Tao Folding Map
Tao Folding Map will allow you to toggle a usefully-large map anytime in game by pressing Shift-Map (default 'm'). It will automatically close when you open the big map or open your gear. Of course it does not restrict your movement or anything.
A paper version is also available via userconfig.
It is unique in that it is not centered on your current position. Instead, it is 'folded' into areas. This lets you keep a continuous perspective on the battlefield. The page is changed automatically when you cross over the edge.
You can zoom in and out by pressing Shift-Ctrl-Zoom In/Out (default 'Numpad +/-').
You can change to a night mode by pressing Shift-Ctrl-Nightvision (default 'n'). Sorry, the map is not perfect -- some colors are hardcoded it seems.
If you have a GPS or are playing on Regular or lower, your position will be shown. Map markers are shown.
ADMINS: YOU MUST UPDATE THE KEY IF GOING FROM 2.1 -> 2.3.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
This is a signed addon, serveradmins can download the key from here
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Armaholic.com on Youtube
Show folding map: Shift-Map (default 'm')
Change zoom level: Shift-Ctrl-Zoom In/Out (default 'Numpad +/-')
Night mode: Shift-Ctrl-Nightvision (default 'n')
Mission or framework makers can force paper map mode if they would like by adding the following lines to their init.sqf:
tao_foldmap_changePermitted = false;
tao_foldmap_alternateDrawPaper = true;
I was going to call it Tao Tactical Map, but I can't help but think this is kind of a low-speed high-drag concept...
Credits & Thanks:
Folding map system by Taosenai. Automatic darkening of map at night based on the implementation in ShackTac Map Autobrightness Mod by Dslyecxi/zx64.
Copyright (c) 2012-2013, Ryan Schultz
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
ADDITIONALLY, I explicitly grant the right for this software to compiled and freely distributed as a ArmA PBO together with a file which reproduces the contents of this file.
- CBA 22.214.171.12423 RC3 or later is required.
- Added scaling values for many new BI and community maps. Thanks to Gundy!! (Bukovina, PR FATA, Ft. Benning, Celle 2, Bystrica, Fallujah)
- CBA 126.96.36.199710 RC2 or later required.
- Use CBA Keybinding system to allow users to change keybinds in game via Main Menu -> Configure -> Controls -> Configure Addons.
- UserConfig file is no longer used or needed.
- Map can be persistently repositioned on the screen via the Configure Map menu (default Ctrl-Shift-Alt-M).
- Map can be changed between paper and tablet formats in-game via the Configure Map menu.
- Map now gently shakes when running or sprinting.
- Internal refactoring to improve display, paging reliability, and performance.
- Fix ctrl modifier for custom key binds.
- Fix duplicate display in Expansions list.
- Paper map can now be chosen in the user config. Red nightvision mode will not be available. Default is still tablet.
- Re-add zx64 & Dslyecxi-based darkening/dimming code for night. Affects whole paper map. Only affects body of tablet.
- Fix status bar draw size at interface scales other than Normal.
- Fix variable name in config to make sense.
- Add configurable keybinds, off by default. See UserConfig\tao_foldmap_a3\tao_foldmap_a3.hpp.
- Resolve some missing semi-colons in config.cpp.
- Incorporate map scaling fixes by 1212PDMCDMPPM.
- Incorporate and improve zoom feature by 1212PDMCDMPPM. Now works w/ folding. Press Shift-Ctrl-Zoom In/Out (default 'numpad +/-')
- Added night mode -- press Shift-Ctrl-Night Vision (default 'n') while the map is open. Sorry it doesn't look perfect.
- Fixed edge flickering FOREVER.
- Check for map in player's inventory. If player lacks a map, don't show the folding map. Don't show position unless difficulty is Regular or below or player has a GPS. Couldn't figure out how to do this in A3!
- Made for Arma 3.
- Fix for another flickering border corner case. I think the flickering bug is gone for good.
- Map made slightly smaller on the screen.
- Signed for online use.
- Fix flickering map under certain border cross conditions.
- Initial release.
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3
Size : 1 MB Downloaded : 9602 times Report archive: