Date: 2016-06-05 12:47
I'm pleased to present my latest terrain for Arma 3 : N'ziwasogo.
The map is 20 x 20 km, mostly covered with thick (yet playable) jungle and also features many Towns and settlements.
3.500.000 objects, nearly all of them are green.
Of course almost all objects are from Arma 2 era.
The map will feature custom jungle fauna sounds.
To install the G.O.S N'Ziwasogo you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Due to several requests, I decided to publish the sources of N'ziwasogo.
Thus, those who wish may bring the modifications they want.
The content is provided under the BIS ALP-SA license.
Some texture files provided for technical reasons in this package are the property of Bohemia Interactive.
Supposing that you would like to publish a modified version, please make sure that the original version of the map can be used jointly with your modified version, on a client computer or on servers.
In concrete terms, you must modify any reference – in the name of the files or inside them to projeta3-xx, pja3xx, mak3xx, etc...
- N'Ziwasogo Source Files
Keep in mind this map will be upgraded in the future.
Contains only Island an custom sounds.
You'll need IBR_Plants.pbo, IBR_Dtown.pbo and BRG_Africa.pbo, get them from Isla Duala Island.
Of course you'll also need A3MP: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863
I'm not responsible if you catch Malaria or Yellow Fever while playing on this map
Credits & Thanks:
I Thank Icebreaker for giving me permission to use buildings from Duala, Alduric for his A3MP which improves A2 buildings render, and Berghoff for his wonderfull african foliage addon.
-Some texture corrections
-Correction of faulty grid coordinates.
Better ground textures
-Redone the config based on New altis reference.
-Redone some of the ground textures as the old ones looked very shiny with the new lighting technology.
-Replaced all old ruins with Arma 3 models.
-Replaced all objects from outdated IBR* addons by their CUP equivalent.
This should deal with most (if not all) of cases when the AI was able to see and shoot through and old addons (ibr_dtowns.pbo and ibr_plants.pbo) are not necessary anymore.
-Added a couple of Arma 3 buildings (Offices, Barracks light factories and hangars).
-Redone slightly some of the lamps.
-Redone the close up ( detail ) ground textures usint new BIS technology.
Added many trees all over the map and patches of dense foliage along the roads.
The aim is to offer more concealment in general for guerilla/Coin scenarios.
Changed name to G.O.S N'ziwasogo in the editor.
- Replaced A2 lamps with A3 ones.
- Redone the config completely ( Now based on Altis' file), important changes in the lighting parameters.
- Moved thouthands of trees and bushed in and around the built up areas for a more realistic an logical placement.
- Complete AI usable road network (with recolored path textures).
- Removed misplaced trees that were in the water.
- redone the clutter (grass made lower to allow fighting from the prone position without being blinded by grass).
- Sounds revorked a little (this time no more squawking bird, for good).
- Download package contains all necessary Pbos except obviously A3MP.
- Toned down ground textures ( a little).
- we've found that annoying loud bird, been plucked and roasted, you can now enjoy a much quieter jungle
- first public release
- BI forums
- Community Upgrade Project - Terrains Complete