We are proud to present you the new version of MCC called MCC Sandbox 4 (beta). MCC Sandbox 4 holds a compete new GUI and complete new AI system GAIA.
Since we did not want to hold the release for video's, large words files and professional art, here you have it. So stay tuned this week for detailed information on how to get the most out of this release! (video instruction).
GAIA stands for Greater Artificial Intelligence. Ever since I typed my first 2 lines of MCC code it has been going through my mind. What if the AI did…? Why isn’t this….? …..These and a zillion other questions have haunted me for too long. GAIA is my answer to most of these questions. So, now you know my personal motivation, let’s move on to the system itself. This document tries to focus on the intent of GAIA and the design decisions that have been made. I won't try to explain how all of the code works, but after reading this document you should have a clear understanding of what GAIA stands for, what choices she makes and how she operates.
GAIA can best be seen as a higher level lead organization that is tasked to make all groups work towards (a) common goal(s). GAIA does not improve and tries not to influence the behavior at group level.
So what is it that GAIA wants? The main goal of GAIA is to defend territory.
To do that she makes sure that:
• All assets are used intelligently. Know your units, what can they do, what are their weaknesses.
• Responses to threat are in proportion. Do not send more troops then needed, but also make sure it is enough to deal with the opposing threat.
• Understand the priorities. The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority.
In future versions of GAIA goals will be expanded and might even grow to fully commanding offensive battles.
More about GAIA in MCC and how to use it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56634804/MCC%20GAIA%20V1.0%20Release.pdf
To install the Mission Control Center Sandbox 4 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
More about GAIA in MCC and how to use it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56634804/MCC%20GAIA%20V1.0%20Release.pdf
You can find an old (MCC 2) PDF manual here: Mission Control Center Sandbox 3 manual or inside the installation folder.
Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:
Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:
Download Link - Template mission:
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
Spoor for all his testing work! (ArmaSeries.com)
Psycho (for previous and future video, images etc)
The guys from Armaseries. (http://armaseries.com/)
3CB for listening to my never ending talks that really help me understand my burning idea's.(http://3commandobrigade.com/)
Apollo (3CB) for correcting our English errors. (In pdf documents, because i think he will eat his personal suitcase only by reading our lines above )
Evrik (3CB) for listening, talking and inventing the name of GAIA
All the modders out there on the forums! Without all that practical help the whole thing would have been way slower.
- Added: UI Module can enable/disable any of the below features:
- Camera control: Force 1st person camera always or just outside of a vehicle New WIKI page - http://mccsandbox.wi...enotify=created.
- Compass: In game compass and squad members overlay.
- Name tags: Show friendly units name/role/rank and vehicle information such as driver,commander, gunner and empty positions left.
- Squad Markers: Show friendly squad markers on the map. Only MCC squads from the role selection or Squad dialog.
- Squad Members Markers: Show squad members markers on the map.
- Suppression: Client side only Suppression effects, blur and camera shake depends on the angle of fire, the caliber and more.
- Changed: Name tags, group markers moved to the inGame UI settings module
- Added: Units that are not in your squad will show in blue while name tags is on.
- Added: Units markers (mission settings module) Show units markers on the map for all players while playing in a squad from the Squad Dialog
- Changed: Removed inidbi2 dependency- persistent data will be saved to the server profile using BI profile name space - I still recommend using IniDB2 as it more robust.
- Changed: Moved to inidbi2 - local db files for each mission - http://mccsandbox.wi..._role_selection
- Changed: Total reworked the Role Selection UI and functionality load-outs are not inherent from config files to be - http://mccsandbox.wi..._role_selection
- Added: Resupply option from FOB.
- Added: Resupply will resupply grenade launcher rounds.
- Added: Ability to build sand bags around FOB - Squad leader - doesn't need resources but there is a limit to 14 sandbags per FOB
- Added: Support for mobile respawn. Make any vehicle a mobile respawn by adding the presets from MCC 3d editor or Zeus. While mobile vehicle is alive you can spawn inside it if it holds enough space, outside of it if it don't and parachute out of it if its flying.
- Added: Can place constructions in height such as HMG on balcony exc.
