A collection of modular cave sections, which are walkable and drivable, designed for assembly of various user made cave systems.
- 20 Cave segments
- 2 Covers
- 3 Terrain textured cover insets
- High quality rvmats using textures called from Arma 3
- Fully functional in 2D Editor, 3D Editor, and Visitor (Binarized)
Cave Segments Included:
("CS_" is sharprock "CB_" is bluntrock)
- CS_End01\CB_End01: An intersection that leads to two dead ends
- CS_End02\CB_End02: A dead end that expands slightly
- CS_Entrance01\CB_Entrance01: A small entrance
- CS_Entrance02\CB_Entrance02: A larger entrance
- CS_H45\CB_H45: Segment with a horizontal 45 degree turn
- CS_H90\CB_H90: Segment with a horizontal 90 degree turn
- CS_Intersect01\CB_Intersect01: A "T" intersection
- CS_Intersect02\CB_Intersect02: A "Y" intersection
- CS_Long\CB_Long: A long straight segment
- CS_Short\CB_Short: A short straight segment with a bit of an incline/decline (NOTE: C_Short is designed to be a bit of a choke point in your cave system, as a result larger vehicles do not fit through this area, quad will still drive through without issue)
- Cover_Bluntstone: A rocky cover for terrain artists to hide caves
- Cover_Sharprock: A rocky cover for terrain artists to hide caves
- Cover_Grass_Inset: A plot of grass to inset into covers
- Cover_Dirt_Inset: A plot of dirt to inset into covers
- Cover_Sand_Inset: A plot of sand to inset into covers
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
For usage and information instructionss of how to use RSPN Cave Systems please refer to the included documentation.
RSPN Caves can be found in the 2D and 3D editor under Empty --> Objects (RSPN).
Cave segments do not have geometry on outside, be sure to cover all outside areas with covers or rocks! This includes connecting faces. Entrances DO have outside geometry, but only on smooth face not connecting face. Covers and insets have full geometry everywhere. Segment End_01 is very large with a heavy amount of geo, it is advised that this is not placed multiple times in a small area.
RSPN Caves can be found in the 2D and 3D editor under Empty> Objects (RSPN). When placing caves in editor, as caves require very precise placement in order to line up correctly, be sure that you save and double check line up after each segment placement.
- Lighting is a little bright for caves.. Not much to do here, if I reduce the lighting the only way arma allows, you wouldn't be able to use lights to shine your way at night.
- Outside of cave enclosures do not have Collision Geometry, this is intended to increase performance and will most likely stay through final version.
- Would love to hear feedback, please don't hesitate to point out bugs!
When you like our work you can find out how to support us by contacting me over mail:
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to: Bohemia Interactive, for their accessible modding tools.
Kurtis Bell (Liv2Die)- Design, Models, Code
Jack Thibeau (Jakuhtak)- Design, Testing
Adrian Krankowski (EducatedKiller)- Design, Testing
Heather Bell (Psychness)- Cause shes beautiful *Awwwwwww"
You are authorized to use and redistribute this mod in its current state, for use with the game "Arma 3" By Bohemia Interactive Studios, as you require. 3rd party distribution must include the PBO file and LICENSE in their original form. You are also authorized to include the prefix folder and files, but not required. You may unpack PBO for use with visitor only, and any modification to files whilst unpacked is prohibited. You are authorized to use this mod with services that accept donations. You may include this mod with any free modpack or alternative free mod that you wish. It is required that you disclose all credit of the mod to "RSPN Gaming" or myself "Liv2Die". The use of this mod in conjunction with servers, mods, maps, addons, or any other distributed software requiring Fees, Donations, or Purchases is strictly prohibited and is punishable by law. Any commercial use of this mod is strictly prohibited and is punishable by law.
Written on January 9th 2015 By,
Kurtis Bell (Liv2Die)
- Full release
- Pulling new textures for sharprock caves to better match A3 Sharprocks
- Cleaned up some code cause its totally fun... YAY :)
- Signed PBO with a super totally awsome signature
- Finalized included license (Please read as some things have changed)
- Added 14 new segments (All cave segments now come in Sharprock and Bluntrock\Bluntstone)
- Added 2 cave covers (Sharp and Blunt)
- Added 3 different insets to sink into cave covers for ground appearance
- Optimized specular lighting to imporve performance
- Optimized geometry a little more (I think we're good now)
- Changed hit material to better suit rock
- Prefixes that were "C_" will now be "CB_" for blunt and "CS_" for sharp
- Improved textures
- Added two new segments
- Optimized geometry
- Added hit material to geometry
- Updated test mission with new segments
- Initial release