These are the default US helicopters from Arma 2 and it is just an import to Arma 3 using mostly default textures - sounds - etc.
These birds are fully functional in Arma 3 stable version and I don't know if there is any conflict with any other addon or if they are working also in dev branch.
Some modifications have been made to 3d models adding some ArmA 3 abilities.
Make sure to completely remove any older version before installing version 3.0!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
This is a signed addon. Serveradmins can download the serverkey from here:
These vehicles can be found under : BLUFOR -NATO - US Helicopters.
- Still some helis seems to have heavy handling (Unable to do something better on that)
ArmA2 US Helis Unbinarized:
These files are given "as is" and no further help will be provided by my side.
Anyone wants to make changes on these files, is free to proceed at will.
Arma 2 US Helicopters import Ahles3 edit:
I was growing tired of people continuously talking about how they don't work, so I edited the config file to stop the helicopters from sliding around.
You can download the fix here:
The only issue I ran into, is that the Huey and Venom don't work properly with the new settings. I wouldn't recommend using them until I/Someone gets them properly fixed.
Disclaimer: I do not take credit for this mod. All I did was edit the config file and make new keys/signatures.
Credits & Thanks:
All credits for this release belong to BIS as is the respective owner of 3d and main texture files.
- Visual & aural locking warnings FIXED
- Hellfires crosshair CHANGED
- Air to Ground locking issue FIXED
- Air to Air locking issue FIXED
- UH60 rotor animation issue FIXED
- Chinook minigun rotation issue FIXED
- Hydra rockets fire rate changed (1 by 1)
- Some other minor details
- UH1Y non viewable cargo ... FIXED
- CH47F wreck issue ... FIXED
- CH47F flares issue ... FIXED
- CH47F copilot issue ... FIXED
- UH1H stability issue ... IMPROVED
- UH60M flares issue ... FIXED
- UH60M rotor animation during formation ... FIXED
- Tracers color ... FIXED
- HUDs issues ... FIXED
- Number for Chaff / Flares ... INCREASED
- Available support types ... CAS ADDED
- Parachute backpacks ... ADDED
- First aid kits ... ADDED
- Medikits ... ADDED
- Crosshairs ... FIXED
- UH1Y gunners unable to be killed using a rifle - FIXED
- CH47F resize - 15% UPSCALED
- Sounds - ALL SOUNDS REPLACED BY ArmA 2 ORIGINAL
- Flight Characteristics - IMPROVED
- UH1Y glass needs to be less clear - IMPROVED
- Hellfires sound loudness - REDUCED
- Improved Colision Lights - THANKS TO fullerpj
- first release
- BI forums