- Added: Can build fortifications around FOB/Start location
- Added: From MCC interaction mount/dismount weapons attachments with the proper animations doing so.
- Added: Switch VON radio channels from the self interaction menu.
- Added: You can place IED and mines on walls using MCC actions keys.
- Changed: Total reworked Interaction layout from list to a rose dial menu.
Ambient Civilians Module
- Added: civilians relations variable added to the module. The civilians relation variable will determine how the ambient civilians will act near players starting form positive behavior to bad behavior to extreme behavior where the civilian population will start to form militias to fight the players initializing suicide bombers and IEDs.
In the campaign killing civilians and failing objectives will decrease the player relation with them while while completing objectives will increase. WIKI - http://mccsandbox.wi...om/wiki/Modules
- Reworked unconscious state, new animation and effects and you now have access to the esc menu and can still order AI.
- AI will revive downed AI or players.
- Changed: Completely reworked Commander Console UI.
- added: Apex VTOL planes will now replace the default helicopters in Parachute, HALO or Drop Pods insertions.
- added: Tanoa templates: Campaign, pvp, Rgular
Persistent Data Base:
- Added: MCC now support inidbi2 and stopped supporting inidbi 1.
- Added: MCC now have a persistent DB saving option from the save/load menu in MCC. Turn it on in your mission and MCC will save all players positions, gear, stats (health,calories, water - if used), resources, valor, RTS elements such as base buildings exc. If there is already saved data on the server MCC will load it and will continue saving. Have fun in your campaigns - Requires iniDBi 2.
- Added: Clear persistent data from players/missions.
- Added: MCC_fnc_savePlayer, MCC_fnc_saveServer, MCC_fnc_loadPlayer, MCC_fnc_loadServer functions with description for mission maker to use in their missions.
- Added: persistent survival mod. While running inidbi2 on the server MCC will save the players gear, xp, valor, health water, food, location exc every time they join the game.
- Added: Can enable survival mod without allowing player to search for loot - if you want to add some thirst and hunger element without turning it into a Dayz. Enable it from the mission setting module or missionNamesSpace variable ["MCC_surviveModAllowSearch",false]
- Fixed: Stuck when enabling Survival mod from module.
- Added: RTS WIKIA for players - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Rts
- Added: RTS WIKIA for developers - http://mccsandbox.wi...iki/RTS_editing
- Added: Players can buy units from barracks/sleeping areas using valor and add them to their squad even if not the actual commanders.
- Added: Vehicle Kiosk will show vehicle by faction by default - can be changed to side by setting global variable (MCC_vehicleKioskBySide = true); - http://mccsandbox.wi...i/Vehicle_kiosk
- Changed: In RTS commander can purchase vehicles from kiosk using resources while players can purchase it using valor points.
New Game Mods:
- Added: Advance And Secure (AAS) module - turns sectors to be captured in a specific linear order like in Project Reality AAS.
- Added: 2 template PvP AAS missions and a WIKI on how to create more: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Aas
- Added: Altis campaign template mission, mix between RTS and FPS on altis but you can create it where ever you want to: http://mccsandbox.wi...m/wiki/Campaign
- Added: Campaign templates to all the big maps including CUP - needs CUP maps, weapons and vehicles.
- Added: The campaign module now categorized the island and divide it into zones.
- Added: Campaign progress and buildings will be saved when using inidbi2 on the server.
- Enemy side will attack the players base randomly
- Added: mission rotation - The random chance to get a recon mission - which isn't near the starting base and behind enemy lines.
- Pick Intel and rescue HVT missions now supports new BIS hold action.
- Missions tasks will be available to all sides except the enemy sides.
- Spawned artillery will roughly marked on map.
- IED & armed civilians will be hostile to all sides except the enemy sides and not just to the player side.
- No longer spawn units without primary weapons such as rangemasters for bluefor.
VON Radio System
- Added: Using the new BI VON commands players will be restricted from not-allowed channels rather then killed when using them.
- Added: Cruise missile manually control the missile while guiding it to his target - can be given to the side commander for him to use it as an asset the commander tab.
