Tags: No tags
After seeing lots of posts complaining about the AI HALO jumps not working and not finding any solutions I have created a function that will allow AI units to HALO jump and it will also work with players.
Since there is currently no cargo planes for jumping out of, I start the screen dark and use a C130 sound simulating exiting the aircraft. You can also save your backpack and loadout, you can even jump with your backpack attached to your chest.
Set the altitude of the HALO, add a chemlight, auto open your parachute at 150m, and save your backpack with its contents, then attach a backpack to the front of your unit.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
0: UNIT - (object) the unit that will be doing the HALO
1: (optional) ALTITUDE - (number) the altitude where the HALO will start from
2: (optional) CHEMLIGHT - (boolean) true if the units will use chemlights
3: (optional) AUTOOPEN -(boolean) true to auto open parachute at 150m
4: (optional) SAVELOADOUT - (boolean) true to save backpack and its contents, and add a "fake" backpack to the front of the unit.
[this] call COB_fnc_HALO [this, 2000, true, true, true] call COB_fnc_HALO
Must use "spawn" and not "call" due to sleep and waituntil commands in the function.
There are no required addons however, ltsThomas made an addon that will add a mask to your HALO unit. Here is what it looks like:
Download it from Armaholic: NSW Units & Gear
Please let me know if this is useful or not, hopefully halo is fixed soon. If there are any errors which there shouldnt be or any additions that are needed let me know here in the release thread.
- Fixed: when unit did not have a backpack it would show an error
- Fixed: Chemlights would attach to the head when the unit had no helmet. It now attaches to the head when wearing a helmet or to the shoulder when not wearing a helmet.
- Fixed: If you start out with the helicopter crew helmet it will not add another one.
- Changed: I changed some of the sounds and added new ones.
- Fixed: If you start out with a parachute and saveloadout selected, it will not add a parachute to the front of the unit.
- Changed: I removed fn_saveLoadOut and just added it directly to fn_halo.
- Fixed: If you jump out of a helicopter the C130 sound will no longer play.
- Fixed: when in para_pilot the flapping sound will continue to play until you are approximately 10 meters from the ground, it loops every 7 seconds so if you land just right you wont notice.
- Added: When you are above 3040 meters or approx. 10,000 feet the helicopter crew helmet is automatically added, its more fitting for a HALO jump, plus your old helmet is added to your backpack automatically so when you land you can pull it out and put it back on.
- Added: I added a paradrop function to fix the AI.
- Changed: the example mission no longer has tasks or anything MP related.
- Added: the parachute will now attach to the front of the unit when in animation state para_pilot.
- Added: sound for when you are in free fall
- Fixed: using spawn is no longer neccessary. Example: [this] call COB_fnc_HALO
- Added: more examples to the mission, flagpole and helicopter. Keep in mind that a C130 sound will play when exiting the helicopter, HALO usually doesnt involve helicopters.
- Changed: the chemlight is now attached to the head.
- Fixed: AI and players will no longer get hurt, if you do land really hard which should technically hurt you anyways, it will set your damage back to zero. If you hit the ground hard enough it will kill you. AI though are god mode until they get out of their chutes.
- Added: you now have the option to add a backpack to the front of your unit.
- Added: the option to auto open the parachute
- Added: fn_saveLoadOut.sqf, you can now save your backpack and gear that was in the backpack
- Added: sound for when landing
- Fixed: removed the check for surfaceiswater, it was removing the parachute and not really needed
- Fixed: _light not defined error
- Removed: Groups
- Added: Immersion from previous halo.sqs
- Added: Parachute opening sound - freesound.org
- BI forums
Tags: No tags