Date: 2014-10-23 21:54
The XMedSys was designed to fill the giant blank ACE left after ArmA 3 came out but ACE did not. Controling everything works in the same way like in ACE to make a move over as simple as possible (may change in the future) so that everyone who knows ACE should be able to use XMedSys!
- Epinephrine can be used to get knocked out units back
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
At startup there are two different script errors which popup (dont worry, the mod is still working)
behaviour of limitation reimplementation is not having any effect (its just not fully implemented)
Please do not initiate the units (putting something like "this X39_MedSys_fnc_InitializeUnit" into ALL inits line of playable units)!
use the module or a gamelogic with " call X39_MedSys_fnc_initMod" and ONLY initialize the AI (not in the init handler like in the example mission as its not 100% sure that only the server executes the init)
Also I want your feedback inside of the feedback tracker/forums:
If you decide to use the mod, why?
If you dont want to use the mod, why?
Any ideas for improovements?
Bugtracker / FAQ:
I also want to please you to check http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?project=2 as this is the official bug tracker for this project (so please try to post bugs inside of there)
+ another thing
check out the FAQ! I tried to explain when to use which items for the right revive process etc.
Credits & Thanks:
- General lead - X39 (more commonly known (in ArmA) as Cpt. HM Murdock)
Special thanks to:
- Tinter (BI forums) - for the code which added camShake
- "Bier AIG" group - for intensive testing on regular bases
- All people who gave feedback and searched bugs
- The general community for being one of the most insane and epic communities i ever saw in my entire live
- To NKey who made the v0.3.6 beta update possible (got plenty of stuff to do currently in RL + XMS2)
You also helped and youre not listed in here? Then please send a pm to me (BI Forums)! Im also just a human :F
- Fixed no putInVehicle/removeFromVehicle action available
- Fixed "RevivalMeasures" option is showed everywhere
- Fixed AGM compatibility pbo issue where self bandaging was not possible
* Removed XActionUi depency (you now need to use either XLibs ActionDialog feature which is also configurable by using the mod properties menu or AGM)
* Added AGM interaction menu support (can be used instead of the XLib one (XLib is still required!!!))
* "Fixed" XMedSys items not showing up in virtual arsenal
- BI forums
- XActionUI (included)
- XLib (included)
- Authentic Gameplay Modification