After a few months of work on this mod Saul and me would like to share with the community our recent version of SU-35 S Flanker E mod. Saul has put in tremendous effort in to HD textures and updating the model. We have added nice set of features and improved the overall characteristics of the jet. It's still WIP on this one, with more time on our hands we will definitely try to update this awesome Russian aircraft mod. Features like fully Russian cockpit [markings and HUD] also refuelling and auxiliary fuel systems will be added latter on thru the development process.
Su-35S is a OPFOR multirole fighter we decided to add since there still is massive demand for an adversary to F/A-18's. So what does this addon contains and what we are looking to implement in future.
The Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker E is a designation for heavily-upgraded derivative of the Su-27 Flanker. It is single-seat, twin-engine supermaneuverable multirole fighter, designed by Sukhoi and built by Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association.
Su-35, this derivative incorporated aerodynamic refinements to increase manoeuvrability, enhanced avionics, longer range, and a more powerful engine. The first Su-35 prototype, converted from a Su-27, made its maiden flight in June 1988. In 2003, Sukhoi embarked on a second modernization of the Su-27 to produce what the company calls a 4++ generation fighter. This derivative, while omitting the canards and air brake, incorporates a reinforced airframe, improved avionics and radar, thrust-vectoring engines, and a reduced frontal radar signature. In 2008 the revamped variant, erroneously named the Su-35BM. The Russian Air Force has ordered 48 production units, designated Su-35S, of the newly revamped Su-35BM.
- New model [cockpit will get full Russian language markings]
- HD textures
- Full realistic set of weapons models
- Canopy animation
- Flares and radar warning system
- Fuselage vapour effects
- Engine exhaust effect
- Working mirrors in pilot view
- Master arms "SAFETY" feature
- Fuel drop sequence and auxiliary fuel support [WITH NEXT UPDATES]
- Aerial refuelling from SU-35S with “buddy pod” [WITH NEXT UPDATES]
- Ejection sequence simulation
- Collision Lights and Formation Lights
- Fully animated HD cockpit
- Built in Service Menu for ordinance and aircraft paint scheme customization
- 4 different paint schemes
- Setup/Customization MODULE available in game editor
To install the Su-35S Flanker E you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Additional usage instructions (also classnames) can be found in the included documentation.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
There are things that still need some work and are mostly delayed because of lack of RL references and resources on this airframe. So please be patient and it will be fixed with next updates.
- MFD screens in cockpit still not perfect as we would like it to
- Cockpit markings and animations still are WIP
- Aerial refuelling is WIP
- Sounds need some tweaking
- Some shadows might be a bit off
If there is anything else you notice that should be fixed please send us your feedback.
Screenshots would be appreciated for usage in upcoming manual.
- Subscribe (old)
Credits & Thanks:
ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive
Project lead: Saul
Brand new model: Saul and John_Spartan
HD textures: Saul
GUI dialog by: John_Spartan
Config and scripts by: John_Spartan
Advisers: Gnat, Rock
And of course all the community members for being so kind and posting valuable information/tutorials and solutions about how to mod this game.
END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT / DISCLAIMER :
You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.
This addon is released under:
Creative Commons Licence
for use in ARMA 3
This add-on is the property of Saul and John_Spartan with loads of hard work invested in it, please respect that. The authors take no responsibility for any damages this program may cause, use at your own risk.
- added Lesh's towing mod support
- fix fuel hud error in Eden
- add preview image
- add loadout for Eden
- add skin selector for Eden
- fix apex popups
- fix flag and wreck path
- fix apex popups, Leshrack
- fix flag and wreck path, TeTeT
- code optimization and fixes
- vanilla ARMA 3 version 1.38 compatibility
- ARMA 3 version 1.36 compatibility fix
- hotfix PIP mirrors
- hotfix for custom effects
- 1.24 game patch compatability added
- first public version
- BI forums