The Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet is a twin-engine carrier-based multirole fighter aircraft variant based on the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet. The F/A-18E single-seat and F/A-18F tandem-seat variants are larger and more advanced derivatives of the F/A-18C and D Hornet. The Super Hornet has an internal 20 mm gun and can carry air-to-air missiles and air-to-surface weapons. Additional fuel can be carried in up to five external fuel tanks and the aircraft can be configured as an airborne tanker by adding an external air refuelling system.
"For quite a while I have been working on F/A-18 add-on so it can be used in ARMA game engines. When I started to work on Franze’s F/A-18 my main goal was to make look like the vanilla in game aircraft, so they share the same ammo, look similarly textured when put next to each other and use/share same functions that ArmA offers. During last year I have found a friend and a talented 3D artist assisting me on this project - Saul, also Franze mentoring me thru the development process helped to shape this add-on to a stage where we are now with fully working ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 versions. This is the point where Saul is taking over project lead on ArmA 3 version, and I’ll focus on development of these bad boys to a next stage."
"Only in the past few months have I worked with John on the F-18 and I have to say every minute of my free time was worth it. It's been rough rebuilding the aircraft from the ground up but our goal is to create the best aircraft available for the community. John is a talented scripter and modder and I look forward to working with him in the future."
Make sure to leave your feedback in the release thread here!
- New model for E/F
- HD textures
- Full realistic set of weapons models
- Afterburner - Foldable wings
- Canopy animation
- Flares and radar warning system
- Fuselage vapour effects
- Engine exhaust effect
- Working mirrors in pilot/ WSO views in both E/F
- Master arms "SAFETY" feature
- Fuel drop sequence and auxiliary fuel support
- Aerial refueling from F/A-18 F with “buddy pod”
- Ejection sequence simulation
- Collision Lights and Formation Lights
- Night Vision HUD for night flying and taxi
- ATFLIR pod laser designator for WSO
- Built in Service Menu for ordinance and aircraft paint scheme customization
- 19 Unit textures featuring CAG and LOW patterns from various USN, USMC, and RAAF units.
To install the F/A-18 Super Hornet you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Sample mission and scripts included in download.
When you wish to use the custom skin library JS_JC_FA18.pbo and JS_JC_FA18_Squads are both required!
You can download the manual from here:
- New dynamic afterburner
- Upgraded cockpit
- Start-up animations
- And much more
Credits & Thanks:
ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive
Project lead: Saul
Author of original addon and concept: Franze
Model: Saul and John_Spartan
HD textures: Saul
Afterburner script originally by: Lethal and Gnat
GUI dialog by: John_Spartan
Config and scripts by: John_Spartan
Sounds by: LordJarhead [JSRS studio]
Advisers: Franze, Gnat, Vengeance1, Iceman77, Rock
Special thanks’ goes to MSgt. Don Welch (Retired, alias AV8R) and TF BLACKJACK for help with MP/COOP testing, their advice on creating more realistic flight model and SP/ MP testing.
And of course all the community members for being so kind and posting valuable information/tutorials and solutions about how to mod this game.
END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT:
You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.
This addon is released under:
Creative Commons Licence
- added Lesh's towing mod support
- added USAF refuel support
- added skins chooser as Eden attribute
- added new ballisticComputers setting to weapons for CCIP
2016-08-14 config, scripts
- added default loadout option
- removed autoSeekTarget fro GBU-38 definition
- added function entry for instant loadouts script
2016-08-12 config, scripts
- added basic loadout menu in Eden
- added Eden fold wings option
- added preview pictures
2016-08-11 config, scripts
- fixed apex popups
- fixed FA18E Wreck
- fixed fuel hud script in Eden
- code optimization and fixes
- vanilla ARMA 3 version 1.38 compatibility
- ARMA 3 version 1.36 compatibility fix
- added new set of sounds
- WSO camera stabilization tweaked
- some small code fixes
- added new setup/init module for easier customization
- new afterburner visual effects
- new HUD
- sound fix to ensure vanilla ARMA 3 1.24 compatibility
- GPS/INS tweaks
- small fixes and optimization
- full pilots manual added
- GPS targeting system implemented
- fixed the possibility of “backwards flying”
- MFD’s should not flicker on some graphics cards as reported earlier
- tweaked missile box [Air-to-Air weapons can lock on air targets only]
- tweaked pilots FOV
- HRP Track IR support added [thanks to Feint]
- whole “service menu” is optimized to A3 standard
- thermal imaging textures added on E and F versions
- pilots hand animations added
- some small RVMAT fixes
- HUD slightly adjusted, should be more accurate
- fixed pilots uniform issue
- afterburner tweaked [less effective on ground, for more realistic take off]
- fixed tail hook animation error landing on USS Nimitz [by Jdog and TeTeT]
- Ejection function added/tweaked
- Aerial refuelling scripts tweaked
- some small code optimization
- texture's and rvmats updated
- fuel drop sequence added
- aerial refuelling possibility added [from F/A-18 F equipped with "buddy pod"]
- IGUI with custom icons and info
- Ejection function placeholder added [will be fully updated with next release]
- compatibility with JDog's & TeTeT Nimitz mod for ArmA 3 added
- small bug fixes/code optimization
- some small weapons config tweeks
- custom pilot added with more realistic gear [Fighter Pilot under NATO/Man]
- HUD crosshair alignment fixed [now spot on for dogfighting]
- Small tweaks on pilots and gunners animations
- new weapons added to built in missilebox
- UI for arming menu added
- UI for custom skin selection added
- 19 custom HD skins added [in separate PBO, not mandatory to use mod]
- small bug fixes/code optimization
- action menu entries tweekde to make sure pilot/WSO have the right ones
- clasname for F version changed [new one is JS_JC_FA18F]
- WSO camera tweeked
- Other small optimizations
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2017 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.