This addon is a retexture of A3 units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom headgear and gear in order to represent several fictional African factions for each side as follow:
- UN SECURITY CONTRACTORS: UN hired PSD elements from PMC
- UN VEHICLES: UN retextured vehicles: P-30 orca (armed and unarmed), offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, striders and marshall APC, plus boats, quad
- GOVERNATIVE VEHICLES: GOVERNATIVE retextured vehicles: offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, light boats, quad
- RUSSIAN ADVISORS: Spetsnaz advising rebel forces
- ARMED REBEL CIVILIAN: Armed civilians supporting the rebel movement
- REBEL VEHICLES: REBEL retextured vehicles: offroads(armed and unarmed), trucks, static weapons, light boats, quad
- Units are equipped with M4A1, M16, AKM, AKMS, Zastava’s rifles, AKS74 from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.
- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.
- UN forces have blue UN helmets, berets and patches, plus there's UN Observer unit.
- Units have several uniforms in different camos for each sides.
- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camos to make them interchangeable.
- UN retextured vehicles that include: P-30 Orca helicopters (armed and unarmed), trucks, Striders, offroads, boats, marshall, all static weapons.
- Governatives, Rebels and Guerrilla retextured vehicles that include: trucks, offroads, boats and all static weapons.
- African Civilian vehicles that include: trucks and offroads
- There are 2 weapon boxes for each side, one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.
- Wide variety of groups in the editor.
- Classlist included in folder.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
BLUFOR >> UN SECURITY FORCES: UN PACEKEEPERS, GOVERNMENT SF ADVISORS, SECURITY CONTRACTORS
INDEPENDENT >> AFRICAN GOVERNMENT FORCES: GOVERNMENT ARMY, GOVERNMENT SF
OPFOR >> AFRICAN REBEL FORCES: AFRICAN LIBERATION ARMY, FOREIGN FIGHTERS, RUSSIAN ADVISORS, ARMED REBEL CIVILIAN
CIVILLIANS >> AFRICAN CIVILIANS
Same for groups:
Same as above
For ALIVE mod users here’re config faction\groups name: UN FORCES (BLU) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_onu
GOVERNATIVES (INDEP) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_ind
REBELS (OPF) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_opf
CIVILIAN (CIV) FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_afr_civ
You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.
Credits & Thanks:
I used what I found on web as reference sources.
For the Units:
Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !
Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!
For the Weapons:
Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!
BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!
Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working in game!
Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons in game.
ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was fundamental to get the weapons in game!
Kaelies: for PSO reticles textures.
Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma!
Thanks to all Arma community for great support !
- added compatibility with ALIVE MOD
- added new weapons and launchers from my NATO SF/SPETSNAZ weapons pack
- added new russian GRU helmets
- updated armor and config values to meet BI standards
- compatibility with A3 final release and latest NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack version
- added NVG for UN SF unit (not showed if not in use (day), better for light headgear)
- Added Retextured UN faction vehicles: P-30 Orca (armed\unarmed), trucks, offroads, striders, boats, static weapons
- Added Retextured Governatives and Rebels factions vehicles: trucks, offroads, boat, static weapons
- Added African Civilian vehicles: trucks, offroads
- Added UAV operator for UN SF
- improved loadouts and gear
- Fixed: UN soldier now use retextured independent helmets (mich)
- Fixed: Rebel armed civilians use long pants (more realistic)
- Fixed: Some civilians use long pants (more variety)
- fixed: VAS compatibility for items
- fixed: chestrig wrong textures
- fixed: groups added in classlist
- First release
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons