Author Website: http://radio.task-force.ru/en/
Requirements: Community Base addons A3
Short description: Simulation of radio\direct\underwater communications
Pleased to present you new radio mod for Arma 3 - Task Force Radio. It connects you game to TeamSpeak (similar to ACRE).
It is totally new product, open source, used for PvP and COOP games with more than 100 players.
You need to update everything: server, keys, addon, plugins, sound files, userconfig and possible CBA (if you use old version). It is better to delete old version before.
Not compatible with previous version!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
All information about installation, usage, and so on you can get here - http://radio.task-force.ru/en/ or here: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki
Signed by two keys: [TF]Nkey2 (for compatibility with 0.8.1) and [TF]Nkey3.
Not compatible with 0.8.3, compatible with 0.9.0
Supported Teamspeak version:
add support for TS3.0.13 and TS3.0.12 for hotfix after a week.
Make Arma Not War:
If you like our work, please support us in the contest!
Vote for us in MakeArmaNotWar.
Credits & Thanks:
Task Force Arrowhead squad for testing, support, patience and all the help.
MTF (varzin) for the help with graphics and documentation.
Hardckor for the help with graphics.
Shogun for the help with graphics.
Blender for the fonts.
vinniefalco for DSP Filter.
WOG and TRUE personally for the help in testing.
Music DSP Collection for the compressor.
Avi for the code review.
andrey-zakharov (Vaulter) for the help in development.
Dina for translating.
Zealot for the help in development and useful scripts.
NouberNou for advice and competition.
Megagoth1702 for its old job of emulating the radio sound.
Naught for code review.
Andy230 for translating.
L-H for code changes.
NorX_Aengell for French translation.
lukrop for code changes.
nikolauska (GitHub) for sqf code improvements.
Kavinsky for AN/PRC-154 and RF-7800S-TR and other radios.
JonBons for code changes.
ramius86 for Italian translation.
KK for tutorials
Krypto202 for sounds.
pastor399 for backpacks model and textures.
J0nes for help with models.
Everyone user (especially who report bugs).
A lot of thanks to Raspu86 , L-H,, whoozle and others for their help.
Sorry guys if I’ve forgot someone by chance.
- Zeus support fixed
- Now it is possible to setup keys right after game launch
- Minor config fixes
- Some RPT spam fixes
- Mod icon updated on cover
- OnBeforeTangent event handler
- Updated CBA keybinding support
- tf_mr3000_bwmod_tropen and tf_rt1523g_big_bwmod_tropenradios cammo (thanks to @MarcBook)
- Added OnRadioOpen events to all radios.
- Docs updates (thanks to @Tourorist)
- small traslation fix, only client-side and optional
- Fixed memory leak in plugin which may cause FPS drop
- Updated radio sounds
- Default key for LR additional is Y (but for current user need to be rebinded by hands)
- Updated mass of backpacks
- Czech translation (thanks to EvroMalarkey)
- Fixed issue with BWMOD encryption codes
- New models for radio items
- New sound for radio quarks
- Give personal radios to SERGEANT and higher
- Old TS support
- BWMOD camo for backpacks (and also)
- Integration with upcoming RHS 1, 2, 3
- Ability to program rifleman radios via new device MicroDARG (given to everyone by default)
- Ability to hear speaker on radio on dead body
- Fixed: speakers volume
- Fixed: long range tangent stuck sometimes
- Fixed: Vehicles sound popping
- Fixed: Speakers now not works underwater
- Fixed: It is possible to talk from UAV
- Fixed: More light audio filters for speakers
- Fixed: freezes on sound loading
- Fixed: Issue on JIP
- Fixed: crash if radio sound file not found
- Fixed: Security issue in userconfig (userconfig file also renamed)
- Fixed: Issue with fast capslock and voice activation
- Fixed: Plugin not moves player back to channel after game
- Fixed: Incorrect quarks volume in vehicles
- Fixed: getting radios after respawn
- Fixed: incorrect quark sometimes played
- Fixed: API function about TS state
- Fixed: No Zeus freqs while controlling unit
- Fixed: AN/PRC 152 Display too small
- Fixed: IS_SPEAKING can cause crash (was causing crash with CSE 0.8.0)
- Fixed positional audio
- Fixed robotic sound
- Fixed sound distance model
- Fixed game freeze on tangent release
- Adjusted radio quarks voume
- Fixed crash on incorrect format of custom sound (need to be 2/48000)
- Fixed backpacks shadows
- New audio engine with better spatial audio and new distance model
- Ability to enable speakers on radios (possible to hear radio on the ground, on unit, in vehicle, etc)
- Full support for Zeus (can use radios, can hear, can talk even though controlled unit)
- Fixed tangent stuck
- Plugin CPU usage optimisation
- Network usage optimisation
- Solved "duplicate radio ID problem"
- Sound isolation for vehicles
- Fixed issue with mic sound for some players
- New dialogs for radios including night version (a lot of them, almost all radios updated except airborne): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3lavnbqgvsrpwvy/AADqUjPvC6Fsz-QhTpZLiI59a?dl=0
- New backpacks models: NATO 1, NATO 2, AFF, OPFOR
- Old backpack models used by FIA
- New fancy backpack texture
- In-game key binding via CBA
- Now possible to look around (ALT) and use radio
- Dialogs buttons positions updated
- Dialogs buttons sound updated
- More fast spatial position updates
- Same frequency in team for diver radio
- CTRL + ~ to talk on diver radio
- Small radios available in editor
- Phone sound effect for addonmakers and scripters
- Diver radio volume increased
- Fixed getting radio in case of full inventory
- Fixed issues with civilians players
- i18n updates
- Radios now correctly handles TeamSpeak PTT delay
- Fix turn out issues with few vehicles
- Default radio volume in userconfig
- API to get if user uses radio\speaking
- MR3003 in BWMOD vehicles and infantry
- Event handlers API
- Statistic tracker will help me to make mod better
- A lot of other fixes
- Fixed compatibility with new version of Arma 3 (thanks to thhamm)
- Fixed few issues in plugin (thanks to LH)
- 0.8.3 clients no longer breaks server
- Fixed server script failure after respawn
- T and Y keys perform default actions too (lock on TITAN, Zeus)
- AMV-7 radio and isolation fixed
- Fixed plugin crash on x64 on some CPUs
- Support for rifleman radios property in userconfig
- Few other warnings and error fixed
- Fixed: Sometimes possible to hear live peoples in spectator (I hope)
- Fixed: frequency module not works for JIP (I hope)
- Terrain interference of radio
- New type of radio - rifleman radio (by default given to everyone except teamleaders)
- AN/PRC-154 rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_anprc154, default for independent side)
- RF-7800S-TR rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_rf7800str, default for west side)
- PNR-1000A rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_rf7800str, default for opfor side)
- New type of radio - airborne radio (40km): 1, 2, 3
- Backpack model
- Multiband support (receive/send on 2 channels per radio)
- Inventory access animation when adjust radio dialog
- No longer uses hint but a custom HUD (tfar_fnc_showHint)
- Key to fast switch radios (default: Ctrl + [/] cycle SW, Ctrl + Alt+ [/] cycle LR)
- Key to fast switch stereo mode (default: ctrl + up/left/right for SW, alt + up/left/right for LR)
- Capacity of backpack radios increased
- Items from original backpack are moved to new radio backpack if they can fit (on respawn)
- Personal radios have a range of 5km (AN/PRC 152, Fadak, AN/PRC 148 Jem)
- LR radios distance is 20km
- Vehicle bound LR radios distance is 30km
- Airborne bound LR radios distance is 40km
- Menu to copy settings to another radio
- Module to enforce TFAR usage, give teamleader's LR radios, give rifleman radios to team members, terrain interception coefficient, channel name (serious mode), channel password (serious mode), same SW frequencies for side, same LR frequencies for side
- Module to set settings for sync'ed units' side; encryption Code, LR radio type (classname), SW radio type (classname), rifleman radio type (classname), SW Frequency (SQF array of strings), LR Frequency (SQF array of strings)
- Module to set settings for sync'ed units; SW frequencies (SQF array of strings), LR frequencies (SQF array of strings)
- All radios now have classes
- Added default support for the following mods (HAFM ArmA 2 HMMWVs Import, HAFM ArmA 2 US Helicopter Import, HAFM ArmA 2 UK Wheeled, HAFM UAZ Cars, C-130J Port Release)
- New font for radios
- Interference affects updated
- Near players are muted in TS too
- Changed plugin commands to use \t (tab) instead of @, allowing @ to be used in nicknames with no issues
- Prefixed all functions with TFAR_
- Prefixed all variables with TF_
- No longer uses CBA's extended handlers for init, CBA is still required for key handling and some other stuff
- Added new keys to in game briefing
- Using BIS_fnc_areFriendly for encryption code checks
- Support for version 20 of TS API
- Increased player position update frequency
- Voice volume is transferred to plugin as a number instead of string
- Group settings are only used if radio is default side/faction radio
- Send radio settings to plugin more frequently
- Ability to create new radio types via 3dparty addons (documentation in progress)
- Support for setting of default radio per faction in CfgFactionClasses
- Ability to specify type of radio in vehicle's config
- Ability to set isolatedAmount (and other LR settings) moved to config entries instead of in script
- Function header for most functions (for use in function viewer, should help mission makers/mod developers)
- Ability to set global hearing volume (player setVariable ["tf_globalVolume", 0.4]) (already supported by XMedSys)
- Ability to set voice volume of player (player setVariable ["tf_voiceVolume", 0.6]) (already supported by XMedSys)
- Ability to set radio usage of player (player setVariable ["tf_unable_to_use_radio", true]) (already supported by XMedSys)
- Manual spectator mode (TFAR_fnc_forceSpectator)
- Transmitting distance multiplier (player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.0]) (to simulate additional interference )
- Receiving distance multiplier (player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator",1.0]) (to simulate additional interference )
- API to copy radio settings to another radio (TFAR_fnc_copySettings)
- Moved server loop to separate function (TFAR_fnc_processGroupFrequencySettings) to allow call from user mode (to force frequency set)
- Way to specify radio per side: tf_defaultSIDEPersonalRadio,tf_defaultSIDEBackpack,tf_defaultSIDERiflemanRadio (where side is = west,east,guer)
- Ability to specify subtype for radios: is used plugin side to allow varying effects (digital, digital_lr, airborne)
- Ability to set custom formatting for Channel Edit control (TFAR_fnc_updateSWDialogToChannel)
- API to set/get specific frequency on a channel for a radio (TFAR_fnc_setChannelFrequency/TFAR_fnc_getChannelFrequency)
- Per radio encryption code (allows setting of encryption code on each instance of a radio, only available via API)
- Other API + fixes
- Check for inheritence of V_RebreatherIA (to support diver device in other rebreathers)
- Big HUD size support
- Removed overriding of default dot marker
- Size of anprc148jem's image adjusted down to same as other radio interfaces
- Plugin no longer moves you back in cases of changing channel in TS (lightweight mode)
- Clipping on mixing
- TS plugin no longer overrides CLIENT_META_DATA, which causes issues with other plugins
- Various optimisations of the mod, improving performance where possible
- Volume in TS is 20% lower (I hope)
- Updated links in English version of help
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3