Bornholm for Arma 3 is a vast terrain in a North-European setting, filling the need for new and exciting areas of operation in Arma. With its various changes in elevation and vegetation you will find yourself fight wars in a variated and fascinating battlezone.
Area about 280km^2
Heightmap resolution in terrain 5.5 metres
Island Measures a span of 20km x 14km
Terrain 22 x 22km
Height is between -30 to 182m with a lot of elevation changes
About 1.73 million objects scattered nicely across the entire island.
31 cities, villages and towns
Large forests, large open fields, narrow cities, lots of hills, crests and valleys
Ohh, and a couple of easter eggs
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
No lights on TV Tower near Nexoe
For developers and terrain makers: The source files for the terrain, the textures, the models and the config files. Everything you need to continue developing this terrain. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to commit and continue my self, so here's the chance for you guys to keep working on it if you like.
Two things to note! 1) Always keep it under the Arma Share alike license. 2) Please don't dilute the terrain by making several different variations. Instead try to help each other so there's almost only one version out there. End players don't want to have a evening ruined by having downloaded different versions, so please respect this.
Bornholm for Arma 3 Arma Source Files
Credits & Thanks:
-- Big Outstanding Thanks goes to + permissions to use data, models etc. from:
Fabiano Gonzalez for lightning from Chernarus
Opteryx, Bad Benson, Minimalaco & Robster for PRAA and OPX plants
Mikebart for dandelions
Summplants guys for the lush variants of A2 vegetation
Bushlurker for vital help
M!lkman for vital help
Mikero for fantastic tools and vital help
SmokeDogRich for a great sparring and vital help
@GeoDataStyrelsen for height and terrain data
_oMMe_ for normal map help
DeanosBeano for ground texture trick
Danish Armed Forces and iRacingDanmark.dk groups for extensive testing
All the guys in the Arma Map Making Skype channel. Could not have done it without your help in the last 15 months working in my baby
- Make Arma Not War Edition
- Optimized terrain by removing 39,000 trees. Terrain should be less taxing.
- Added a few hidden mine shafts near Hasle
- Fixed jump bug near Oestermarie Airfield
- Changed satellite colors to give it a more fresh appearance
- Changed grass textures to match grass objects better
- Optimized island (removed another 5000 trees, and made openings in forests)
- Lowered height of clutter in wild grass areas. Now it should be just possible to lie in the grass an aim.
- Added 8-10 new hills in the North and 3 new hills in the South East for game play optimization
- Corrected roads to align to satellite texture
- Brightened satellite texture so it looks more summer and more realistic
- Removed bunch of buildings in Almegaard Kaserne to make room for custom FOBs inside the walls
- Smoothened the Northern part. It's still rocky and a rough terrain but roads should be more smooth now
- Made wheat fields occluding to AI. They can still shoot at you and track you mostly by last visible position along will your sound emissions
- Fixed other building positions etc.
- Optimized the center forest (removed approx 30000 trees, making small openings in forest)
- Changed MaxSpeedCoef for terrain types of forest and grass underlay. This means civilian cars can now run off roads
- Realigned a few buildings
- Stars in the night shine brighter
- Moon shine brighter
- Swapped audio clips of birds in forests and meadows
- Fixed 60.000 errors in RPT logs
- Correct textures on models so it's all now packed into Objects.pbo
- Added sandbagwalls to Raghammer area
- Realigned city sign in Allinge
- Realigned Ghost Hotel in Roenne
- Fixed various terrain and object placements errors
- First release
- BI Forums