- Added: UAV run - allow commanders to call UAV that will mark enemy units around him in a radius defined with MCC_uavdetectRange = 500 put MCC_uavdetectRange = 0; for no detection - can be given to the side commander for him to use it as an asset the commander tab.
- Added: AC-130 - can be given to the side commander for him to use it as an asset the commander tab.
- Added: MCC will initiate all factions once. Drastically reduce the waiting time when switching factions in MCC.
- Added: Reinforcement helicopters will be faction related.
- Added: Respawn on Squad Leader from MCC respawn screen. If enabled with "MCC_respawnOnGroupLeader" or in the MCC settings module
- Added: Module to create zones from the editor - just sync triggers to the module and they will be zones.
- Added: Breach locked door by shooting on them use custom ammo such as shotgun slug (RHS or Prpl by default) as defined with MCC_breacingAmmo example: MCC_breacingAmmo = ["prpl_8Rnd_12Gauge_Slug","prpl_6Rnd_12Gauge_Slug","rhsusf_8Rnd_Slug","rhsusf_5Rnd_Slug"];
- Added: Start Location modules spawn options (none/teleport/halo/para drop) for each individual spawn point.
- Added: MCC jukebox will read music and sounds from the mission cfg - description file.
- Added: 3D markers when spotting enemies.
- Added: MCC ammoboxes can be placed from MCC self interaction.
- Changed: Players spawns on Squad Leaders Rally Point will be paradrop and not simply teleported.
- Changed: Medic system reworked to work with the new protection system.
- Changed: Supply dropping an autonomous vehicle will drop it with crew
- Fixed: Atmosphere module.
- Fixed: Error regarding BI fnc sortBy spamming the log file.
- Fixed: Mission Wizard save hostage mission can be ended on respawn_west/east/guerilla marker.
- Fixed: Self interaction kept working even when disabled when CBA is on.
- Fixed: Can't login to MCC after the latest patch.
- Fixed: Medical system was broken (players died instantly instead of falling unconscious) and added a new WIKI page - http://mccsandbox.wi...i/MeidcalSystem
- Fixed: Pressing the delete button while opening MCC delete the last selected group/unit.
- Fixed: Fast rope didn't worked well on MP.
- Fixed: Losing Zeus after re-spawn.
- Fixed: Zeus editing unit/object didn't work after update.
- Fixed: ILS module error when no rings selected
- Fixed: Restricted ambient civilians module didn't work on dedicated
- Fixed: Logistic dialogs for helicopters won't show crates that the helicopter can't sling-load.
- Fixed: Convoy not working.
- Fixed: Convoy spawn too many cargo units.
- Fixed: Mini game IED can be disarmed again even after disarming
- Fixed: RPT errors regarding ; at the end of file
- Fixed: MCC_make_array_group error on server.
- Fixed: Disabling MCC logistics will also disable the ability to command building from the SQL PDA
-= New IED Mini Game =-
- Added: Mini-game IED disarm, as shown in "keep talking and nobody explodes" game. Http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Mini-game_IED
-= New Sectors Modules =-
- Added: Resources capture zones. http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Capture_Zone
-= New Survival system =-
- Added: Survival system. http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Survive_mod
-= Reworked Fame System =-
- Added: Fame system for purchasing vehicles from kiosks (RTS). Players need to gain enough fame to be able to take global resources to buy vehicles. Commander can still spawn as many vehicle as he want to without the need to gain fame.
- Added: Vault items will be persistent from mission to mission (if iniDB is running on the server) .
- Changed: Fame system, player gain fame by depositing materials, weapons and magazines in the vault when survival mod is and from killing enemies, leading, healing exc.
- Changed: The vault (shared box) will only be available when survival mod is on
- Fixed: MCC survival option "Search" enabled on ACE even when survival mode disabled.
- Fixed: Popup error when opening the shared HQ box - vault.
-= VON Radio System =-
- Reduce overlay sounds.
- Side channel is enabled for side commanders only.
- Microphone abusing ends in kicking the player not killing him.
-= Misc =-
- Added: Can use MCC interaction while ACE is on - just don't forget to bind it to another key.
