I really missed the spirit of old good OPF so I decided to edit some BIS models and see what happens.
Also this mod features Russian Radio Protocol edited by me for Arma3.
In this version you'll find:
Grenadier (AK74 with GP25)
AT Rifleman (RPG7V)
HAT Rifleman (Metis)
Recon Scout (AKS74UB)
AA Rifleman (Igla)
Launchers AA box
Grenadier (M16 with M203)
AT Rifleman (Carl Gustaf)
AT Rifleman (M47)
Recon Scout (XM177 silenced)
AA Rifleman (Igla)
Explosive specialist (XM177)
5t truck Opened
5t truck Repair
5t truck Ammo
5t truck Fuel
NVG (old style)
Launchers AA box
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Classnames are in the readme.txt file.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Make Arma Not War:
If you like our work, please support us in the contest!
Vote for us in MakeArmaNotWar.
Credits & Thanks:
All credits go to BIS, cause I've used the models from their released packs.
Great thanks to Vladimir for his excelent SH-68 helmet and I hope we will do a lot more stuff together.
The license is APL SA.
- Helicopters: Mi-24, Ah-1w
- Support vehicles for both sides
- Weapons: Metis, M47
- Fixed bug with vanila scopes
- Helicopters MI-8, UH-60
- New units: engineers and sappers
- New items: RD-54 and ALICE backpacks
- Ammoboxes added
- New magnificent Soviet helmet SH-68 model made by Vladimir (aka _boby_)!!!!
- Some fixes and tweaks
- New vehicles SU-25, A10, Shilka, M163
- New weapons Igla and Stinger
- AA riflemen and pilots both sides
- Now compatible with J.R.R.S. and ALive mods
- Several bugs fixed (a lot more added for sure)
- New vehicles: T72B and M1A1
- Implemented manual laser rangefinders to both tanks. Use "OpticsMode" key (default is "/" on Numeric keyboard or Ctrl + RightMouse).
- New weapons: AKS74U and XM177
- New items: crew helmets and silencers for AKS74U and XM177
- New units: Tank crews and Recon Scouts for both sides
- Started armour tweaking
- Sounds issues after BIS patch 1.24 fixed
- New vehicles BMP-2 and M2A2
- Added Engine Off action to AI drivers
- Zeus compatible
- New vehicles: BTR60 and M113
- Added medics to both sides
- Vehicle weapons M2, KPVT, PKT added
- SaveGame issues solved
- New vehicle - UAZ
- Game crash when player is USSR AT Soldier - Fixed
- UI pictures for Grenade Launcher ammo added
- first public release
- BI forums