ASDG Joint Railsby
ASDG Joint Rails is a config addon which defines weapon rails using the new attachment config system introduced in the Dev branch.
The rails are attached by default to all vanilla weapons. The goal is to provide a common system which can be used by weapon and attachment mod makers in order to prevent mod conflicts.
List of mods supporting this system (thanks to the authors for their support !):
- FHQ M4 pack
- ASDG Attachments
- AV IndUs (US Army inspired units)
- Design Mastery Weapons
As examples of how the system can be used by modders and for the immediate practical value to players, I have bundled a few optional config addons in the opt directory, for use with these mods:
- RH M4/M16 pack
- RHARD Mk18
- Christian.1987's Mp7 ported to A3
- NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS
- TMR Modular Realism
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
asdg_jointrails_tmr is referencing the "invisible bipod" from TMR and should be removed when using the modified tmr_autorest provided by ASDG Attachments (which is recommended).
Community made configs:
Here you can find some configs made by other community members to make more addons compatible with ASDG Joint Rails:
Scripts that rely on hard-coded weapon slot class names (CowsSlot, PointerSlot) will fail to recognize the compatible attachments properly. They should be adapted to read class names dynamically from the config. One example of such script is VAS. I already sent some code to Tonic that would overcome this limitation as well as make use of the compatibleItems subclass.
- Updated for Arma 3 v1.08 (added LRPS compatibility with asdg_OpticRail1913)
- LMG_Mk200_F uses the short rail (asdg_OpticRail1913_short)
- Updated the bonus config for RH M4-M16 pack v1.05 (added RH_ta31rco_2D compatibility with asdg_OpticRail1913)
- Added new base class: asdg_OpticRail1913_short. It will take all the optics from asdg_OpticRail1913 except those which require a long rail to attach, like the DMS. It is used by default on the Tavor and the Zafir. Thanks to Alwarren for the suggestion!
- Updated config for RH M4/M16 pack
- Removed config for FHQ Accessories (not needed anymore since the latest version added support for ASDG JR)
- Added config for TMR (enables attaching bipod for Rahim rifle)
- Removed all changes to the vanilla slots.
- Added bonus configs for a few more mods (RH M4, RHARD Mk18, GvsE's Mp7 and Massi's weapon pack).
- Initial release
- BI forums
If you use only the ASDG Joint Rails core (asdg_jointrails.pbo) no addon are required!
The following addons are only required when you use the corresponding optional configs:
- TMR Modular Realism
- Iansky's Scope Mod A3
- NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons
- RH M4/M16 pack
- MK18 Mod 1