This adds Enhanced Movement to your character.
- one context sensitive key to:
--> climb on/over and step onto obstacles
- one context sensitive key to:
--> open doors/hatches and perform any close by actions
--> climb ladders
--> access the gear of any object (vehicles, ammoboxes, etc.)
--> get quickly into prioritized vehicle seats (temporarily disabled)
--> vehicle seat menu
--> access gear of group members (temporarily disabled)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
after installing the addon simply go ingame and press ESC.
there will be a small menu that will allow you to bind your keys and adjust your settings.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- some objects make you float (this has to be fixed by BI inside the models)
- some windows or general places are not climbable (again..this has to be fixed by BI inside the models)
- clipping resulting in floating/clipping and generally unpleasing visuals
- some timing issues between anim playaback in MP
- improved animations
- dropping down safely from high places (soon)
Credits & Thanks:
- various people i learned from over the years especially Einherj. the rest. you know who you are. thx!
- thx Columdrum for the action code example
- Apache7 for helping me sort some binarize problems and general rtm things
- Macser for his awesome Blender rig that inspired me to make my own in max (coming soon)
- Mikero for his great tools that simply work and do the job properly
- BI for this weird,clunky but amazing game series that i hate and love at the same time
all beta testers and especially...
Apache (indepth MP testing)
Einherj (indepth MP testing)
Deuce (indepth SP testing)
Corporal_Lib (indepth SP testing)
SerJames (indepth mod compatibility testing)
License / Disclaimer:
- use this at your own risk (obviously...)
- this update will not fix (potentially break) old broken savegames
Modification of the contents of this addon requires the author's (that would be me) permission. should permission be granted the content and derivatives of it are under the APL-SA license.
The contents of this addon are not allowed for any type of commercial use. that includes derivatives of it.
That includes using this as part of game modes/servers that have donation systems that are tied to ingame content as reward for donations, even if that content is not this addon specifically.
this means the use of this is only allowed in a 100% free context. that obviously excludes normal servers that accept donations without ingame content perks.
The use of contents of this addon (if permission was granted) is not allowed outside of arma games. that includes "very similar military simulators based on the RV engine".
- removed: scripted fall damage (babe_fd.pbo obsolete)
- removed: interaction icons (obsolete)
- changed: interaction based on geometry instead of memory points now. in practice: look at the door and not an imaginary point to interact with it
v0.62 beta (Nexus)
- added: stamina penalty for jumping and climbing
- added: climbing is performed slower depending on the load you carry
- added: dropping down safely (look straight down and hit the climb key), animation is a placeholder
- added: menu supports key combos now (still WIP but works)
- (re)added: mod menu is moveable/draggable again by holding down shift
- removed: fatigue bar, obsolete
- removed: weight limits, obsolete
- changed: menu slightly changed to make more room for key combo names
- changed: fall damage is more lethal due to presence of a counter (drop safely)
- changed: no more auto eject when using interaction key inside vehicle, custom action menu instead
- and maybe other stuff i forgot about.
- weight limits have been "removed": the limits can still be set by the mission makers but i felt the default state should not be restricting since fatigue already provides a penalty.
this will reworked once the Nexus update and stasmina are on stable
- NVG effects reworked: i replaced blur with more dynamic "wet distortion effect" to get bloomy lights but keep sharpness overall
- NVG sound gets only played on goggles and not scopes
- almost 100% rewrite of all systems
- fixed/tweaked: more accurate and flexible detection
- new animations (very much WIP will be updated in the next update in 1-2 weeks)
- fixed/tweaked: fall damage handling (now optional pbo in case of problems)
- fixed/tweaked: savegame handling and overall initialisation
- added: cooperative climbing now possible (simply provide you back so a friend can use it to get to higher places by climbing onto it and then climbing again to the higher place)
- fixed/tweaked: jumping overhauled entirely (still needs some nerfing)
- added: super simple interaction icons (optional)....... -added: arma 2 mode since arma 2 buildings have badly placed memory points
- added: self-interaction (just holstering and general weapon selection for now...more later)
- added: vehicle menu to select seat categories
- fixed: player could get into vehicles from too far away using fast get in
- anti flying hotfix
- changed: proper anim configs to allow better transitions, WIP, especially climbing over walls
- added: scripted fall damage. it's handled by the addon and bypasses engine damage now
- added: land anims for falling from 6 m and higher (first test)
- fixed (hopefully): damage from climbing...please report with description of reproduction
- added: fatigue for all movements
- fixed: menu adapts better to specific UI settings of the user
- changed: menu will always reset to top left corner to avoid it disappearing...it is still draggable though
- improved: mod compatibility
- changed: CBA no longer required
- fixed: should work now after loading a savegame (excluding old savegames made without the current version)
-- fatigue indicator (optional)
-- ability to disable fatigue (only in SP)
-- menu to change mod settings and keybinds easily from ingame (press ESC to access)
-- experimental bf3/4 like fast vehicle get in with driver, gunner cargo prioritizing (optional)
-- option to turn off features in general to allow mixing with other mods
- removed some legacy code from my old interaction
- fixed (hopefully): broken spam block
- changed: fatigue limit is now 95%
- first public release
- BI forums