ASDG Joint Railsby
ASDG Joint Rails is a config addon which defines weapon rails using the new attachment config system available since patch 1.04 came out (31 Oct 2013).
The rails are attached by default to all vanilla weapons. The goal is to provide a common system which can be used by weapon and attachment mod makers in order to prevent mod conflicts.
List of mods supporting this system (thanks to the authors for their support !):
FHQ M4 for Arma 3
AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units) - provides optional ASDG JR config by Stiltman
Design Mastery Weapons - config for ASDG JR provided by JonieTurnock. Note: this config also requires RHARD Mk18 - see link below.
EricJ Weapons Pack
Sham's US Armament Pack
NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS - since v1.2 it includes an updated JR config provided by Massi.
Toadie's SmallArms and Animations
Purple Famas pack
benelli m4 super 90 pack by Purple
Sudden's Russians - a config for ASDG JR compatibility is available: lukrop's customized configs
Hellenic Armed Forces
TMR Modular Realism
STI Weapons - Machineguns
GSP Sniper and Marksman Weapons
Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod
BWMod (provides compatibility addon for ASDG JR)
Brazilian Defence Forces
RKSL Attachments Pack
As examples of how the system can be used by modders and for the immediate practical value to players, I have bundled a few optional config addons in the opt directory, for use with these mods:
RH M4/M16 pack
Christian.1987's Mp7 ported to A3
Note: to activate any of these configs in game you have to copy them from @ASDG_JR\opt to @ASDG_JR\addons.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
An Attachment config example and Weapon config example can be found here:
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Scripts that rely on hard-coded weapon slot class names only (CowsSlot, PointerSlot) will not be able to recognize the compatible attachments properly.
- Added a function: _myarray = [_myweapon] call asdg_jointrails_fnc_getCompatibleAttachments;
- Added class asdg_OpticRail1913_long (for use with longer, 2-in-1 attachments, e.g. scope + clip-on NVS)
- Added class asdg_OpticSideMount (for use with AK-style side mounts)
- Updated for Arma 3 v1.08 (added LRPS compatibility with asdg_OpticRail1913)
- LMG_Mk200_F uses the short rail (asdg_OpticRail1913_short)
- Updated the bonus config for RH M4-M16 pack v1.05 (added RH_ta31rco_2D compatibility with asdg_OpticRail1913)
- Added new base class: asdg_OpticRail1913_short. It will take all the optics from asdg_OpticRail1913 except those which require a long rail to attach, like the DMS. It is used by default on the Tavor and the Zafir. Thanks to Alwarren for the suggestion!
- Updated config for RH M4/M16 pack
- Removed config for FHQ Accessories (not needed anymore since the latest version added support for ASDG JR)
- Added config for TMR (enables attaching bipod for Rahim rifle)
- Removed all changes to the vanilla slots.
- Added bonus configs for a few more mods (RH M4, RHARD Mk18, GvsE's Mp7 and Massi's weapon pack).
- Initial release
- BI forums
If you use only the ASDG Joint Rails core (asdg_jointrails.pbo) no addon are required!
The following addons are only required when you use the corresponding optional configs:
- Iansky's Scope Mod A3
- RH M4/M16 pack
- MK18 Mod 1