- Added: New Module: vehicle respawn - apparently BI module doesn't really work.
- Added: No ambient spawn module - prevent ambient AI units spawn to spawn around the module in a specific radius.
- Added: Snow weather effect to MCC atmospheres.
- Added: MCC ammo boxes, medic boxes, supply crates & pods (logistics) to Zeus.
- Added: MCC items (medic survival exc) add to BI arsenal.
- Added: Can attach chemlights and IR strobes using MCC self interaction.
- Added: MCC survival will work without iniDBI mod but items will not be persistent between missions or server restart.
- Added: Easy to configure survival loot place holders objects and items spawn chance and amount in them via missions config files.
- Changed: MCC Mission Generator - disable IED mission will use the disarm minigame and changed the IED type to the military device.
- Changed: ILS Available to all air vehicles.
- Changed: When placing IEDs MCC will not close the 3d editor so you can place multiple IEDs.
- Changed: Mild hijacked unit's blur effect.
- Fixed: Players move to spectator on JIP - Thanks BrightCandle
- Fixed: Not enough AI spawns in buildings in CQB missions generated by the Mission Generator.
- Fixed: GAIA doesn't recognize mod vehicles such as RHS helicopters
- Fixed: Double click WP in the commander console didn't work
- Fixed: Quick weapon (Shift +1 .... Shift + 4) select always on
- Fixed: While playing with CBA you'll no longer see the change MCC keys - thanks to Sargken.
- Fixed: After a campaign mission has been finished MCC will not delete manned players' vehicles or FOBs.
- Fixed: Starting with default gear after respawn when Role Selection is on.
- Fixed: Teleporting boats on water teleported the vehicle to map corner.
- Fixed: Lock/unlock door typo
- Fixed: Convoy didn't worked on dedicated server.
- Fixed - MCC ammobox items didn't show up on ACE.
- Fixed - Resource module's names vice versa.
- Fixed - Limiting the number of kits per squad didn't worked in Role Selection
- Added: In RTS mode the commander can take first person control over it's units.
- Added: Undercover Agents module (2D or Zeus) covert units into undercover agents , wiki will come soon. You can holster a handgun and get close to enemy units without raising suspicious. Getting to close to an enemy, crouching, proning, running around or drawing your handgun will blow your cover.
- Fixed: login hang bug.
- Fixed: MCC Zeus's modules worked globaly.
- Fixed: MCC Zeus module duplicated on all clients.
- Fixed: Unable to use parachute while role selection on.
- Fixed: Armed civilian error spamming the RPT.
- Added: MCC's Zeus will edit players.
- Added: Custom MCC's Zeus modules including: ** New Feature **
- IED: turn any object/unit into an IED or suicide bomber.
- CAS: Call MCC Close Air Support from Zeus.
- Add units to Zeus: Automatically assign units/objects to Zeus so the mission maker can edit them.
- Ambient AI and cars - Ambient AI and cars Module - Server side ambient. MCC will create AI units some in buildings, some patrolling, some driving cars and some parked cars in towns when players are around and delete them when no player is around.
- Armed Civilians: Will transfer any friendly/natural unit into hostile unit with concealed weapons. Armed units will attack other units from the enemy faction while they have the chance.
- Atmosphere: Instantly create sandstorms, blizzards and Heat Waves.
- CAS: Call MCC close air support from Zeus.
- Damage Part: Damage any part of vehicle/unit you want and add explosion effects to keep it real.
- Lock/Unlock doors: Lock or unlock all doors in the area.
- Evac Vehicle: Make any vehicle serve as an evac vehicle under the players' commander command.
- Garrison: Spawn units in houses in the given radius.
- IED/Suicide Bomber: Turn any object/vehicle/unit into an IED or suicide bomber.
- Night Effect: Destroy all lights, remove night visions and add flashlights to nearby AI or players.
- War Zone: Destroy buildings, spread wrecks and fires in the given radius.
- Vehicle's Kiosk: Players can purchase vehicles from them using in game resources.
- Changed: While in Zeus hold Shift and double click a unit to open Zeus's default attributes.
