Author: Red hammer Studios
Author Website: http://www.rhsmods.org/
Requirements: No addons required
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: Realistic representation of the Russian military for Arma 3.
The mod contains a a large array of content representing almost all branches of the Russian military. When you download the pack this is what you can expect to find inside:
Several scratch built, accurate uniforms in various camo patterns.
Bulletproof and loadout vests like the 6B13, 6B23 and 9Sh92.
Headgear, such as the 6B27 and ZSh-7A.
New custom backpacks.
The whole line of BTR APC's.
Infantry Fighting Vehicles such as the BMP and BMD series.
Russian T series tanks as well as the more exotic 2S25 Sprut-SD.
Artillery, conventional as well as rocket. Also some nukes.
Choppers and planes, transport and attack versions.
Soft bodied cars and trucks.
AK rifles with a large selection of attachments.
Various RPG models.
Radars and supporting vehicles
The mod doesn't just come with content. This is after all a total modification! Expect to see the following things:
Carefully crafted and fully functional Fire Control Systems for vehicles.
Fire From Vehicles added where appropriate.
Conformity to the newest features present in Arma 3 (bipods, slingloading etc.)
Interaction with weapons and vehicles.
New, realistic effects.
Custom and random decals in the form of emblems and vehicle numbers.
And many many more...
To install the RHS: Armed Forces Of The Russian Federation you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
All the contents of the mod can be found in the Mission editor. The sample missions can be found in Play > Scenarios. The Multiplayer missions can be found in the list of scenarios that is displayed when creating a server.
Full documentation can be found here: http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/RHS:AFRF
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
This is just the beginning! As you might already know, RHS Evolution development will not stop with MANW competition, we will build on it in order to polish the existing, add new content and features!
- Further optimization: Especially for the US side, some of the vehicles will receive more resolution lods.It will come in future builds, or even as hotfixes. Rest assured though that with hundreds of hours of testing we have yet to receive a performance drop complaint.
- Commercial logos on weapons and equipment. For the sake of avoiding complications in the legal department we decided to change those on the US side with our own. This was mostly to do with MANW. In the near future we will change it back for the sake of authenticity.
- Missions. We ran out of time on this one and are not able to deliver a set of missions that we are confident would reflect the type of quality we would want to deliver. However, may mission makers have had access to our alpha build and have been independently producing missions with our content. Expect to see them shortly. We have also teamed up with the producers of the hugely successful King of the Hill game mode to produce a special version of KOTH. It will also go live just a little after the MANW submissions close.
- Bugs squashing. As we were adding new content almost to the last day before release, there might still be some left. We had a large group of dedicated players testing around our stuff for almost a month and were able to polish a lot of errors in time for MANW. If you encounter any sort of pesky bugs (although you really shouldn’t), please let us know as fast as possible.
- Functionality. In future development builds every piece of equipment will be useable to some degree or another. For now, some of the things that were originally envisioned to have a little more functionality are simply for eye candy. A good example of this are the radars that come along with the pack.
- Content and features - while we don’t want to disclose anything at this very moment, we can safely say there is a lot of work that is going on behind the curtains that we haven’t had the chance to finish in time for MANW, but it is still obviously planned to be implemented into future builds.
Make Arma Not War:
If you like our work, please support us in the contest!
Vote for us in MakeArmaNotWar.
Credits & Thanks:
License / Disclaimer:
ALL THE COMPUTER PROGRAMS AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THEY ARE FREE OF ERROR, OR ARE CONSISTENT WITH ANY PARTICULAR STANDARD OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR THAT THEY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR ANY PARTICULAR APPLICATION. THEY SHOULD NOT BE RELIED ON FOR SOLVING A PROBLEM WHOSE INCORRECT SOLUTION COULD RESULT IN INJURY TO A PERSON OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. IF YOU DO USE THEM IN SUCH A MANNER, IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR AND PUBLISHER DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAMS.
By downloading and using the Red Hammer Studios: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Red Hammer Studios: United States Armed Forces or Red Hammer Studios: Escalation mods, you hereby agree to the following license agreement.
End User License Agreement
The work contained in this distribution is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You can view the license by clicking on the icon at the bottom of this page. Please note that the above mentioned agreement gives the right to Red Hammer Studios to waiver any of the conditions, thus feel free to contact us to obtain permission to modify our work.
This add-on is provided for Arma 2: Combined Operations or Arma 3 and is not to be used with VBS or any of its derivatives built for the purpose of military training.
- BI forums