The ALiVE Team
released an updated version of the ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment
on the BI forums
The Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment (ALiVE) is an easy to use modular mission framework that provides everything players and mission makers need to quickly set up and run realistic military operations in almost any scenario.
On a dark, cold and damn early Friday morning in London, at a secret location, the ALiVE mod team got together for its very first Hackathon! 5 devs travelled to London while members from Australia, Europe and the US connected remotely for what ended up as 16 hours of bug smashing and playtesting. After some initial technical issues (apologies on the lack of live stream and updates), the crew were up and running, fueled by a full english breakfast, pizza, coffee and prosecco(!) we smashed through numerous bugs. 1.2.8 release is the culmination of that work. Many thanks to Friznit for hosting, and to those that travelled - Tupolov, Gunny, Jman and Sacha - as well as our fellow ALiVE modders across the world.
We certainly look forward to the next ALiVE Hackathon in 2017.
- Players can now carry many different objects, mission makers can whitelist object classes
- N'Ziwasogo re-indexed!
- Improved numbers of ambient civilians (prepare for server meltdown)
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
- Fix to AAR so sys_data_auto.pbo now truely does default to on for AAR!
- Persistent markers and reports are now restored correctly for JIPs
- CSAR and hostage rescue missions now work correctly