Requirements: No addons required
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: This brings the LAV-25 ported from Arma 2 into Arma 3.
Date: 2015-01-27 10:26
This is the first release of my LAV-25.
As of now it's just a port of the Arma 2 Sample Vehicles from BIS with minor tweaks.
I plan however to make some more modifications to make these vehicles actually enjoyable.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the LAV-25 please refer to the included documentation.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Commander can shoot with the M240 from inside the vehicle.
Credits & Thanks:
A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE BIS COMMUNITY
Without you i would've never been able to do this.
BIS - Original Arma 2 sample model
Hogthar and Sitrepo - Desert/Winter skin
RedPhoenix - PhysX tweaks
Chairborne - Port, config, etc...
License / Disclaimer:
For personal use only. Do not edit without permission. I claim no responsibility for any damages this addon may cause, use at your own risk.
Released under Arma Public License - read here for more information: http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license
- Detail improvements over distance
- Driver now has the magic radar/compass again
- Tweaked exhaust smoke
- Commander M240 now has muzzle flash
- Commander now sits at correct height
- Commander M240 max zoom reduced
- Commander M240 now has proper zeroing
- Changed editor menu layout
- Toned down hull reflections
- New woodland textures
- Added sling loading functionality
- Fix minor antenna shadows bug
- Changed reflections
- Changed woodland textures
- Fixed rpt bone error spam
- AGM autocannon compatibility
- AGM FCS introduced
- Added Winter camo
- Fixed deadstate animations
- added pintle mounted M240 on new variant (LAV-25A2)
- front panel should not raise when the vehicle gets damaged or destroyed anymore
- wheels should finally touch the ground now
- added desert skin
- added menu icon in factions
- added bikey and bisign
- Wheels armor increased slightly
- AI can finally engage enemies normally
- Wheels damage animations now work correctly
- Wheels hit animations now on par with BIS vehicles
- Commander for the LAV-C2 now finally hears sounds normally
- Commander for the LAV-C2 now properly displayed as commander when switching seats
- Guns max and min aiming height reduced slightly
- Wheels moved closer to the ground
- Radar now working for both gunner and commander
- Initial Release
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums