Author: ACRE Team
Author Website: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre
Requirements: Community Base addons A3
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: The Advanced Combat Radio Environment
ACRE2 is a full fledged communications suite for Arma, allowing realistic radio and voice communications through Teamspeak 3. The original ACRE released in the Summer of 2010 set the bar for communications in the Arma series and allowed what was once the tedious and long task of organizing Teamspeak or Ventrilo channels, with multiple whisper lists and no direct communications between groups, to be reduced to a natural implementation in a single Teamspeak channel. All players are able to speak with each other directly or use in game configurable radios to communicate at longer distances providing unparalleled immersion in the Arma series.
ACRE2 takes what ACRE1 pioneered to a whole new level. With increased performance and stability ACRE2 provides and even more immersive communications experience for the Arma user. Direct voice communications has had a complete overhaul and introduced new features such as occlusion from the environment, including vehicles and buildings, as well as multi-channel audio, allowing voices to be heard from multiple sources. A new virtual language feature in the Babel System allows mission makers to designate "languages" to certain players, making those that do not speak the same language indecipherable. This presents a multitude of gaming scenarios including player translators (Babel allows multiple languages per-person) and enemy communications that are unable to be understood.
The core feature of ACRE has always been radios though, and that has undergone major improvements in ACRE2 as well. A new, extremely powerful and modular distributed data system allows for a whole manner of new features to be simulated in a robust and reliable way, and powers the most realistic real time radio simulation released in either the civilian or military market. The new data system is designed to support large numbers of radios, in a JIP compatible and persistent world setup, as well as allowing for the future implementation of highly advanced features such as data event logging and radio replay ability. While the public beta only implements two functional radios at the moment the robust and well documented framework allows for rapid prototyping and easy implementation of new radio systems by ACRE as well as the community at large. The entire system is implemented in a way to maximize commonality with current Arma modding practices, going so far to even allow individual sounds of the radios to be modded by the community or any other feature.
Current TS3 Support:
Download the zip file to your hard drive.
Open the extracted folder and open the Teamspeak/plugins folder.
Copy the correct version of the plugin dll for your Teamspeak installation.
Navigate to your Teamspeak installation and open the plugins folder.
Paste the plugin into that folder, overwriting any current ACRE2 plugin.
Return to the extracted folder and go to the Game folder.
Copy the @ACRE2 folder.
Navigate to your Arma 3 installation folder.
Delete any current @ACRE2 folder and then paste in the @ACRE2 folder you copied from the extracted zip.
Create a new shortcut or edit an existing one, and add @ACRE2 and @CBA_A3 to the -mod parameter, for a longer explanation see this tutorial: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=20866
Launch Teamspeak 3 and enable the ACRE2 plugin in the Settings > Plugins window.
Launch Arma 3 from the shortcut you created.
Included .pbo files:
New footage coming soon
All controls are editable in the Arma 3 controls menu, under the Configure Addons tab (you must be in a mission to edit these though).
The default controls are as follows:
* Radio PTT: Capslock
* Alternate PTT 1: Shift-Capslock
* Alternate PTT 2: Ctrl-Capslock
* Alternate PTT 3: Alt-Capslock
* Open/Close Radio: Alt-Ctrl-Capslock
* Cycle Radio: Alt-Shift-Capslock
* Cycle Babel Language: Left Windows Key
* Set Radio Left Ear: Ctrl-Shift Left Arrow Key
* Set Radio Right Ear: Ctrl-Shift Right Arrow Key
* Set Radio Both Ears: Ctrl-Shift Up Arrow Key
Info / Links:
Mission Maker API: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/wiki/Mission_API
Babel API: http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/wiki/Babel
Radio Framework API (advanced users): http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre2/wiki/API
Credits & thanks:
- [New] Zeus support - you can now use direct speech and the radios of unit you are remotely controlling.
- [New] ACE Interaction menu - You can now interact with your radios through ACEs self-interaction menu.
- [Improved] Significant code changes throughout - optimizations made throughout using newer script commands and faster methods.
- [New] New radio signal model - Uses an extension that realistically calculates multipathing, including phase coherence.
- [New] Radio interfaces and icons overhauled with new models provided by Hatchet and implemented by JP
- [New] Keyboard keys for channel up/down keybind on the current active radio. Note this only works for handheld radios and has the same limitations as using the channel knob for that radio.
- [Fixed] Radio displays now render properly on all aspect ratios (21:9, 5:4 etc).
- [Improved] Direct speech occlusion - This is the system that makes buildings and objects affect the volume other players are heard at.
- [Improved] AI reveal now takes in account player current speaking volume
- [Improved] Vehicle Attenuation (volume at which you hear someone whilst you are inside a vehicle when and they are outside) overhaul no longer uses the insideSoundCoef value but is now based off AttenuationEffectType. It is now dependent on the turret the person is in. This should work well for most things by default. It is customizable and full configuration details - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/vehicle-attenuation
- [Improved] Direct speech volume slider - Now has only 5 states and the default volume has a smaller distance. The visuals of the slider have been improved thanks to dslyecxi.
- [Fixed] Vehicle intercom works in more cases
- [New] API function (acre_api_fnc_ignoreAntennaDirection) - This can be used to make the signal simulation model ignore antenna direction -> [true] call acre_api_fnc_ignoreAntennaDirection;
- [Improved] Difficulty module now has an option to force the simulation model ignore antenna direction.
- [Fixed] Full duplex mode - Note this needs to be activated via the API or the difficulty settings module.
- [Fixed] Name channels module - previously was bugged in some cases.
- [Fixed] Basic Mission Setup module - Fixed the babel setting (Per Side w/ Common)
- [Fixed] API functions: acre_api_fnc_getMultiPushToTalkAssignment now works in all cases.
- [Improved] Headless client support. Unnecessary code is no longer run on headless clients and this also fixes rpt spam on headless clients.
- [Improved] Unmute clients on teamspeak when acre is not connected (on channel switch). This setting can be toggled in the teamspeak plugin settings.
- [Fixed] Inventory management right clicking on radios can no longer cause issues.
- [Fixed] HandleMultipleTranmissions zero divisor script error.
- [Fixed] IDC collision issues from radio dialogs and vanilla dialogs fixed.
- [Fixed] Warning message for missing antenna texture when opening the mission editor.
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3
Tags: No tags