MCC Campaign: ** New Feature **
- MCC campaign can be activated from Zeus or from the 2D editor module. It is recommended to activate MCC role selection, have at least one H.Q MCC's Start location, some vehicle kiosks and activate ambient civilians.
In the campaign MCC will keep on generating new mission when the players have completed the previous one. Each mission will be generated close to the previous one and MCC will create an advancing feel for the mission. Once the players have finished a mission in an area this area will be marked by the side color and it should be relatively safe. By successfully finishing a mission the players will be awarded with resources (minus collateral damage that the players inflicted such as killing civilians) The players' commander will receive random special bonus for each successful mission such as supply drops, CAS exc.
Each in game day the players will gain extra tickets if they performed well, the evac vehicle will respawn and the weather will change. Furthermore enemy forces might start actively perusing the players if the player have inflicted enough damage to the enemy.
- Added: Evac vehicle module - sets evac vehicles from 2D editor or Zeus.
- Added: Campaign evac param - campaign evac's vehicles will repspawn every one ingame time.
- Added: Atmosphere module - sets sandstorms, blizzards exc from the 2D editor or Zeus.
IED/Armed Civilians/Suicide Bombers
- Added: IED/Suicide Bombers module - add IEDs or suicide bombers from the 2D editor or Zeus.
- Added: Armed Civilians module - add Armed Civilians from the 2D editor or Zeus.
- Fixed: Non precise objectives' markers in the missions wizard where pretty precise.
- Changed: Mission Wizard will try to spawn on HC if available.
- Added: Supply drop - added slingload insertion.
- Added: In Role Selection players can change kits without respawning in any FOB/HQ - can be turned off from the MCC setting module or setting "MCC_allowChangingKits = false".
- Fixed: Player stuck in parachute animation after respawning from the squad selection
- Fixed: Level up duplicated messaged in role selection.
- Changed: Massive work on role selection, improved UI and functionality
- Added: Players can now resupply (refresh ammo, bandages exc) from ammobox (MCC logistics) - support ACE medical system.
- Added: Players can now breakdown resource crates into items that they can carry in their backpacks and return to HQ or use.
- Added: Main shared cargo box to FOB.
- Simplified: Logistics dialog.
- Changed: MCC logistics reduced the amount of needed resource crates for building assets.
- Added: Weather over time slider to the Change Weather in MCC.
- Fixed: MCC didn't work with ACE weather
- Disabled: MCC weather sync when ACE is on
- Added: ACE support for survival - players can search loot using the ACE's self interaction key while close to a lootable object.
- Changed: If survival and Role selection are on players won't be able to change kits unless they respawned to prevent exploit by changing kits to gain resources.
- Added: A complete workout on the RTS elements of MCC.
- Added: Workshops can outfit civilians offroads with MG.
- Added: Workshops will repair vehicles for free.
- Added: Players can purchase vehicles from workshops (need resources and electricity): Cars from advanced workshop, Tanks and APC from mechanical workshop and helicopters from ariel workshop.
- Added: Commander can call Random resource gathering missions every real time hour from HQ - Resource gathering mission are easier side missions that yield resource crates.
- Added: Radio post give access advanced resource gathering missions.
- Added: Resources module to 2D editor and Zeus - sets the initial resources for each side.
- Added: Support CBA keybinds if player is running CBA
- Added: Dynamic dialog function to easly create dialogs - learn more in the functions library
- Added: Vehicle's Kiosk's Module - Players can purchase vehicles from them using in game resources.
- Added: Ambient AI and cars Module - Server side ambient. MCC will create AI units some in buildings, some patrolling, some driving cars and some parked cars in towns when players are around and delete them when no player is around.
- Changed: MCC garrison units will have units patrolling buildings
- Improved: Loading time while changing factions in MCC.
- Fixed: MCC stays on login screen after a player successfully logged in.
- Fixed: Player can escape unconscious dialog in MCC medic system by opening the squad dialog
- fixed: Objects names placed in 3D editor didn't saved to sqm.
- Fixed: Each side's commander will have only his sides evac vehicles
- Fixed: MCC Settings didn't stick after changing them
- BI forums