The Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet is a twin-engine carrier-based multirole fighter aircraft variant based on the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet. The F/A-18E single-seat and F/A-18F tandem-seat variants are larger and more advanced derivatives of the F/A-18C and D Hornet. The Super Hornet has an internal 20 mm gun and can carry air-to-air missiles and air-to-surface weapons. Additional fuel can be carried in up to five external fuel tanks and the aircraft can be configured as an airborne tanker by adding an external air refuelling system.
"For quite a while I have been working on F/A-18 add-on so it can be used in ARMA game engines. When I started to work on Franze’s F/A-18 my main goal was to make look like the vanilla in game aircraft, so they share the same ammo, look similarly textured when put next to each other and use/share same functions that ArmA offers. During last year I have found a friend and a talented 3D artist assisting me on this project - Saul, also Franze mentoring me thru the development process helped to shape this add-on to a stage where we are now with fully working ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 versions. This is the point where Saul is taking over project lead on ArmA 3 version, and I’ll focus on development of these bad boys to a next stage."
"Only in the past few months have I worked with John on the F-18 and I have to say every minute of my free time was worth it. It's been rough rebuilding the aircraft from the ground up but our goal is to create the best aircraft available for the community. John is a talented scripter and modder and I look forward to working with him in the future."
Make sure to leave your feedback in the release thread here!
- New model for E/F
- HD textures
- Full realistic set of weapons models
- Afterburner - Foldable wings
- Canopy animation
- Flares and radar warning system
- Fuselage vapour effects
- Engine exhaust effect
- Working mirrors in pilot/ WSO views in both E/F
- Master arms "SAFETY" feature
- Fuel drop sequence and auxiliary fuel support
- Aerial refueling from F/A-18 F with “buddy pod”
- Ejection sequence simulation
- Collision Lights and Formation Lights
- Night Vision HUD for night flying and taxi
- ATFLIR pod laser designator for WSO
- Built in Service Menu for ordinance and aircraft paint scheme customization
- 19 Unit textures featuring CAG and LOW patterns from various USN, USMC, and RAAF units.
When you wish to use the custom skin library JS_JC_FA18.pbo and JS_JC_FA18_Squads are both required!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
- New dynamic afterburner
- Upgraded cockpit
- Start-up animations
- And much more
Credits & Thanks:
ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive
Project lead: Saul
Author of original addon and concept: Franze
Model: Saul and John_Spartan
HD textures: Saul
Afterburner script originally by: Lethal and Gnat
GUI dialog by: John_Spartan
Config and scripts by: John_Spartan
Advisers: Franze, Gnat, Vengeance1, Iceman77, Rock
Special thanks’ goes to MSgt. Don Welch (Retired, alias AV8R) and TF BLACKJACK for help with MP/COOP testing, their advice on creating more realistic flight model and SP/ MP testing.
And of course all the community members for being so kind and posting valuable information/tutorials and solutions about how to mod this game.
END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT:
You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.
This addon is released under:
Creative Commons Licence
- new afterburner visual effects
- new HUD
- sound fix to ensure vanilla ARMA 3 1.24 compatibility
- GPS/INS tweaks
- small fixes and optimization
- full pilots manual added
- GPS targeting system implemented
- fixed the possibility of “backwards flying”
- MFD’s should not flicker on some graphics cards as reported earlier
- tweaked missile box [Air-to-Air weapons can lock on air targets only]
- tweaked pilots FOV
- HRP Track IR support added [thanks to Feint]
- whole “service menu” is optimized to A3 standard
- thermal imaging textures added on E and F versions
- pilots hand animations added
- some small RVMAT fixes
- HUD slightly adjusted, should be more accurate
- fixed pilots uniform issue
- afterburner tweaked [less effective on ground, for more realistic take off]
- fixed tail hook animation error landing on USS Nimitz [by Jdog and TeTeT]
- Ejection function added/tweaked
- Aerial refuelling scripts tweaked
- some small code optimization
- texture's and rvmats updated
- fuel drop sequence added
- aerial refuelling possibility added [from F/A-18 F equipped with "buddy pod"]
- IGUI with custom icons and info
- Ejection function placeholder added [will be fully updated with next release]
- compatibility with JDog's & TeTeT Nimitz mod for ArmA 3 added
- small bug fixes/code optimization
- some small weapons config tweeks
- custom pilot added with more realistic gear [Fighter Pilot under NATO/Man]
- HUD crosshair alignment fixed [now spot on for dogfighting]
- Small tweaks on pilots and gunners animations
- new weapons added to built in missilebox
- UI for arming menu added
- UI for custom skin selection added
- 19 custom HD skins added [in separate PBO, not mandatory to use mod]
- small bug fixes/code optimization
- action menu entries tweekde to make sure pilot/WSO have the right ones
- clasname for F version changed [new one is JS_JC_FA18F]
- WSO camera tweeked
- Other small optimizations
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2014 www.armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.