A3 RC1: XEH no longer works for Ammo boxes - killswitch
- IMPROVED: Optimize all dynamic code from Call Compile Format to the missionNamespace setVariable method - ViperMaul
- ADDED: New event handlers supported: InventoryClosed, InventoryOpened and SoundPlayed. - killswitch
- ADDED: New Keybinding System (74765) - Taosenai
- FIXED: CBA_A3 interferes with Arma3's weather sync values - ViperMaul
- FIXED: CBA_fnc_isTurnedOut relies on animation name ending in out (74432) - killswitch - thanks LordHeart
- FIXED: Fixed Parachute Explosion when landing too fast. As well as other EH fixes (74393) - killswitch
- IMPROVED: Slight improvements in EventHandlers - killswitch
- IMPROVED: Per-Frame Handler (PFH) is now based off the BIS stacked event handler system - killswitch
- IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_getFov function (74230) - Thanks ceeeb
- IMPROVED: Revert hack for HashSet designed for Arma 3 Alpha - no longer needed for Arma 3 Final - ViperMaul
- BI forums